New album 'Colours' out July 2nd [II] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 20th June 2014, 01:20 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
old ayu ?
But, I think Love again was an album with the old classic ayu touch
Yeah... I think you can see in this point of view. Probably this was the reason that I found it just plain boring hahaha
Old 20th June 2014, 01:51 AM
SURREAL Initiate

ayu has always done a wide variety of genres and sounds. so many people are complaining because they find her current work is awful. "old ayu" means quality product. not that hard to comprehend
Old 20th June 2014, 02:46 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goto View Post
ayu has always done a wide variety of genres and sounds. so many people are complaining because they find her current work is awful. "old ayu" means quality product. not that hard to comprehend
Exactly. Moreso, Avex has proven their ability to create iconic electro-pop with Ayu in the past. "WHATEVER" and "Sparkle" are the epitome of reasonable electro music and fortunately, they are part of Ayu's discography.

I don't know for how many hundreds of hours I've been listening to "WHATEVER" and its Ferry Corsten remixes but everytime I get back to those gems, especially when I've been playing a lot of newer music of hers for some time, I immediately get this "Oh yes, that's totally it" feeling.

Same goes for the "Connected", "M" and "Depend on you" German remix singles and most of what DJ Amaya released (a lot of his remixes could have easily made it on official releases under Avex Trax).

It's hard to come up with electro pop studio albums and satisfy listeners that have been around for years when there are already plenty of electronic gems on the remix side of Ayu's discography. Why produce entire studio albums in electro-pop manner, when Ayu has a wide range of remix brands (ayu-mi-x, ayu-ro, ayu trance)?

For instance, Armin could have produced an 'Original mix' ayu trance 5 together with Ayu. That would have been a novelty, too, because to this day, those albums solely existed for remixing songs that already existed. "Terminal" made me wish for that even more D:

Spoiler:
ayu trance 5 produced by Armin van Buuren, two disc release, side one (11 new tracks), side 2 (12 remixed tracks from previously released studio albums). Something like that. Ugh
Old 20th June 2014, 02:51 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

I've been having 2 thoughts about her for years.
1. Ayu-chan, you can do much much better! How come you even think these crap are good enough!?
2. Well, you can do whatever you want, its your life even if these are such a mess, you happy then I'm happy for you.

Everytime she appears in public, I was shocked with 1, then 2 comes right after. I start having hope again "must be good next time!" then 1 again..I'm kinda tired

btw, I really wanna watch PV making movies. Wanna know how she involved those PVs. Did she make orders to director like "hey just leave my rope on screen so that fans can see how I fly in the air"
Old 20th June 2014, 02:56 AM
Initiate

Holy cow that entire AYU X AVB album sounds like the way to go! Genius!

#lets-twitter-it-so-it-may-happen !
Old 20th June 2014, 03:16 AM
End roll Initiate

Some of you fans act like such entitled children. NONE of you know her personally, who are you to say that this music "doesn't stay true to her"? For all we know, these songs could all be exactly who she is at this moment in life. People don't stay the same. Life is fluid and things change.

And don't you dare throw that "she can change and still bring quality music" excuse at me. Colours has generally the most positive reception I've seen for an Ayu release since Love Songs, especially outside of AHS. Quality will ALWAYS be subjective, so saying that in no way backs up your facetious arguments.
Old 20th June 2014, 03:19 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
Some of you fans act like such entitled children. NONE of you know her personally, who are you to say that this music "doesn't stay true to her"? For all we know, these songs could all be exactly who she is at this moment in life. People don't stay the same. Life is fluid and things change.

And don't you dare throw that "she can change and still bring quality music" excuse at me. Colours has generally the most positive reception I've seen for an Ayu release since Love Songs, especially outside of AHS. Quality will ALWAYS be subjective, so saying that in no way backs up your facetious arguments.
Old 20th June 2014, 03:54 AM
End roll Initiate

Sigh at peoples hate for LOVE again. It's so full of Ayu goodness. It's weird, I remember the response to most the songs being fairly positive when they were released, but when the actual album came out (with the title) people changed they tune...fickle fickle fickle.

also great post Akutenshi! The whining self entitled opinions of so much of the Ayu fandom are so tiresome.
Old 20th June 2014, 04:59 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
True. She did say during Feel the love/merry-go-round release that EDM is the style of music she has been listening the most lately, that's why she decided to try it.

Old 20th June 2014, 05:30 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

NOW & 4EVA or however it's spelled actually reminds me a lot of the old ayu sound, and it's the main reason why I like it.

I feel like this album blends a lot of the different sounds ayu has given us over the years.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 20th June 2014, 06:46 AM
Banned

Ayu wanted to simply focus on dance music and caved in with Pray doing so well and did some similar tracks.. the PV's may be shit, but of course she'll have a new HEAVEN and so on, as Pray is nice but she didn't waste her time and money on promoting a song everyone has heard before.

The videos have been cheap but she IS creative director so she's become in control of her career.. she may be happy but of course it doesn't meet her old material to some.

Look at Gaga since Born This Way.. her videos are all 20 minutes long and quite annoying really as she took control. It's for not what sells, but what the artist is happy with.

If Ayu wanted hard to promote the album, she WOULD HAVE months before on TV and with better music videos.. this is how she wants it lol
Old 20th June 2014, 09:34 AM
count down Initiate

omg the meltdown is too hilarious

seriously I was laughing really hard at all the PVs. she looks like a monkey in Lelio wearing the white hoodie.. also the dancing was bad, plus all the effects looks like a bad early 90s MV.

XOXO was too funny.. it's so bad I laughed like LOL. i don't care if it's a parody but she looks really stupid it's entertaining. i think it's a parody? everything seems freaking obviously exaggerated (weave, outfit etc) I dunno lol.

Angel... omg I fell on the floor when the angels "flew" down on her. like something is really bad with the visual direction of the video.. if they wanted it to be a single take I'd prefer it if she were in the center the whole time. and the effects were so cheesy, they actually had to blur the screen for a second to have her "wings" on? i'm fine with the rope,cos it kinda symbolizes how she isn't an angel/devil at all but I wish they had gone all the way. like maybe at the start she had a car accident and died, and her "spirit" is walking.. the ballerinas with inappropriate faces can come in i don't care. then at the end, angels come down to "judge" her and decides she is a devil but maybe she doesn't care and chooses to fly up with them..? I dunno , like go all the way man Ayu

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 20th June 2014, 10:04 AM
End roll Initiate

just the lighting in XOXO is so bad, I can't get over it

the dance break was so dimly lit, like filmed with a camcorder....

actually the whole the execution was so oddly below Ayu's budget and feel...the whole thing is bizarre tbh maybe she is giving projects to friends that don't care how their products turn out

xoxo could have been so CUTE!!! argh, the video was the perfect idea and Lelio with like a extra grand worth of effects would have been stellar

Angel is a lost cause....tbh

I think Leslie Kee cursed haaa!, cuz after FIVE everything has gone downhill so fast production wise, the album still slays!

Last edited by setsuka; 20th June 2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 20th June 2014, 10:16 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Is their anyone who is good with graphics who can use the textless pictures and use the same font as Ayu did but capitalize and place them in the correct spot?

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 20th June 2014, 10:49 AM
Lelio Protector

Is there anyone that thinks that ayu's dancing break in XOXO PV was actually great and hot except me? It's like, when did she learn to do this (and how is she able to)? =)
Old 20th June 2014, 11:16 AM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Is there anyone that thinks that ayu's dancing break in XOXO PV was actually great and hot except me? It's like, when did she learn to do this (and how is she able to)? =)
I thought she did pretty well in that part omg!
Old 20th June 2014, 12:24 PM
until that Day… Initiate

i also think her dance moves on XOXO is much better than in Lelio..
Old 20th June 2014, 02:12 PM
I am... Initiate

I think everything ayu says in printed media should be taken with a pinch of salt. Most of it is likely built around promoting and marketing her current projects and releases, however honest they might be.

Also I'm sceptical that ayu doesn't care about sales anymore. Money is her lifeblood. Everything about her is high maintenance. Her house, shopping, hair, dogs... I don't believe she (or avex for that matter) would invest in something if it isn't going to get the hoped for returns.

I agree with zeke that ayu and her team seem to be trying to reach out to a younger audience. Maybe this is their idea of being fresh and current. But it doesn't seem to be impressing anybody other than her super loyal fans who are 100% behind her whatever she does.

I still think her personal life is her personal life. Whatever is being shown to us is probably a calculated public image. I'm not saying it's not her, maybe she really is more comfortable portraying this image of herself to the public. But I think it's misguided if ayu thinks this will maintain or boost her career.

That being said, I haven't actually listened to any of the new songs other than FTL so I'm gonna buy the album and hope for the best. To be fair, ayu hasn't disappointed me in the music department yet.
Old 20th June 2014, 03:35 PM
still alone Initiate

When I listen to Now & 4eva I think to myself "this is the classic ayu"
Old 20th June 2014, 04:36 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I liked it a lot too!
Closed Thread

Tags
colours