Ayu: Anything Goes [XXIX] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th October 2020, 08:40 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
I was rewatching the videos of her and the dancers commenting the concerts and it is so clear that all her dancers have so much respect for her - and vice versa. In one of the videos Midori comments that she finds fascinating that after Ayu introduces the dancers/band during the concert and she always says "Vocal: Ayu". She mentions that adding the "vocal" before her own name makes her in the same level as everyone else, that everyone has the same importance in the stage. And I think that explains a lot on why she keeps such a huge team of dancers, she really respect them and have them as a support. I don't think she will ever get rid of them...
Okay, so I was today years old when I learned that she was saying "vocal". I thought she was saying "boku ru" (which she technically is), as in the past tense version of herself. "I was Ayu". I'm sure I'm the only one who ever heard it that way.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 12th October 2020, 01:45 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedronekoi View Post
I was rewatching the videos of her and the dancers commenting the concerts and it is so clear that all her dancers have so much respect for her - and vice versa. In one of the videos Midori comments that she finds fascinating that after Ayu introduces the dancers/band during the concert and she always says "Vocal: Ayu". She mentions that adding the "vocal" before her own name makes her in the same level as everyone else, that everyone has the same importance in the stage. And I think that explains a lot on why she keeps such a huge team of dancers, she really respect them and have them as a support. I don't think she will ever get rid of them...
Exactly. Ayu loves and respects and appreciates them, she insists on promoting them. I remember Timmy doing music for Miccie too, and they had a small concert together. Ayu is all about helping her team in their careers as well, making sure they are taken care of.

A lot of people don't like the results. Sometimes I don't either, although I do think "theatrical" and "big statement" songs and sets suit Ayu well when they're done right. BUT even when something doesn't come out well, I love and respect Ayu for showing such care for people that the entertainment industry usually treats like garbage. She always makes sure to help with with both appreciation and employment.

In the entertainment industry, that is a vanishingly rare show of both compassion and character.

Last edited by MKAyu; 12th October 2020 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12th October 2020, 08:31 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It is very honorable and Japanese of her. I have so much respect of her for that.
Old 12th October 2020, 01:28 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I think the Troupe is pretty much the perfect size as it is. It's a good mix of gender, no one dancer gets the total spotlight, the energy is consistent and they have good stage personalities.

I do want to see Yocchan back one of these days, even just for some stripped down concerts or a special occasion....

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 12th October 2020, 04:03 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
I think the Troupe is pretty much the perfect size as it is. It's a good mix of gender, no one dancer gets the total spotlight, the energy is consistent and they have good stage personalities.

I do want to see Yocchan back one of these days, even just for some stripped down concerts or a special occasion....
Totally agree.

I think her bond with Ichiza is really strong, even if they go separate paths. When on stage, she leans on them and you can see that in all her concerts. I love seeing that, it show how amazing Ayu is and how she draws people towards her. Dancers and performers always give it their best because it's for her and that alone makes me enjoy it when she is surrounded by people on stage.

And here's to hoping to an acoustic concert soon
Old 12th October 2020, 07:16 PM
TO BE Initiate

I'm so bummed about Timmy. I always liked him and never truly understood the hate he would receive here which appeared as an issue beyond just "I don't like his songs".

I also felt a bit as though he was kind of a bridge between Ayu and her english-speaking/non-japanese fans — for example, iirc he has passed fanmade videos/gifts (similar to the recent birthday project) over to Ayu? I really loved that little connection... and now that's gone.

I truly wish him the best!
Old 12th October 2020, 08:43 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Tim did a facebook live today and was looking his usual self. If anyone asked him about Ayu or what happened, he didn't respond to it. I'm watching my Promised Land DVD tonight and feeling quite sad and nostalgic about his performance. I also never understood the hate he got from people just because of his costumes or his presence.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 13th October 2020, 12:46 AM

^if he did not respond to any questions, then really something must have happened. Otherwise he could have just said that he simply wanted to do other projects and this is why he moved on. I hope he is alright.
Did he say anything about what he will be up to in the future, though?
Old 13th October 2020, 01:03 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I hope among people who made such questions wasn't anybody from TA since ayu asked very clearly to give him space about it. I think it takes only a bit of sensibility and common sense to know there are things you shouldn't ask at particular moments even if your curiosity is eating you inside out.
I'm also eager to see his future projects
Old 13th October 2020, 11:30 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I don´t know for the japanese writing ppl, but I only saw one question (in english) that asked about Ayu.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 13th October 2020, 08:29 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Maybe he just had to get out of japan because of some weird reason connected to COVID. Or not so weird and he had family issues at home. Or is he still in Japan?

As I said, I actually thought his songs for her were quite fresh - it was probably the circumstances around the PQ album and the dividing forces behind that that may caused some (western) fans to dislike him.
I for myself don't enjoy DragQueen performances nor RuPauls DRace and so on. I respect the art for (and I found some things quite entertaining) but the hype around it made me lose interest. That said, I don't think is own performance in her shows always suited each show but its her decision. Its not like it made me not want to watch it.
Old 13th October 2020, 09:30 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
Maybe he just had to get out of japan because of some weird reason connected to COVID. Or not so weird and he had family issues at home. Or is he still in Japan?
he is still in Japan

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 13th October 2020, 11:34 PM
ayu trance Initiate

He did a post on his Facebook about how Kobayashi Shingo was so important for him. That back in 2011 he didn't had any professional work related to music and that Shingo have supported him to audition to become a chorus singer (for Ayu). And that he took the opportunity that was in front of him and then got the job.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 14th October 2020, 08:07 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
Okay, so I was today years old when I learned that she was saying "vocal". I thought she was saying "boku ru" (which she technically is), as in the past tense version of herself. "I was Ayu". I'm sure I'm the only one who ever heard it that way.
lol same! i have always heard it as "boku ru ayu deshita" or something i don't know any japanese so I always thought she was like "i'm ayu "
Old 15th October 2020, 11:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I loved Timmy songs, voice and stage presence, I'll surely miss him. It was also such a powerful political statement for ayu to have her by his side wearing those daring outfits. If I had to guess, I'd say he got sick of the hate he got and decided to leave and try something better for his mental health. I wouldn't say he had a bad time with ayu, but maaaaybe someone in the crew? I'll look forward to whatever he does from now on, and please ayu don't toss his songs aside from your concerts

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Last edited by Gustavopc; 15th October 2020 at 11:06 PM.
Old 16th October 2020, 02:10 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Timmy unfollowed me on Twitter so to him.

In all seriousness though, I do wish him the best and I'll miss him. I was watching Power of A^3 the other day and thinking how large his contributions have been.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 16th October 2020, 11:18 PM
Far away Initiate

I've been watching a lot of this type of videos lately. Really cool stuff, how do they do it? Wish someone could make one for Ayu.

Old 17th October 2020, 10:13 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

They have done it for Ayu, look for the female artist one.

Last edited by truehappiness; 17th October 2020 at 10:44 PM.
Old 20th October 2020, 03:25 AM
still alone Initiate

I thought Timmy and Ayu were inseparable so to me hearing that he is leaving is hard to believe but, I guess it's true. I doubt he left on bad terms. He seems to just not want to discuss his personal reasons.
I am not celebrating his departure but I can't say I will miss him on stage. I do still appreciate his work with Ayu making music together though.
Old 20th October 2020, 08:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, I thought they were gonna be together for a WHIIIILE... but I guess something came up!
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes