Ayu - Anything Goes Thread -XIV- - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 25th December 2015, 09:44 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Wow this is rly a rip-off to sell something for that price that was free for FC members (and is on yahoo for 5$)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ayumi-Hamasa...kAAOSwPcVVucfG

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 26th December 2015, 09:37 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
After NEXT LEVEL I always felt that her music went way downhill but recently I've been
listening to her albums. I'm going back and forth listening to Secret and (m)u and I'm
appreciating her music more and more. I'm going to listen to her recent albums with an
open mind, she's one of the artists that I really cared about so I can't brush her music off
just like I have done in the past.
I get what you mean. I've been on and off with her music recently. But it does make me appreciate her older music even more now. For some reason, I've never fully listened to Colours. Idk, the singles from that, You & Me and Merry-go-round, just wasn't a good preview for me so I never bothered to check it out. Went straight to A ONE and I actually quite enjoy it.
Old 26th December 2015, 11:04 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
Wow this is rly a rip-off to sell something for that price that was free for FC members (and is on yahoo for 5$)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ayumi-Hamasa...kAAOSwPcVVucfG
omg that's really crazy... But I actually noticed that you can get a lot of items cheaper on YAJ than on eBay, even when you consider the middleman service fees and shipping.

I had a dream that I went to CDL and they sold a new table calendar there as a venue-limited promotion. Dammit I miss her calendars anyway, but now I'm really sad haha Even though it was kinda like the ABL pamphlet: there was not only Ayu, but also the dancers.

Last edited by rainbow_smile; 27th December 2015 at 11:21 AM.
Old 26th December 2015, 12:32 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Yeah I miss her calendars too ._.
Especially the Desk Versions with the little Ayupans.

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 26th December 2015, 01:43 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Maybe we should spam her on TA about the calendars? XD
Old 26th December 2015, 03:30 PM
ourselves Initiate

I always love watching Ayuready and her old performances like No Way To Say around this time of the year <3 missing her 2003 voice much!
Old 26th December 2015, 06:01 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I guess stopping the calendars was an avex deal cause Kuu stopped doing hers on the same year as ayu I do miss them

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 26th December 2015, 06:08 PM
Dolls Initiate

Tbh I don't care about those calendars. The 2010 ayu calendar has some awful tacky pics. If I remember correctly, calendars were shooted in the previous year and 2009 has so many plastic photoshoots of ayu. Thank God that period is over. Now she looks natural and beautiful all over again.
Old 27th December 2015, 09:05 PM
Paper Doll Protector

I just noticed that Kaleidoscope sounds like it could have been in My Neighbor Totoro.

I got My Story for Christmas, which was a very, very pleasant surprise. I am now discovering that I love this album way more than I realized.

Speaking of enjoying My Story, Winding Road is a really great song. It may have been one her only songs ever I just never gave a chance. Listening to it now after listening to the rest of the album, it's wonderful. It is so mellow but the drums are perfect. :O I just love the mood of it and the melody coming from the keyboard. It's not bursting with energy or even that exciting, but I tend to really enjoy those songs from her.

Last edited by DonkeyKongRemix; 27th December 2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 28th December 2015, 03:33 AM
Replace Initiate

I was never a fan of Ayu's calendars... I mean there are a handful of calendar photos that are REALLY great, but there are a few calendars that are just like "WHY DOES THIS EXIST!?!" the entire way through. =\ For the most part the shots are either really boring slice-of-life, poolside, living room, backyard type shots, or they're so over-photoshopped she doesn't even look like herself (I mean WTF is up with January/February 2005?!?!).
Old 29th December 2015, 12:19 AM
SCAR Initiate

So I just read over at aramajapan that ayu will or taking part in this year's kohaku. Anyone can confirm?
Old 29th December 2015, 12:42 AM
No way to say Initiate

I don't miss the calendars at all. The photos (particularly in recent years) were always so tacky and "surreal"/uncanny valley with the photoshopping/makeup.
Old 29th December 2015, 02:59 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
So I just read over at aramajapan that ayu will or taking part in this year's kohaku. Anyone can confirm?
Nah it's false. http://www.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artists/
Old 29th December 2015, 07:29 AM
SCAR Initiate

^ it did seem too strange. Too bad. Thanks!
Old 29th December 2015, 02:45 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieRos View Post
After NEXT LEVEL I always felt that her music went way downhill but recently I've been
listening to her albums. I'm going back and forth listening to Secret and (m)u and I'm
appreciating her music more and more. I'm going to listen to her recent albums with an
open mind, she's one of the artists that I really cared about so I can't brush her music off
just like I have done in the past.
Why do people say that when FIVE and Love Songs came after NEXT LEVEL (both better than NEXT LEVEL IMO) I also don't get the hate on LOVE again sure it's a mess that they put it together from 2 mini-albums/singles whatever and added some interludes and You & Me but overall there are a lot of songs on there that I really enjoy a lot

tumblr

Old 29th December 2015, 03:45 PM
Replace Initiate

I think FIVE was better than NEXT LEVEL, but Love songs was a mess. But I enjoyed RnRC a great deal.

LOVE again's problem in part is that all the best parts of the album were released before the album was, so when the album came out it was hard to really enjoy it. The album-only tracks have the worst mixing, the least inspired melodies, and the most generally unprofessional, demo-esque sound. It's not a bad album, but it's not a very good one either, and everyone here knows Ayu can do better (and WAS able to do better at that exact moment in time, as "Tell All" proved to us).
Old 29th December 2015, 07:14 PM
Who... Initiate

I agree that FIVE was better than NEXT LEVEL but Love songs was really good to me as well.
I personally like all of her latest ones If I had to choose a "less" favorite it would probably one of the earlier works..
Old 29th December 2015, 07:58 PM
Secret Initiate

I'm in the same boat as Jackie. I stopped following Ayu religiously during the Party Queen era (but my interest in J-Pop as a whole was dwindling at this time) and I always harshly judged all her albums from NEXT LEVEL onwards. But then I splurged and bought all her albums to complete my collection and took the time to really "listen" to them and I grew to appreciate them. But LOVE again was definitely a messy era lol
Old 29th December 2015, 09:52 PM
Voyage Initiate

I bought a couple of remixes from the first Ayu-mi-x the other day after reading the discussion about it on this forum. I don't know if it's because I don't listen to the ASFXX album that much (although I do enjoy it) but it never occurred to me to look into her first remix album before.

From the Acoustic Orchestra I bought:

Poker Face
A Song for XX (Dub's Loverdub Remix)

...and I am really enjoying them!
Old 29th December 2015, 11:50 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi|kshake View Post
I bought a couple of remixes from the first Ayu-mi-x the other day after reading the discussion about it on this forum. I don't know if it's because I don't listen to the ASFXX album that much (although I do enjoy it) but it never occurred to me to look into her first remix album before.

From the Acoustic Orchestra I bought:

Poker Face
A Song for XX (Dub's Loverdub Remix)

...and I am really enjoying them!
The remix of Poker Face on the other disc is also AWESOME.
Closed Thread