'sixxxxxx' covers - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th July 2015, 01:07 PM
independent Initiate

How are people seeing something sexual with these covers o_o I'm not sensing any "let me give you a bj" look with these. If you wanna see what THAT looks like, I'll be gladly happy to show In all seriousness though, I do see the more "raw" and honest approach. It's not flashy. It's not over the top. It's just Ayu. This is who I am. Take it or leave it. I really do like them. I hope the pictures inside are B&W as well.
Old 9th July 2015, 01:13 PM
MY STORY Initiate

She's had worse. Covers aren't that important to me so I'm not bothered.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 9th July 2015, 01:22 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
^Giving me LOVE vibes. Praying that it somehow ends up in the booklet and that the booklet isn't only 6 pages.

Also I kinda like how someone said the covers are giving off a best vibes. This cover is ayu's rebellion.
It'll probably be like FIVE's booklet, but with offshots of the images in Numero Tokyo. They mentioned very natural and feminine makeup/outfits and it seems to deliver so far. But... more peach is very likely if they go with the lighting that they have in the preview image.
Old 9th July 2015, 01:29 PM
Far away Initiate

Oh no a photo shoot in a hotel suite. Dang it. Hope the Sayonara PV is some awesome fierce stuff.
Old 9th July 2015, 01:41 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
I'm probably getting shot in the head by this, but I'll say it anyway. She looks like Koda Kumi. Especially in the CD+DVD. These covers just screams that unique "Kuu feel" that she has in everything she does and these has it, too. I'm NOT saying Ayu's copying Kuu here, but that expression and the atmosphere just gives me a feeling that is not Ayu's at all.

With that being said, despite the huge lips here, I actually like them. But why grey? I mean, it's summer. Shouldn't these covers be full of colors and a summery scenery? O.o
I agree, especially because Kuu has this same expression on almost every photo shoot she does. I don't know how one can be a fan of both and complain about ayu's lips here to be honest.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:02 PM
Initiate

^ People don't usually complain about Kuu's covers because they aren't usually close-up shot. We can see she is not closing her mouth in almost every cover, but it's not always trying to sell sex.

I kinda like the covers, she looks good. It could be worse with blue contacts and stuff, like her A BEST SUMMER cover.

The only thing I'm missing is the colors, really. I know it's a obvious thing have a colorful cover during the summer, but the style is quite depressing for a summer release.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:08 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
Bigger covers:

Spoiler:

From ayu@facebook
I thought that the blu-ray was a bit bad but I changed my mind after seeing these bigger sized pics. She's stunning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
It's the "I blow you whenever you want" mouth. If she would have closed her mouth everything would be fine. Because of her mouth the whole image is hyper sexualized in a way that tells people between the lines that women are objects that are always available for men and their pleasure. In mostly every add out there women have their mouth open like that and sadly for a reason. And it doesn't change anything that she's looking the viewer straight in the eyes. That she has them half closed and her out of bed hair ad to the image of the always sexual available woman what in the end is submissive.
If she had her mouth closed this image would have a totally different touch to it and it would be a raw, honest and somehow desperate while being self-confident image of Ayu. I would have loved that.
By the way is that what the LOVEppears cover is for me. This image would also be totally different in its effect if she would have her mouth open.
Well, you're the one who is saying that she's an object. We're not in the 50's anymore. Ayu is a 36 year old woman with experience and not a little mistreated girl who is doing that for the sake of earning money to live anymore. We're in a era where women aren't object anymore but are free to express what they want, even sex. If she want to charm someone with those covers she's the one who is using the others like an object actually to satisfy her own desire. She's the one who want to be sexy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
*ayu sneezes*
DID YOU SEE THAT HOW UNRESPECTFUL WAS THAT SHE DOES NOT CARE ANYMORE I WANT THE OLD AYU BACK

Seriously guys can we STOP criticising EVERYTHING she does? I am a feminist too and I respect everyone's opinion but maybe she just enjoys sex and blowjobs lol? Women CAN be sexual. It is not always men objectifying us.
agree with that.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:08 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

The HQ covers are even betterrrr
Número tends to have pretty cool shoots

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th July 2015, 02:12 PM
End of the World Initiate

I expected something more for the summer but well they are good, the cd only is the more strange cover, I like the CD+DVD and CD+Bluray more. But there are good covers in general, maybe a little better that A ONE covers
Old 9th July 2015, 02:15 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

I think the covers look better in HQ (they always do. i should know better by now). They're growing on me.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:19 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Beautiful covers, very 90s indeed.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:23 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
^ People don't usually complain about Kuu's covers because they aren't usually close-up shot. We can see she is not closing her mouth in almost every cover, but it's not always trying to sell sex.
I completely disagree. I think people are just use to Kuu's lips where as because ayu does it so less often it stands out. And whether close up, far away, selling sex or innocence, I fail to see how one could not have any issue with that and have a major problem with this; other than she's stealing someone's default face, idk lol.

Last edited by jbrat2219; 9th July 2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 02:24 PM
independent Initiate

Those lips are way too sexy Ayu, what are you doing to us.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 9th July 2015, 02:34 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

She looks young...I think she going on the more natural look to attract younger crowd (maybe)...It's ok for me..not bad..not amazing either

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 9th July 2015, 02:39 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Also I totally got Chiaki Kuriyama vibes when I first saw these.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 9th July 2015, 02:54 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

These covers surely give me the 90-s vibe and I like this... well... nostalgia maybe? Anyway the covers look more like fierce and rockish then sexually oriented to me.

Spoiler:
BTW, I caught myself thinking that I have no expectations at all since a long time ago. In a good way. That means, look, I'm following ayu for almost 10 years already (1/3 of my life, holy sh*t...) and she's been creating since 1998 (1995) - to the present day I have EVERYTHING...

I have ayu-rock, ayu-pop and ayu-edm. I have beautiful music, brilliant lyrics and awesome concepts. I have songs just-for-fun, songs that blow my head off and songs that I personally strongly and deeply relate to.

I have ayumi hamasaki as a part of my life and I just simply anticipate EVERYTHING she does. I may like smth or like it not, but how dare I to make expectations from her?
Old 9th July 2015, 02:58 PM
Initiate

@jbrat2219: Maybe because Kuu's lips are smaller and real? I don't know.
I think Kuu looks weird when she's with her mouth close, she doesn't even look like herself, and I think even she feels that way, since she poses with her mouth almost all the time.

This is a good example:
http://goo.gl/JkqVV2 x http://goo.gl/NDxxuB

Anyway, this is an Ayu topic. haha
Old 9th July 2015, 03:14 PM
ourselves Initiate

Simple and freshhhhhh
Old 9th July 2015, 03:17 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalikagai View Post
These covers surely give me the 90-s vibe and I like this... well... nostalgia maybe? Anyway the covers look more like fierce and rockish then sexually oriented to me.

Spoiler:
BTW, I caught myself thinking that I have no expectations at all since a long time ago. In a good way. That means, look, I'm following ayu for almost 10 years already (1/3 of my life, holy sh*t...) and she's been creating since 1998 (1995) - to the present day I have EVERYTHING...

I have ayu-rock, ayu-pop and ayu-edm. I have beautiful music, brilliant lyrics and awesome concepts. I have songs just-for-fun, songs that blow my head off and songs that I personally strongly and deeply relate to.

I have ayumi hamasaki as a part of my life and I just simply anticipate EVERYTHING she does. I may like smth or like it not, but how dare I to make expectations from her?
I loved your message in the spoiler, my feelings exactly about Ayu's career, and the reason why I'm not bothered when she releases things like Step by Step which I don't care about. She has been my favourite singer for almost 10 years too, and weirdly enough some of the songs I hate the most in the world are from her, that's how diverse her discography is!
Old 9th July 2015, 03:19 PM
Lelio Protector

Well kuu didn't invent duck lips, it's all over Japan/the world (and not because of kuu), just because some of us happen to know kuu it doesn't mean ayu uses her style. She uses a style that kuu uses a lot but didn't invent.

Duck lips are a lot of models artists male/female default face.

Anyway, she looks more like Namie in Let Go PV if anything. Just more ayu.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, sixxxxxx