New song:『Pray for you』 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th January 2021, 06:28 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Just because you don't like a release, doesn't mean it's objectively bad or that ayu didn't put any effort into it
obviously nobody is saying that it's ~objectively~ bad... this is a fan forum and obviously everything expressed is an opinion. fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....

i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.

she can write great ballads - A ONE was full of them. ONK/PFY (of course im only judging based on the instrumental) are not, IN MY OPINION, great ballads. the only new release of hers ive liked of late was dreamed a dream (and what a great song that was)
Old 26th January 2021, 06:39 AM
Who... Initiate

^You are right, being a fan doesn't mean you have to like everything, that's normal and the way you expressed your personal opinion was good, you don't liked those songs because for you they sound generic, that's perfect but it's completely different to stating she doesn't put any effort anymore or demanding explanations about releasing or not music and about her personal life, it's a huge difference actually I know maybe it wasn't their intention and sometimes words can cause missunderstandings but there are definetely better ways to express one's discontent.

Last edited by Evan Odinson; 26th January 2021 at 06:28 PM.
Old 26th January 2021, 10:57 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
fans are allowed to not like everything their idols make jfc....
I never said you're not allowed to dislike some songs ayu releases. However, there's a difference between saying you don't like a song and acting like just because you dislike it ayu has to make an official statement about her "losing passion" and "declining music quality", as well as demanding that she stops making such songs.

Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do words their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.
Old 26th January 2021, 05:47 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
i absolutely hated ohia no ki and pray for you. you can have a generic melody with an interesting arrangement or interesting hooks with a more generic arrangement. you can't have both.
Ohia no ki was made for her son. She sang it as a mother for her child. It was like a lullaby.
Old 26th January 2021, 06:20 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Disliking something isn't a problem, it's the way one words their dislike. And some users here do words their opinions in an overly harsh/rude way.
I agree with you. It's not nice to feel dogmatism sometimes. All would be nice if people remembered to say "In my opinion".
About the song, I hope we get to hear it soon. I really like the voice she served in Ohia and am looking forward to hearing Pray for you with her singing
Old 26th January 2021, 08:06 PM
YOU Initiate

As a counterpoint, I think fans have every right to at least share some level of disappointment with their fave's works, and I don't think they are necessarily coming from a bad place either. Most of them "complain" because they love the artist and want nothing but the best for them. Obviously not all suggestions from fans are valid/feasible, but they mean well - and they are definitely NOT "tossing" her away.

I think if you are an artist, you are expected to receive constructive criticism (Born This Way cover art meltdown anyone?) from fans, and I don't think it's right to denounce it altogether.
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM
And Then Initiate

Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabieru View Post
Seriously I can't believe the woman just worked her ass off trying to do 2 concerts in the middle of a pandemic with plans of debuting a new song in it, being pregnant and some people have the nerve to say she is like done with music. Sometimes I just can't with this forum

Agreed!!!!! Thank you!!! Not to mention she has a baby. That's a ton of work for anyone.

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old Yesterday, 07:33 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Well that comment went on a trip of semantics. 7 billion people 7 billion ways of understanding.
Old Today, 01:58 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Yeah, I specifically said she’s not into releasing new music at the same pace as before, not that she’s due for retirement. Lol

art thread

Tags
cdl 20-21, music for life, pray for you