[News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition- - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 15th October 2019, 05:04 PM
July 1st Initiate

I honestly cannot stop raving about how good this remaster sounds. like, the entire album noticeably sounds better, but the first five tracks are my favourite parts to revisit over and over again. And Then and immature are now even more of a Banger.
Old 15th October 2019, 05:37 PM
Far away Initiate

There must be something wrong with my ears, because I tried listening to it in two different players, both with and without my earphones and I really don't hear much of an improvement but rather like some parts of the songs get lower and muffled which made me not enjoy it that much.

Might be just me then.
Old 15th October 2019, 07:03 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealLight View Post
There must be something wrong with my ears, because I tried listening to it in two different players, both with and without my earphones and I really don't hear much of an improvement but rather like some parts of the songs get lower and muffled which made me not enjoy it that much.

Might be just me then.
What kind of speakers or earphones you have? I think the difference is pretty bold but it is for sure the same songs.
Old 16th October 2019, 12:11 AM
Who... Initiate

I think it sounds quite different, and much better!

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 16th October 2019, 04:36 AM
Two of us Initiate

Some of these comments crack me up!
This is a remaster - not a remix. They haven't adjusted a lot of the things you think they have.
Old 16th October 2019, 04:51 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOGMAN View Post
Some of these comments crack me up!
This is a remaster - not a remix. They haven't adjusted a lot of the things you think they have.
We know but it is a significant remaster.
Old 16th October 2019, 11:18 AM
still alone Initiate

I still would like to spend more time listening to the remaster but so far I think this is a successful remaster.
The biggest change is that this release has a much more boomy sound to it. Everything just sounds a lot bigger but without crushing the dynamic range too much. I think the changes to the sound here are more in line with the genres found on the Loveppears album. Because of this, that is why songs like Boys & Girls, Trauma, WHATEVER seem to benefit the most. Which brings me to my slight criticism of the remaster. I think the more minimal and delicate songs like End roll, Who..., TO BE sometimes feel like the lower frequencies are turned up a little too high. Because of that, I think I prefer the original when it comes to the ballads. I feel that they have more clarity on the original release. Overall I think this release is worth getting.
Old 16th October 2019, 08:21 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

It's funny as for now we have like 10 remasters/mixes of TO BE starting with the single version that was never released on an album

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 17th October 2019, 06:34 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
It's funny as for now we have like 10 remasters/mixes of TO BE starting with the single version that was never released on an album
Same with Too Late and Monochrome. We just need a remaster of the J Version WHATEVER now.
Old 17th October 2019, 04:29 PM
Initiate

Hmm Im not sure how i feel about this remaster, it sounds like they crank up the treble and lower the bass. I'm a bass person so i don't really enjoy it as much as the original one.
Old 17th October 2019, 07:47 PM
walking proud Initiate

Just realized with the timing of this coming out in November, it's prime time to promote on end of the year shows. With all this renewed interest in this album because of the book, dorama etc., maybe we will get some more tv lives. I always look forward to those, and then cross my fingers for her vocals, lol.

Maybe that's the plan and why she has no touring November - January?

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 17th October 2019 at 08:55 PM.
Old 17th October 2019, 08:59 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-fan View Post
Hmm Im not sure how i feel about this remaster, it sounds like they crank up the treble and lower the bass. I'm a bass person so i don't really enjoy it as much as the original one.
It also sounds like they just cut off some of the higher frequencies altogether - especially noticeable with the crash cymbal sounds... they sound really weird now.

Disappointed to say the least...
Old 20th October 2019, 11:17 PM
Initiate

I listened to a few of the remastered songs. I agree with EndoftheWorld. It sounds to me like they did some frequency contouring (shaving off frequencies of some of the instruments to make room for others) which gave the instruments a lot more breathing room, high end stuff such as acoustic guitars and some of the synths are more easily heard in the mix as a result. I'm not sure if I love the extra boosted low end, it feels a little too much to me, at least on the songs I listen to. It's possible that they added an extra layer of reverb to her vocal track, but I have a feeling it was always pretty reverb-y, but the original mixes for a lot of the songs were kind of muddy so the vocals blended in a little more to the instrumentation. Now they've opened up some space and you can hear everything more clearly, it stands out more. I haven't listened to every song yet, so this is a preliminary evaluation based on about 5 or 6 songs, but I generally like how it came out.
Old 21st October 2019, 12:30 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I love it - ut I loved A BEST as well. It feels so clean and kinda fresh. Wish they would do that to other older albums, but they already slipped ASfXX
Old 21st October 2019, 04:06 AM
from your letter Initiate

This release made me realize that 1. I didn't have And then... or immature in my library because my blasphemous teen self wasn't a fan of either of them and 2. it flowed SO nicely.

Actually, LOVEppears wasn't in my list of top Ayu albums, nor was it an album I go back to at all (Cause I generally favored post-I am..ayu more). But this re-release got me re-analyzing my thought process. Like, I went through each song trying to figure out the differences, and each song got me thinking "Wow, this was really out of it's time" (which is how I started liking And then and immature). The remasters made a lot of the songs more listenable IMO, no matter how big or small. Its def sitting in my top 5 now.

Now, my only major dilemma is should I delete the old LOVEppears album to make room for this or keep it lol. (Also why are the files so damn huge omg.)

you attack my heart.

Old 21st October 2019, 04:16 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kashifaita~ View Post
This release made me realize that 1. I didn't have And then... or immature in my library because my blasphemous teen self wasn't a fan of either of them and 2. it flowed SO nicely.

Actually, LOVEppears wasn't in my list of top Ayu albums, nor was it an album I go back to at all (Cause I generally favored post-I am..ayu more). But this re-release got me re-analyzing my thought process. Like, I went through each song trying to figure out the differences, and each song got me thinking "Wow, this was really out of it's time" (which is how I started liking And then and immature). The remasters made a lot of the songs more listenable IMO, no matter how big or small. Its def sitting in my top 5 now.

Now, my only major dilemma is should I delete the old LOVEppears album to make room for this or keep it lol. (Also why are the files so damn huge omg.)
Off topic - your sig gif is the business!
Old 21st October 2019, 04:52 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Just realized with the timing of this coming out in November, it's prime time to promote on end of the year shows. With all this renewed interest in this album because of the book, dorama etc., maybe we will get some more tv lives. I always look forward to those, and then cross my fingers for her vocals, lol.

Maybe that's the plan and why she has no touring November - January?
God I hope so lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 21st October 2019, 06:48 AM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kashifaita~ View Post
Same here... I think I will delete the original album and keep this (I think I did the same for A BEST)
Old 21st October 2019, 02:18 PM
Love song H-Initiate

I keep everything
Old 21st October 2019, 04:38 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^me too.

Tags
appears, ayumi hamasaki, loveppears