Rock'n'Roll Circus - album information and covers [IX] - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th March 2010, 12:29 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakrits View Post
Found the preview of Sexy little things on Youtube. Though it seems to be missing the sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bF50V9f92Q
From the facial expressions of the guests in the show, they don't seem to like it?

And the crow-like costume is too weird for me (IMO it's hideous), but I'm still looking forward to watching the pv

Folie à Deux

Last edited by Jwiz; 24th March 2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:30 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
From the facial expressions of the guests in the show, they don't seem so like it?
The people viewing these videos are ALWAYS like this, haha.
Old 24th March 2010, 12:45 PM
End of the World Initiate

Her vocals sound really really good this time, very polished!! And I love the songs... they will sound even better when we have the actual songs!!!

Actually, I dont know why, but Sexy little things reminds me of In the Corner in terms of some of the melodies! I am also starting to understand why she called the song that name, I think she is making fun of people who think women are sexy little things only.
Old 24th March 2010, 01:02 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

her vocals do sound great, and she's not abusing her vibrato. i can't wait to hear the rest of the album. count down blows my mind, it's probably one of the best ayu tracks i've heard in a long while. when you think she's done everything that she could possibly do in her long-term career, she goes and surprises us with something new and brilliantly executed.

Last edited by joshohhhhh; 24th March 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 24th March 2010, 01:04 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
omg, count down is a full song! I'm really liking it. The vibe reminds me of a (miss)understood/It was or Memorial Address type song, but executed in a completly different way. The jarring guitars in the chorus add such a nice touch. Do I hear DJ scratching in the song? Something I thought I'd never hear from her.

Sexy little things is nothing like I expected! I don't even know how to describe it. Its just.. different. And so good. It still has an electro vibe like I thought it would, but its not a dance song at all. Just a lot of fun. Like the "energize" or "honey" of the album. But once again, so totally different from anything else she's done. I can't imagine a PV to this song! Its going to be really interesting, really theatrical I think.

Lady Dynamite, like the PV hints, is electropop sounding with some nice guitar riffage. But it has this pop gleam over it that NEXT LEVEL's electro songs didn't have. I can't judge much else because I think this is the worst rip of the three.

--------
I'm so totally surprised at how different her sound is from these three songs. This is a complete 180 on what I thought this album would sound like. I have no idea what to expect anymore, but I can't wait to find out.

Won't listen to the samples anymore, once is enough, otherwise you ruin the songs with horrible bad quality-ness.
I think you said pretty much everything that I think after listening to the rips now too. They are really really diffrent indeed.

Love the verse for count down but the chours feels pretty so-so for me. (After one listen, it will probably grow on me).

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.

Last edited by MissElin_; 24th March 2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 24th March 2010, 01:06 PM
neverending dream Initiate

count down is... AMAZING.
Lady Dynamite is... AMAZING.
Sexy little things is... AMAZING.

Old 24th March 2010, 01:10 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Any microphone lyrics BTW ? Is she saying "I won't tell you why" at the end of the intro ?
Old 24th March 2010, 01:12 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
so i love SLT.

but for some reason...i can't get this image/tune out of my head when i listen to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrsCUyPaCdg

if anyone knows this movie, you're amazing
OMG YES! I love this movie! I watched it 1000+ times as a kid. I still have the VHS, I can see it from where I sit, lol.

I haven't listened to the chaku-uta of slt yet. Shall I..?

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 24th March 2010, 01:22 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Slt is weird - but weird in a good way. Sounds like she's been experimenting just a teeny bit too much though. I love the 8/16-bit sounds <3 Makes me wanna pull out the god ol' Super Mario Bros 3. Haha

EDIT: I'm sorry I double posted. I thought someone else would've posted in the meantime.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 24th March 2010, 01:32 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^its ok about the double posting.

And i still play mario bros 3. I still have all my old consoles. Lately, I've been playing Zelda Ocarina of Time. Still, my favorite one of the Zelda series.
Old 24th March 2010, 01:33 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I love all the three chaku-uta previews! I can't even choose a favorite. I can't wait for the HQ now.<3

ayu tumblr last.fm personal tumblr

Old 24th March 2010, 02:12 PM
count down Initiate

So I'm hoping that the songs would be good... seems like most of us like it lol. I'm not downloading any of the chaku-utas though... resist!

But I pray Sexy little things isn't like EnergizE... I mean it was an okay song but I only listen to it if I'm in the mood, and I don't wanna be in a certain mood to listen to Sexy little things.

Btw you guys who wrote Slt... lol add a "u" and you get..

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 24th March 2010, 02:16 PM
And Then Initiate

I didn't want to hear the chaku-uta previews but...I failed XD But I only listen until the first chorus, a little preview like the others xDDDD
Old 24th March 2010, 02:16 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
Actually, I dont know why, but Sexy little things reminds me of In the Corner in terms of some of the melodies! I am also starting to understand why she called the song that name, I think she is making fun of people who think women are sexy little things only.
Interesting.. I like that. I'm loving all of the LQ songs right now. SLT is nothing like I imagined but it's amazing. I can see why it was said to be "swing". It's like 8-bit-elektro-swing That's probably going to be one of my faves on the album. Oh and I loved the guitar smashing part of the video (and the looks on the guests' faces at that point )

I can barely hear anything from Lady Dynamite's bg music, but I love the guitar solo after the first chorus and the melody is very catchy too.

Same thing with countdown, I can't hear it well. But I get a great vibe from what I can hear.

Rock 'n' Roll Circus is going to be so amazing.

BRILLIANCE

Old 24th March 2010, 02:17 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I dont know why people here didn't like Energize. It was catchy!
Old 24th March 2010, 02:26 PM
Two of us Initiate

With Lady Danymite i'm really missing the dynamite part, it's an okay song, but not really whar i expected with a title like that and PV pictures. Maybe if i hear an HQ version of it and actually see the PV that she can still wow me with it, but after hearing Sexy Little Things that seems impossible, that song totally blew me away, Also not what i expected at all, but in a good way. i can't remember Ayu ever doing anything remotley jazz related, i love it, but then i also really love jazz/swing/bigband music and electropop ^^ JazzyElectropoppin'

Countdown has a really strong sound/style that would sound awesome when played live ... i soooo can't wait anymore, i wanna hear the album NOW

Got Twitter ? Click!

Last edited by Nandokanji; 24th March 2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 24th March 2010, 02:26 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
So I'm hoping that the songs would be good... seems like most of us like it lol. I'm not downloading any of the chaku-utas though... resist!

But I pray Sexy little things isn't like EnergizE... I mean it was an okay song but I only listen to it if I'm in the mood, and I don't wanna be in a certain mood to listen to Sexy little things.
I wouldn't say it's like EnergizE. I mean, it's got the same game 8/16-bit/elektro thing going on like I said, but it seems much more "easy on ears" and groovy.. Not as repetitive and "hitting you on the head with a block of wood!" like EnergizE can sometimes be [though I still love it<3] It's completely a song of it's own. Well, you'll find out once you get your copy.

BRILLIANCE

Old 24th March 2010, 02:30 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierofSilence View Post
I dont know why people here didn't like Energize. It was catchy!
Seriously! Lol I loved it as soon as I heard it, and it came to be even bigger when I saw her perfom it at AT09! XD

Anyway~ I haven't listened to the previews and I'm not going to. I'd rather wait for better quality at this point... I've listened to Microphone several times the other night when it was leaked and I think it's great, but it'll probably have a bigger impact on me when I listen to it with the rest of the album...
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 24th March 2010, 02:32 PM
As if.. Initiate

Now that truehappiness posted those outfits from Sexy little things PV here's the leather? jacket ayu is wearing on the album covers, from Moschino:

pic from style.com

♥♥ | last.fm | ♪♫
Old 24th March 2010, 02:35 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^Ayu wears it much better!! This woman looks like her face is rotting or something IMO.
Closed Thread

Tags
ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, new album, rock'n'roll circus