'again' mini album out December 8th, 2nd of five 15th anniversary releases [II] - Page 26 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2012, 01:40 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Honestly, her pvs are really boring now. There doesn't seem to be much of a vision to them. I think people get doubly disappointed because everyone knows that she is capable of better. I think the last pv I actually liked was brilliante. Since love songs, that is the only one that has stood out to me.

Music wise though, Again is head and shoulders above Love.
THIS. Song 4 U was boring and after the first Ayu disappeared you might as well turn off because you've pretty much seen the whole PV by that point. Such a disappointment.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:43 AM
GREEN Initiate

her PVs have never really been good for me so this is nothing new.
Although she hasnt really had many PV's since Brilliante, so its not like there is much to go on...

I am kinda fond of HBYR however.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:46 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ all the other pvs on five, all the party queen pvs, you and me, and love's pvs are quite a few. . And maybe it's just me, but up until around Guilty her PVs generally were pretty awesome. It became a bit more hit or miss after that. Now though it is heavily on the miss side, IMO.

Yes, i agree that song for you was super disappointing. It had a simple but good concept, but they didn't do anything with it. It's a fast song, but the editing was slow as hell. Better editing could have made a big difference and at least to me, that should have been basic. I don't know what's up with her video production team.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th November 2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 27th November 2012, 01:50 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I just miss when things would actually happen, or she would dance.

INSPIRE, RAINBOW, Real me, ANGEL'S SONG, Because of You, is this LOVE?, Days, Rule, etc.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 27th November 2012, 01:58 AM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
^ all the other pvs on five, all the party queen pvs, you and me, and love's pvs are quite a few.
true, but those are spread out over 2 years... unlike 2010 where she had 16 in one year, lol...

But yes... 12 is a lot of disappointments.
(9 for me since I liked a few from FIVE/Party Queen)
Old 27th November 2012, 01:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
^ all the other pvs on five, all the party queen pvs, you and me, and love's pvs are quite a few. . And maybe it's just me, but up until around Guilty her PVs generally were pretty awesome. It became a bit more hit or miss after that. Now though it is heavily on the miss side, IMO.

Yes, i agree that song for you was super disappointing. It had a simple but good concept, but they didn't do anything with it. It's a fast song, but the editing was slow as hell. Better editing could have made a big difference and at least to me, that should have been basic. I don't know what's up with her video production team.
I liked beloved and progress a lot. Why... was also a pretty good one imo and very Ladies Night-lite. ANother song was pretty "AAA" or idol standard though. Some dancing and people grooving in solo shots. Ayu did look good in that PV though during the laser silhouette portions.

Party Queen should have probably had more PVs but for most people only how beautiful you are and Return Road exist on that release.

You & Me was very much in the vein of "Yay hidden messages!" Ayu like how she had a "Secret" on the Secret cover... aka the tattoo.

Anyway, I think one thing Masashi Muto has done lately with Ayu is not as many quick cuts as most music videos. Usually videos have 2-3 seconds before cutting to another angle or another type of scene entirely but his videos seem to have a bit less ADD-type editing which most people are probably used to from PVs in general.

Her PVs imo have been fine lately, they just haven't been nearly as high concept as they used to be. Still, we're probably in for a few more after A CLASSICAL so it's not like she's not going to churn more out.

Oh, and I think most people probably feel like she's had better concert-interlude videos than PVs in the last 4-5 years which is somewhat accurate since they seem to be a bit more grand feeling.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:03 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:

Return Road has the same problem IMO..whoever edited it was smoking crack.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:09 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Return Road has the same problem IMO..whoever edited it was smoking crack.
Yep. I was tempted to put Return Road on the good list of PVs, but the editing made what could have been a good pv boring.

It doesn't feel like her pvs are edited to the music. It's like they edit all the video together first with the track length in mind and then just slap the music on top of it at the end regardless of whether the cuts and the music actually fit together.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 27th November 2012 at 02:11 AM.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:10 AM
End roll Initiate

she upload short version again but with subs for lots of languages

English : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-U47...3&feature=plcp

omg how thoughtful <3
Old 27th November 2012, 02:13 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:

This. I think her PVs nowadays have interesting-sounding concepts, but the execution is terrible. Like, when I saw the short version of song 4 u, I was wondering what would happen when the two queens finally met; and when I saw the short version of missing, I was intrigued by the flying men and the story behind that. But, all I got was five minutes of guys flying in the air and Ayu looking sad. No plot, no nothing. And don't get me started on Return Road. The editing on that one made what could have been a return to form for Ayu into a disaster of a PV. So disappointing.
Old 27th November 2012, 02:32 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Love that there are subtitles!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Closed Thread

Tags
『again』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, ayumi hamasaki