ANother song thoughts/opinions - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 24th August 2011, 12:46 PM
from your letter Initiate

I never really listened to Dream ON because it was technically Urata's song, but after listening to ANother song I realize that Urata's voice really makes me angry and possibly why people were already dreading the collaboration. His voice and Ayu's definitely do not match as well as JUNO's with Ayu. Urata uses way too much nasal buzz in comparison to JUNO who I believe actually compliments Ayu's voice with his singing, and one Ayu vibrato is enough already...don't need another Urata making unnecessary distortions as well. Why the hell does he have more lines than Ayu in the song anyways when he's only the featured artist? It's nice to see Ayu experimenting, but I feel like ANother song's melody had so much more potential than just this. Pretty much what I find the most wrong about this song is Urata's voice.

Why... > ANother song
Old 24th August 2011, 12:59 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

It sounds quite generic.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:03 PM
Over Initiate

for the first time,i don't like an ayu song.Maybe with the time...

thanks ownsarai

Old 24th August 2011, 01:21 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Okay, I finally listened to it, and I love this song, its really sweet and I think their voices mesh wonderfully.

Just goes to show you, never listen to haters.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 24th August 2011, 01:22 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I hoped Ayu would never touch this genre and I am kinda sad she did. The song is pretty terrible, generic and sounds like so many other songs out there. The bg music is the only good thing about it. Let's just hope they never make another song together as the guy is bringing out the worst in her. I am starting to despise him as well.
You know, I have to agree here... But in particular, I have to say that while I actually like Naoya (I was a big fan of AAA when they still had diverse songs, and I really liked him in the group), Ayu is really starting to make me dislike him. She keeps shoving him in my face when I really just don't want him to be there. And the sad thing is, even though I know it's Ayu's fault, it still affects my view of Naoya because it makes me want him to go away already. Now I understand how the people who dislike her dancers feel because that's exactly how I feel about Naoya at this point. >_<

I just think Ayu is being not very smart about this release. For one, she's collaborating with people who don't even have anything in common with her, whether it's musical style, fan base, or artistic caliber. And then she continually shoves them both in our faces when it seems like most of us really don't want them to be there. Okay, I can understand that you want to have fun and collaborate on a few songs, but then doing a whole a-nation stage with them there (which wasn't even advertised beforehand)? And then you expect people to be happy about it? And then the fact that, even though she clearly knew many people were unhappy about Naoya being there, she goes and adds JUNO in. I understand that you can't ~sacrifice your artistry for your fans~, but that just felt like a slap in the face to fans. (And by that, I mean that it felt like an insult to her fans, not that her fans all necessarily feel insulted by it. )

Hopefully this will just be a random bad release in her career and her next releases will be much better and solo, but yeah... we'll see.
Old 24th August 2011, 01:31 PM

Ayu shouldn't have hurried so badly. Okay it's been abt 8-9 months after the release of Love songs, but Ayu should have taken more time. For more songs and so on. More better songs with NO featurings ----> More standable mini-album.
Old 24th August 2011, 02:00 PM
poker face Initiate

First time I'm disappointed with Ayu music. Was playing this song the first time, I thought I heard the wrong song. The instruments part... Urgh! I don't like it! And I only hear UN's voice most of the time, not Ayu. I want to hear her voice and not UN.
Old 24th August 2011, 02:33 PM
TO BE Initiate

Well....I love this song.

M-O-M-O MOMOIRO CLOVER Z
Green & Purple lifestyle

Old 24th August 2011, 02:39 PM
Replace Initiate

I don't like beloved & progress but I somewhat like ANother song & Why

although to be honest FIVE seems to be her worst album for me comparing to all. incl the fact I axctually hate Rock n Roll Circus as an album & think that A Song for XX is good. many fans think different & won't understand me, so...

I don't like Ayu feat. someone. doesn't work. or it's the wrong ppl she chose I dunno.

the whole album is so bland boring nothing special imo. waste of money or smth. I would have been pretty satisfied if it would be a single with 1 song & instrumental smth. like a ballad like HANABI or smth or a song like Sparkle...oh wtf I'm talking about anyway

it's a case when promotion is better than the material.holy jesus. it was a trick.
Old 24th August 2011, 02:46 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post

Haters? I don't think anybody in this thread is hating. People are expressing valid reasoning alongside their disliking of the song.

This is not hating for the sake of hating. :/
Old 24th August 2011, 02:59 PM
poker face Initiate

I really appreciate Ayu's hard work. Has been repeating ANother song for more than 10 times. Starting to like this song (except for the part - Ayu should be singing more and not UN) She can't go around pleasing all her fans just because some dislike this type of music, that type of music. Is her voice different from last time? Hmmm...
Old 24th August 2011, 03:24 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
Okay, I finally listened to it, and I love this song, its really sweet and I think their voices mesh wonderfully.

I love it also, happy to find a couple who agree.. it's really overwhelming, the hate for this song :S
Old 24th August 2011, 03:37 PM
End roll Initiate

The music sounds like something you'd find on an unofficial karaoke CD. It only goes downhill from there so...

The only good thing I can say about it is that her voice kinda sounds better on this one than it does on the previous leaked tracks.
Old 24th August 2011, 03:50 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

I think it's okay :3 Like with the other ones on FIVE it'll probably grow on me. I hated progress at first and now I'm obsessed.
Old 24th August 2011, 05:45 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
You know, I have to agree here... But in particular, I have to say that while I actually like Naoya (I was a big fan of AAA when they still had diverse songs, and I really liked him in the group), Ayu is really starting to make me dislike him. She keeps shoving him in my face when I really just don't want him to be there. And the sad thing is, even though I know it's Ayu's fault, it still affects my view of Naoya because it makes me want him to go away already. Now I understand how the people who dislike her dancers feel because that's exactly how I feel about Naoya at this point. >_<

I just think Ayu is being not very smart about this release. For one, she's collaborating with people who don't even have anything in common with her, whether it's musical style, fan base, or artistic caliber. And then she continually shoves them both in our faces when it seems like most of us really don't want them to be there. Okay, I can understand that you want to have fun and collaborate on a few songs, but then doing a whole a-nation stage with them there (which wasn't even advertised beforehand)? And then you expect people to be happy about it? And then the fact that, even though she clearly knew many people were unhappy about Naoya being there, she goes and adds JUNO in. I understand that you can't ~sacrifice your artistry for your fans~, but that just felt like a slap in the face to fans. (And by that, I mean that it felt like an insult to her fans, not that her fans all necessarily feel insulted by it. )

Hopefully this will just be a random bad release in her career and her next releases will be much better and solo, but yeah... we'll see.
I feel the same, even though I am still an AAA fan regardless (though their music was way more diverse before they became more popular), I totally get what you're saying. Sure she should do what she wants, but I am simply not alright with it. The songs aren't that BAD. I'll give her that one, but then again she set her standards pretty high and when something like ANother song pops out taking her back to 2000 production-wise I'd say it certainly isn't a good thing. Even though the fans who complained about Naoya on twitter were being immature asses, I don't think adding JUNO and shoving him up our asses as well will make things better and now that Japan isn't crawling under her legs I'd be more careful when it comes to pissing the remains of my fan base off. If she likes spending time with them, she can go out and party or sing karaoke with them as much as she wants, but not every "family" member of hers has to be someone she does a duet with or appear in her videos. I guess Why didn't turn out so bad, but over-all both the songs are pretty weak and not up to her standards and that's the main issue I have.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th August 2011, 06:13 PM
Because of You Initiate

lol, this is not kana inspired song, this is thelma inspired song haha. maybe thats why I love it so much, I honestly thought ayu will never do it, and she did it,

some people here potray this as the end of the world when actually its like one of the rare songs in her discography where the song is easy to listen to...
Old 24th August 2011, 06:19 PM
SAKURA Initiate

i don't really hate the song or anything, but i don't think i like it either, surprisingly. it's a bit boring to me. i'd say "Dream ON" is so much better, actually. but oh well, i love the other 3 songs that leaked. so for this one song to not be as great is fine with me.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 24th August 2011, 08:12 PM
YOU Initiate

Really like this song, I'm not usually up with those pop/r&b j-pop songs, but I just love the ethereal synth sound and the tune. Overall 7/10.

Would love to have a solo version though.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:14 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

After listening to it some more, I actually really like this song :3 She tried something new, and it worked for me ^^
Old 24th August 2011, 11:08 PM
Two of us Initiate

I feel like Ayu had to tone herself down because it was a collab. I mean that her voice is strong, but not in this song. It's like if she had let out all her power in this one, it would have been too much for Naoya's parts. Also, I'm not a fan of his voice. It just has a shakey sound (as I think of it as) that I just really dislike.

Tags
『five』, 浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, another song, urata naoya