[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Colours~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd July 2014, 12:35 PM
ćternal Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinu View Post
How the mighty have fallen.

And people looking at the bright side of life saying she outsold Tomochin... At least you're trying!
Probably it just happen that people rather actually look on the bright side than go all pessimist and bitter "cough" "cough".

And oh sweety, people are not even trying too. ROFL.

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 2nd July 2014, 12:39 PM
until that Day… Initiate

ranks no. 5..that's okay!
she has lots of competitors there..all the jhonny's groups..
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:44 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

For someone that supports/listens to Kisumai since their debut single , I'm frankly surprised at their 1st day sales because they basically outsold the total 1st week sales of the other Johnny's groups that have released albums the past 2 weeks within 1 day lol

And honestly , I was expecting Colours to debut at the bottom 1/2 of the top 10 given that this week there're a lot of tough competition . #5 on the 1st day is already not bad

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 2nd July 2014, 12:59 PM
Lelio Protector

Feel the love/Merry-go-round's first day was 17,922 and Colours is 2 position behind 33,000 which might mean that it sold around 28,000-30,000 on the first day which is pretty positive (for now) it's going to drop like a rock but hopefully not a lot, we can't know until the end of the week anyway.

It's surprising that it debuted and sold more than tomomi's album. I expected tomomi to be the #5 and ayu #6 today. lol Should we be happy for ayu or sad for Tomomi because it's her debut album? Well I love ayu more and Colours rocks...

Btw if Colours really sold 28,000 or a bit more today so it's great since LOVE again sold 28,016 on the first day. Drops are worse nowadays though and again, we have no way to know that it sold around the 29,000s and not like 20,000, but since Tomomi is close to her and she had singles selling 60,000+ I think it leans towards the 29,000s, hopefully.

This is all rough analyzing theories lol

It could even sell 15,000 today if things are really bad (and worse for Tomomi).

Last edited by ayumisrael; 2nd July 2014 at 01:05 PM.
Old 2nd July 2014, 01:04 PM
P.S II Initiate

Love Again sold 28k on its first day, so this might be similar.
I'll be happy if sales don't drop too much from Love Again to Colours (weekly 56k)

Is it possible we will know the sales of top 10 in a few days? I remember sometimes we had it like 2-3 days after oricon releases their top 3.

Old 2nd July 2014, 01:10 PM
Lelio Protector

I'm not sure, we might have to wait until the end of the week.
If Colours can get 50,000 on the first week then it already exceeds me expectations of 45,000-50,000 in total (yeah I thought that it will be like that), it still somehow might but if it will be better it could be awesome.
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:05 PM
Because of You Initiate

i think it's just good enough she'd be in Top ten concidering the acts she has to compete with lol
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:19 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Feel the love/Merry-go-round's first day was 17,922 and Colours is 2 position behind 33,000 which might mean that it sold around 28,000-30,000 on the first day which is pretty positive (for now) it's going to drop like a rock but hopefully not a lot, we can't know until the end of the week anyway.

It's surprising that it debuted and sold more than tomomi's album. I expected tomomi to be the #5 and ayu #6 today. lol Should we be happy for ayu or sad for Tomomi because it's her debut album? Well I love ayu more and Colours rocks...

Btw if Colours really sold 28,000 or a bit more today so it's great since LOVE again sold 28,016 on the first day. Drops are worse nowadays though and again, we have no way to know that it sold around the 29,000s and not like 20,000, but since Tomomi is close to her and she had singles selling 60,000+ I think it leans towards the 29,000s, hopefully.

This is all rough analyzing theories lol

It could even sell 15,000 today if things are really bad (and worse for Tomomi).
I agree with you =) The numbers might be awesome, PREMIUM SHOWCASE did its job promoting Colours and it's embarrasing to see a post-AKB48 solo singer at #6 with her debut album. Most people thought (including me) that Tomomi would sell out ayu.
Old 2nd July 2014, 02:21 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

1st Week

1st Day

Position: #5
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:24 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
1st Week

1st Day

Position: #5
I'm not surprised that Kisumai (Kis-My-Ft2) would take #1 and Ayu wouldn't even take the top three spots. UVERworld was #2, but I'm surprised about Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi taking #3, and Kazumasa Oda (really? he's older than Ayu!) #4...

But what I am really surprised more: Ayu outsold Tomochin (at least for the first day)! I mean, we thought Tomochin would be a threat to Ayu initially, but after what I saw, our minds were thinking:

@brener: I think KuuXAyu-fan already said that first.
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:38 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ @KuuxAyu-fan didn't post the sales using the standart way we've (me and @ayumisrael) been using since a long time, that's why I made another statement on sales.
Old 2nd July 2014, 04:54 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
I agree with you =) The numbers might be awesome, PREMIUM SHOWCASE did its job promoting Colours and it's embarrasing to see a post-AKB48 solo singer at #6 with her debut album. Most people thought (including me) that Tomomi would sell out ayu.
Sales for idols just don't work the same as for regular solo artists/bands. She's released 5 singles since January 2011. So whilst she was in AKB, it was more of a side project. Before she graduated last year (August/September), she stated she wanted to be a solo artist after she graduated, but since then, has only released one single in April and this album. I'm not sure how much this contributed to the sales, but there are only 4 new songs out of 15.

Singles typically do better than albums for idols. There are obviously exceptions, but it is less common. Her first single after AKB/last single she released sold 42,497. For comparison, the AKB sub-unit 'Not yet' released a single in September 2013, which sold 127,855, and their debut album released in April has sold 86,676. 'Not yet' has 4 members, 2 of which ranked #1 and #2 in the 2013 AKB General Election and were both members at the time of release (one only having graduated last month).

Sorry to go off topic, but I noticed a lot of people seemed to be expecting huge sales from Tomochin due to the AKB name, so thought I'd give some more insight

Awesome set made by SweetHoney from H!O
Old 2nd July 2014, 05:06 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

^ Thank you =)

Btw, I just remembered, don't CDJapan, HMV, mu-mo and all those online stores, send their numbers to Oricon only on the weekends? If so, Tomomi might have a higher rise on Sat-Sun I guess.
Old 2nd July 2014, 06:10 PM
independent Initiate

Quote:

And people looking at the bright side of life saying she outsold Tomochin... At least you're trying!
Although I see where you might be coming from and why you're saying that, but ayu isn't as relevant as she used to be. Expecting her to be in first or second place would be unrealistic with the competition. Her public image isn't as good as it used to be(not sure if it was really clean in her first few years), there have been scandals about her and her relationships and she got older. Her old audience that used to listen to her on their teens and 20s doesn't necessarily still listen to her, people grow up and taste changes. Ayu seems to have less fans nowadays and I think mostly fans will buy this album. Being #5 isn't bad. Apart from that she didn't promote it apart from the tour. How are possible casual listeners supposed to hear the songs when they aren't promoted in TV? (I know there are otherwise but not everyone listens to the radio for example)
I guess people expected high sales from Tomochin since she used to be in AKB, but you never know. (Someone said idol sales aren't that good so that might be the reason )
Old 2nd July 2014, 06:46 PM
Secret Initiate

Lol. #5.
Old 2nd July 2014, 07:08 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Bad: She's #5
Good: She beat AKB soloist!!

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 2nd July 2014, 07:55 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Oh wow, I was excpecting an AHS meltdown and pages and pages of people crying her career is over!

At least she's on the top 5, it's good.

Old 2nd July 2014, 08:09 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I hope now people recognize that it's NOT ayu's problem, it's NOT the songs fault, it's just the trend in Japan for solo artists that is OVER, they are all going downhill, including AKB soloists which are the most popular

I guess you don't know that lots of idols groups (Aside AKB) are having their best-selling releases this year

It's the idol group era now so don't blame ayu

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 2nd July 2014, 08:26 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

Here, here, let me help you!

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd July 2014, 08:44 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
^ @KuuxAyu-fan didn't post the sales using the standart way we've (me and @ayumisrael) been using since a long time, that's why I made another statement on sales.
Sorry about that, I haven't posted the daily positions in a while.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Closed Thread