New album 'Love songs' & Ayu-produced single 'Dream ON' 12/22 [IX] - Page 20 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th December 2010, 06:47 AM
Initiate

Just finish listening to the album ! i don't like most of the new tracks except for Love songs and Like a doll ! I myself find R'n'r circus better but i'm glad that most of people on AHS love this album !^^!
Old 19th December 2010, 07:03 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I just realised how many people say they cried through the album. I must be some kind of freak then, I only got a little teary through SDW lol.

I don't think Ayu wants us all bawling our eyes out over her songs xD Unless she's evil and feeds off of our tears or something...

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 19th December 2010, 07:08 AM
from your letter Initiate

assume that if sending mail is opening theme song for Tales of Xillia, it would be the most perfect opening for tales series!! i loved it!!!!!
Old 19th December 2010, 07:18 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
I just realised how many people say they cried through the album. I must be some kind of freak then, I only got a little teary through SDW lol.

I don't think Ayu wants us all bawling our eyes out over her songs xD Unless she's evil and feeds off of our tears or something...
I got teary in November and SDW because she just sounds so sad in them.
Old 19th December 2010, 07:30 AM
GAME Initiate

Reading the lyrics while listening to 'November' is an amazing experience.

...and I love this David Reitzas dude, he's a great mixer. He needs to be involved in any song of hers that involves a string section.
Old 19th December 2010, 07:34 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I got teary in November and SDW because she just sounds so sad in them.
I felt it in SDW, for sure! I guess because the live version is just that much rawer in emotion. If I was there seeing her sing this live I would have been crying a lot

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 19th December 2010, 07:38 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I like all the songs so far. Like a doll didn't turn out the way I expected it, but I like it, while sending mail turned out to be way better than I expected. do it again is still so-so, I'm liking November and Thank U better. As for SDW, I usually love her live vocals, but this wasn't good enough to be on the album, they should've stick to the Original mix.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th December 2010, 08:32 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I think I might actually be in love with Love songs. It's been two years since I've really liked anything as much as GUILTY.

Finally a great Ayu release
Old 19th December 2010, 08:33 AM
And Then Initiate

Okay, I lied and posted my review now. (Wth, 3 hours have gone by since I started writing it??) *hopes EMS comes quickly* I can't wait to hold this album in my hands. lol
Old 19th December 2010, 08:44 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I know this could be intentional, but do some of the songs sound unresolved in terms of melody? Particularly 'November', 'do it again', and 'sending mail'

I don't mean the songs sound "unfinished", rather.. I don't know.
In many ways, that is a stylization that TK likes to use and it can take some getting used to. His songs used to be fairly common structurally, but seemed to get quite a bit more experimental from the late 90s on.

I've also noticed that his songs from the 00s on tend to be "growers." Often I just think they are OK on first hearing, but after a few listens I start realizing how brilliant they are. It's happening with the title track Love Song already; on first hearing I thought the song was just ok, but I'm already liking it more and more. Same thing with Virgin Road and Crossroads too actually.

I'm glad that she did an album with him because working with her same composers over and over again I did feel that her sound was actually getting a bit stale (even though her sound is constantly changing, you could usually listen to a track and actually predict who was the composer of it.)

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 19th December 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 09:07 AM
Dolls Initiate

I feel like Love song might be a song for me, that I will listen through years like NEVER EVER, M, Rainbow etc. This song... just got THIS.
Old 19th December 2010, 10:01 AM
Initiate

The performance on BEST ARTIST 2010 made me fall in love with Love Song even though I already heard the full song, but the power she put into the performance, and the scream had me sold.

reminds me of my experience of MY ALL(I htink I am one of the few people who care about that song) where it grows on me and I start repeating it nonstop.

Love Song is already at 103 plays..and growing.

and in regards to ayu being mad of the album leak, well considering that the album got to AyuChina, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't have reached other fans...
Old 19th December 2010, 10:12 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

does anyone get reminded of MW in some parts of sending mail? I swear sometimes I get confused and think I'm listening to MW for a few seconds lol. this is not a bad thing though as I love MW.
Old 19th December 2010, 10:15 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I have just gave the album like 4 listens as far. I like it. It's a good album. I'm not superamazed over something just yet. I really really like do it again. Now I'm off to listen for this whole day.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 19th December 2010, 10:36 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
[...]for SDW, I usually love her live vocals, but this wasn't good enough to be on the album, they should've stick to the Original mix.
I agree, I would prefer the original mix as well.
Ayu is crying trough the whole song and of course her vocals suffer because of that. It is really nice watching the concert or actually being there, but as a bonus track?? Out of all coherence?
Not a good idea imo. Guess I replace it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 19th December 2010, 10:42 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ exactly, not seeing it live might be cool, but listening to her crying isn't that appealing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
In many ways, that is a stylization that TK likes to use and it can take some getting used to. His songs used to be fairly common structurally, but seemed to get quite a bit more experimental from the late 90s on.

I've also noticed that his songs from the 00s on tend to be "growers." Often I just think they are OK on first hearing, but after a few listens I start realizing how brilliant they are. It's happening with the title track Love Song already; on first hearing I thought the song was just ok, but I'm already liking it more and more. Same thing with Virgin Road and Crossroads too actually.

I'm glad that she did an album with him because working with her same composers over and over again I did feel that her sound was actually getting a bit stale (even though her sound is constantly changing, you could usually listen to a track and actually predict who was the composer of it.)
I agree and I love the way the melodies are unpredictable, the only thing that would make the album sound even better would be the arrangements, cuz I don't think some of them did justice to TK's compositions.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th December 2010, 10:43 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
does anyone get reminded of MW in some parts of sending mail? I swear sometimes I get confused and think I'm listening to MW for a few seconds lol. this is not a bad thing though as I love MW.
I can hear why since there's that same incessant beats with strings in the background, though sending mail pales in vocal strength and the chorus isn't as fast, and composition is a bit simpler.
Old 19th December 2010, 11:51 AM
monochrome Initiate

sending mail is EPIC!!! I can't stop listening!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 19th December 2010, 12:23 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

^ I totally agree with you. It's my favorite track of the entire album

Old 19th December 2010, 12:37 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Mine also!

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Tags
〜♡〜, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, dream on, hamasaki ayumi, love songs, team ayu, teamayu