Ayu's social networks - Discussion #57 - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd November 2021, 08:44 AM
Love song H-Initiate

On a way of hype of squad game?
Old 19th December 2021, 07:02 PM
Dolls Initiate

I don't know where to ask, I was expecting a separate topic about it already. Does anyone know what's that MIRROR9 that Ayu is advertising on Instagram?
Old 19th December 2021, 07:49 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
I don't know where to ask, I was expecting a separate topic about it already. Does anyone know what's that MIRROR9 that Ayu is advertising on Instagram?
Seems like a fashion brand. I think in one of her recent posts she was wearing a blouse with its logo. So we might expect some collaboration of that sort.
Check out their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/mirror9official/
Old 20th December 2021, 02:33 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
It's a gal fashion brand. Many of Ayu's most die-hard fans are gal; she gets some of her stage costumes from gal brands like Bloomin' and they all helped do things like publicize "M" and her concerts on their Instagrams, so this crossover only makes sense.

In an issue of magazine Koakuma Ageha about a year ago, which is for gal in general (and hostesses in particular), they did a whole spread of quotes from different models about which Ayu song "saved" them when they needed the help.
Old 20th December 2021, 04:57 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Ayu and mirror9 recently had a collaboration for tour goods. So I believe we can expect a continuation of it. Maybe whole ayu line
Old 21st December 2021, 05:11 PM
Because of You Initiate

Is she really being this cryptic queen over freaking tour goods/fashion collab? That's a little extra lol
Old 22nd December 2021, 06:38 PM
Love song H-Initiate

The reality is even worse. That all is just about room with outfits that ayu wore on stage
Old 22nd December 2021, 09:00 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
The reality is even worse. That all is just about room with outfits that ayu wore on stage
But there is some available for purchase. How about reading MIRROR9’s posts 🙄

Old 23rd December 2021, 08:34 AM
Because of You Initiate

Avialable for purchase or not, it's a little much for such an underwhelming thing lol
Old 24th December 2021, 04:05 PM
Two of us Initiate

Nice, I bet it took a long to organize. Happy that she's lending her voice to support smaller independent brands.
Old 26th December 2021, 04:49 PM
ever free Initiate

Max uploaded a video with Ayu yesterday, according to the title, I think it means “Forbidden Coversation”.
We need subtitles!!!!

https://youtu.be/8tGd1sMtOYo
Old 26th December 2021, 05:51 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ Almost million views on this video. Can someone tell us what's this about?
Old 26th December 2021, 06:58 PM
Love song H-Initiate

let's wait until yandex will suport japanese language in video and make it available to audio translation
Old 26th December 2021, 10:17 PM
Two of us Initiate

I'll summarize five minutes at a time so no one post gets too long.

Max says he needs to talk to Ayu, something that many people are commenting that they want, but he's not sure if she's okay with it or not; he and the cameraman go back and forth about whether it's a good idea and Max decides to go for it, and that Ayu is waiting for him so probably she's okay with it. He says it's been a couple of years, with coronavirus, since he's really met any other entertainers in person.

(About 2:30) The cameraman points out that Max and Ayu were never really seen together in the old days; Max agrees and says he was with her on radio, but only because no one could see them.

(About 3:30) Max says he's not nervous, but the cameraman says HE is as they go in to see Ayu.

(About 4 min) Max and Ayu agree they've never been side-by-side on camera like this, or really been filmed together (Max says he's the producer, so he puts artists on TV, but doesn't go on himself). They haven't met in awhile, but it doesn't feel like it because they still talk a lot.

(About 4:30) Question one: When did you first meet? Max says it's different for both of them. Ayu says Max was too drunk to remember! Max says he wasn't drunk and it was at the Avex nightclub Velfarre. Ayu says he's lying and only knows because he saw the "M" drama. No, Max insists, he forgets unimportant details but remembers important things, and has always been that way. But he won't say anything more that he remembers.

(continued)
Old 26th December 2021, 10:31 PM
Two of us Initiate

(5:16) Question two: What was your first impression of Max? Ayu says she thought, "Wow, it's the guy from TV!" They agree he was on TV a lot them and he was the very representation of the entertainment world to her, and Ay says he was surrounded by many people. Avex is all really flashy people, she says, and on Aoyama Street at that time, even people who didn't belong to Avex tried to imitate them by being flashy. Max, amused, says everyone wore black then and so did Ayu; she's confused by that and asks if that's really true (Max insists it is, then adds, "maybe. I could be wrong.") Ayu says she remembers all the staff members being very young and flashy and she felt invisible. Max reflects how different something can look from different points of view.

(8:55) Question three: What happened up to Ayu entering Avex and debuting? Ayu says she was in a different group and had to go freelance. Max says he'd been worried because it was a BIG company she'd belonged to.

(9:44) Question four: What sort of music did you try to sell? Max says that question is trouble for him because of Every Little Thing they wanted to put her in a group. Max had never tried a solo artist and was surprised and nervous about how hard it would be. He made her do a bunch of demos and then go to Los Angeles, where Poker Face was made, and hearing that he decided to go for it. He remembers her writing the lyrics for You and A Song for XX before Poker Face, though.

(cont.)
Old 26th December 2021, 10:47 PM
Two of us Initiate

(10:41) Question five: Anything Max and Ayu disagreed on for music and lyrics? Max: HELL YES. Ayu: We did?! Max: We didn't agree at all on arrangements! You don't remember because it didn't bother you, but I want things to be the way I say they should be!
Ayu says she does remember a lot of sudden phone calls where he told her certain songs were very uncool. They talk more about how songs were arranged and recorded.

(13:43) Question six: How did you self-produce? Max says Ayu was able to do that right from the start. He knows "produced by Max Maatsura" is on everything because he's the one that got Ayu to join Avex, but once she was out there, it was all Ayu doing it herself. Ayu says Max was always thinking of her all the time, though, and he says of course; otherwise they'd never sell anything. Besides, if the producer does nothing, that's the end of him (as in, he'll not be needed and get fired), but all he did was check up on her.

(cont.)
Old 26th December 2021, 11:07 PM
Two of us Initiate

(15:58) Question seven: What song is the most memorable for both of you? Neither Max nor Ayu likes the idea of choosing just one, and Ayu says she won't tell.

(16:39) Question eight: What do you remember about writing lyrics/music? Ayu says she'd never been praised for any specific talent or believed she could do anything special. So when Max told her her letter writing was really amazing, it struck her.

(18:33) Question nine: What music do you want to make from now? Ayu says that for any musician, and maybe actors too, what they want to do and what others want them to do is not the same. She feels lost as to where to go. Max asks Ayu where she will go (musically); she says she feels she's been allowed to go wherever she wants, but--Max cuts her off and says it's fine for her to do that. BUT, he says, her fans are watching her, and she will hear them if they tell her she is doing something wrong. So she should keep her antenna up to listen for those voices.

(19:49) The cameraman says Ayu has many fans and she starts to laugh. Question ten: What does Ayu think of her fans, who sometimes mesh with her and sometimes do not (I'm not sure what that meant, maybe it meant they sometimes like what she does and sometimes don't)? Max and Ayu agree that doesn't matter, it won't change anything whatever she thinks. But she is grateful to have fans that tell her when she is making mistakes. If those voices stop, her career is over. Although at the same time, she can't live JUST worrying about what those fans will say. Max says she's very strong and Ayu laughs, saying he always tells her she's strong. Max berates himself for caring so much what others think, and Ayu agrees that Max has always noticed more strongly what others say and think. Max calls himself weak.
Old 26th December 2021, 11:18 PM
Two of us Initiate

Last one!

(20:58) Max asks Ayu if she has a goal or a dream now. Ayu says that for herself, she has nothing else she wants to do and no dreams. But she has dreams for things outside herself, maybe. Max is confused; doesn't she do what she wants?

Ayu says: "Because of what I do, I have made something, and it makes other people happy. That makes me really happy. But in the past, I was doing it for myself. I was myself happy to have people clamor over me. I wanted people to say I was cute so I went to the beauty salon a lot and went shopping a lot."

They agree she doesn't really do that anymore.

Max says again it's good she does what she wants but the fans won't go with her if she TOTALLY divorces herself from what they want to see.

The rest is the two of them joking, mostly, and they ask Team Ayu to continue to support Hamasaki Ayumi.

In the car, the cameraman asks Max again what his favorite song is, and Max says he loves You&Me and he thinks Komuro and Ayu are geniuses. Then he mentioned other tie-up songs like LOVE ~destiny~, and the piano version of LOVE, which he really loves, so maybe LOVE is his favorite song. Ayu, Max says, has an incredible aura.

The cameraman says to leave comments about any other collaborations we the viewers may want to see!
Old 27th December 2021, 03:24 AM
Initiate

This is such an incredible interview! Thanks for the translation.
Old 27th December 2021, 09:22 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Thank you so much for your translation!

Tags
facebook, instagram, social media, tiktok, twitter