Ayu Schedule #13 [2009-2013] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc. - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2013, 12:38 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I did hear some "Ayuuuu!" before she started performing if that means anything to anyone that thought it sounded 'dead'.
Old 1st January 2013, 12:46 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I find strange people arguing about "dead audience", Kouhaku is all about that. But this year I was impressed, because the applause after the performance was really loud, I think it's one of her best public receptivity there in a long time.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 1st January 2013, 01:12 AM
Initiate

I thought her vocals got much better after Dearest, although that wasn't so bad either. The audience didn't seem too dead, during SURREAL they were moving their arms and the applause was loud.
Old 1st January 2013, 03:48 AM
until that Day… Initiate

i watched the HQ version again, wow i love it a lot.
the audience looked lively, waving their light sticks energetically.
Old 1st January 2013, 03:55 AM
from your letter Initiate

I wish the medley had been longer, but I was pleasantly surprised by how she actually sang SURREAL quite nicely in this performance.
Old 1st January 2013, 07:24 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I really loved her outfits lol. I kept looking at the birds on the cage, and then I realized they were in her hair too baha. And Nakashima Mika had a bird on her head too

Dearest was a bit off, but I enjoyed it anyway. evolution and SURREAL were pretty standard. I liked the denim outfit, it's like an updated denim outfit from 2001. Even with a bunch of fox tails haha.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 1st January 2013, 07:30 AM
GREEN Initiate

the audience loved her.
You could hear the Ooowwws.... when she changed into the 3rd outfit.
the applause afterward.
The Queen isn't dead.
Old 1st January 2013, 08:17 AM
No way to say Initiate

my friend from USA went there yesterday so it's not so impossible to get there, though oh well, she was invited by japanese friend http://www.facebook.com/katielovesporkbuns

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 1st January 2013, 09:11 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

it's weird that a lot of peoples compalining about Kouhaku performance

yes...the very first part of Dearest is kinda...EH? but the second chorus she handle it very well...and then move to Evolution, not her best, but still OK...but i think she did amazing job on singing Surreal...one of her best. She fulls of energy...and she really excited in the end of the performance...

I think it's a really good performance

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 1st January 2013, 10:35 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I heard a lot of people don't go to Kouhaku to see Ayu (or any other act performing any countdown concert) because you can't leave until the entire thing is over; you're required to stay. (Otherwise I suppose people would be leaving after their favorite act performed, like a-nation.)

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 1st January 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 1st January 2013, 11:34 AM
Because of You Initiate

wached the HQ rip...well i am still thinking her Dearest wasn't smooth, and it sounded very forsed, like almost shouting instead of singing, and it's such a soft song, that her voice seemed a bit too harsh. She didn't sound amazing for my ears that's for sure, but she wasn't horrible either. It just wasn't amazing. It was so-so. I enjoyed evolution/SURREAL more than Dearest.

And audience wasn't really dead, they were just sitting but you could clearly see people waving and clapping together with the dancers and some were waving lightsticks. So if she still manages to get some sort of reaction out of people in the hall where 99% are not even her fans, i think it's good actually more than good after all these years she's been around!
Old 1st January 2013, 12:03 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
the audience loved her.
You could hear the Ooowwws.... when she changed into the 3rd outfit.
the applause afterward.
The Queen isn't dead.

Im satisfied with the audience reaction,what do you expect this is Kohaku the audience always looked passive and bored lol

but this time they were enjoying Ayu's performance ,can see some of them were waving and shouting her name,at the end they applauded for her!
Old 1st January 2013, 12:36 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelbox View Post

So, I've had a big problem with her current vocals for some time.. This definitely doesn't help it. If she has gotten techinacally better why does it sound like she's struglling then?
This! Maybe because, even though she learnt technique, she doesn't master it at all! I also suggest to change her coach ... because I've never heard someone struggling so hard after learning something!

But yeah for a lot of people bad vocals is equal to the time where she had her low voice, without much struggle, and good when she screech ears and struggle and spend her time to yell and scream.

This performance was fine, better than the things we got end of the year, though, it wasn't hard to do it. She was full of energy and looked quite happy. Overall it was pleasant to watch and listen, beginning of Dearest was the weakest part for sure but I personally think it was still quite acceptable.
And one of her main problem is the lack of Tv performance, and when you begin like this a song ahead people, your voice kinda trick you, she is not used to this anymore. But it's obvious there is a huge step between song 4 u and this performance. If only she would do more Tv, she would gain back confidence!

But what are you waiting from the Kouhaku audience ? They won't stand up, dance, shout or waves like crazy ... they basically listen ( or no), claps their hands and next please.... they did this every past years, and it will be like that this year as well. I waited nothing from them, plus it's not like I care much, I didn't watch for the audience reaction
Old 1st January 2013, 01:15 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Make me sad all the things about her voice ... Don't understand what happened to her ? She takes lessons but she doesn't looks self confident and so stressed :/
I don't find this performance was bad but we can see it's far to be her best prestation even when her vocal technique was bad she did not struggle like that ?

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 1st January 2013, 01:25 PM
Because of You Initiate

um if the performance was live then maybe she didn't put much effort because she had a concert comming up and didn't want to wear herself out before it even started? Maybe that's why it didn't sound too good? i mean her Together when... sounded amazingly beautiful, so....
Old 1st January 2013, 01:31 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^
Yes that's why it's so strange ! People who are not fan will thought she can't sing although she can ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 1st January 2013, 01:40 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsharumun View Post
Her visuals were pretty awesome, especially for Dearest, but she still sounds like she is struggling to sing. Not as bad as I was fearing, though, so I am glad for that much.
Yeah i agree.
I m beginning to think the reason she doesn't want to sing live as she use to is because of her voice. They can always fix her voice on her tours. But when she is preforming live we can see how damage her real voice is. Even Japanese fans are complaining about her voice now not only oversea fans. But Ayu is really trying so ill support her.
Old 1st January 2013, 02:02 PM
No way to say Initiate

Dunno if it was posted but too many feels
Old 1st January 2013, 02:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

^lol so that's where all of her supporters are xD seems like it's mostly guys xD
Maybe she didn't get much of a reaction inside, but she surelly got it outside! THAT'S PRETTY AWESOME!

Last edited by BlackSilence; 1st January 2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 1st January 2013, 02:24 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Such an amazing energy out there! Makes me wanna be part of this crowd! Wanna add that she sounds really good here, even better than in actual tv broadcast ^^ She made great opening of kouhaku.

Last edited by maxikot; 1st January 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayu schedule, ayumi hamasaki