ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [III] - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th June 2009, 06:25 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furashubakku View Post
For a second I thought this thread was about Ayumi's new tour. I must have been wrong. O_o

I don't know why, but that made me laugh so hard xD; Must be afternoon goofiness lol.
Old 12th June 2009, 08:22 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
ask truehappiness about that, I wrote that I dont want to discuss but he/she started it and if he/she brings a new or old argument(or no argument at all) i will, of course, answer, and my answers become longer and longer because of the stupidety of the arguments and him/her wanting prove, ill put the discussion in spoilers so people not caring dont have to read or even SEE it

Spoiler:
I don't think TakaSama is lying, it's quite possible that she sung the end of the song live, but I think saying a song is ENTIRELY sung live based on THE END of the song when many other people who watched the concert say it/a part of it WAS PLAYBACK is ridiculous.
When being at a concert it actually CAN be harder to tell if it's live or playback, because of the simple facts that it's loud as hell, you can't rewatch it and you usually don't pay enough attention to ayus mouth and the sound to tell if it' live or not, the first broadcasts of the CDLs are the best way to say if something is live or not, for the tours, it doesn't make a difference if you are there or not. Playback can be hidden easier on DVD if a mistake is done(like in the two CDLs), but unless that happens, theres no difference. I am not judging playback or not depending on how good Ayu sounds afterall, but on her mouth movements, body movements, breaths(only in some cases though) and, if a head-mic is used, mic-noises. The only one of these factors that can be altered efficiently is the breath, and they don't do it that much, well, not in CDLs at least and its the least important of the factors anyway.

I can't show any evidence for playback in the case of EnergizE AT09, only japanese reports other users read and that little video that doesnt tell much...but I never said EnergizE was playback, only that the possibility is high.
For the other performances, the evidence simply is the video, lets take evolution from CDL0102, that was one of her most obvious playbacks, especially in the tv version. Ill list a few point...
1. Her voice suddenly comes out completely different in the chorus, it sounds a lot more...muffled, like it was recorded with another microphone. But that never happened for another evolution live like DT01, CDL0405, CDL0506 or PCDL(I only list concerts with TV versions so we have (nearly) untouched sound that are not in doubt to be playback) It also gives the impression shes "not in the same room" with the band, at least thats what i read from other peoples opinions about playback
2. She does NOT speak to the audience AT ALL, she does that in every evolution performance that does NOT have this "different" sound for the chorus or uses the CDL0607, AT07, CDL0708, Museum playback(these concerts use the SAME vocal track)
3. She suddenly sings way better...always in the chorus, which is like the hardest part of the song as well
4. Her mouth overexaggerates(im sorry if i wrote it wrongly) the movements and is a LITTLE off, not like permanently being 0.08 seconds lateor something, but sometimes opening a little too early/late, changing to the next syllabe to early/late or close to early/late
5. She dances in the chorus, but it has no effect on her voice, she didnt dance much back then, it should have had a HUGE effect on her voice, especially on her breathing breathing, but its better than in the other parts of the song, she doesnt struggle to get a single note
Of course, over every single of my arguments can be argued, im aware of that...but show the tv version of that performance to someone without having the background of playback and ask him what seems weird...most of them will say the chorus for sure, especially if they watched her other evolution performances

What about your messages under the spoiler I can agree but...

Spoiler:

I've read that it's known and confirmed fact she used backtrack at CDL01-02 because she was ill and didn't want to destroy show.
And about your arguments for me it's a weird mix of real and imaginary ideas. 1) Like If you checking lip synch by mic-noises from head mic: we had noises in (d)lma to MY Names Women @ AT08 but there are some people saying it lip-synch.
2)
Quote:
Her mouth overexaggerates(im sorry if i wrote it wrongly) the movements and is a LITTLE off, not like permanently being 0.08 seconds lateor something, but sometimes opening a little too early/late, changing to the next syllabe to early/late or close to early/late
THE WEIRDEST thing I EVER heard. She is dancing and can open month a bit earlier to have a slight breath, or etc. and 0.08 second it's a such funny number and ridiculous at the same time. Opening mouth a 0.08 seconds later, that's really fun. If you very trained you can notice only 0.3, but you have to be veryyyy trained

Last edited by Ayumi_lover; 12th June 2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:08 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Spoiler:
Ayu was ill in CDL0203, not 0102, wasnt she? In CDL0102, the only parts that appear like playback or a VERY loud backtrack to me are evolution and UNITE! choruses, but I never watched CDL0203, so I cant say.

About micnoise:
I know theres micnoise in decision and mnW at AT08, I think these two are live, I havent heard it in (d)lma though. But the point is that people who actually went to the concert said that there were NO micnoises in the performances of the three songs and on the DVD they suddenly appeared, people think she later added them to make it seem more live(I still think decision and mnW were live though, and maybe a part of (d)lma)
mouth: I know 0.08 is impossible(unless you watch it in slow-mo), with that sentence i wanted to say that the audio is not off in all the file like it was in the first version of PCDL we had.
Youre of course right about her taking a breath, but i was talking about a syllabe starting slightly before her mouth forms it and similar things(you dont really notice it when you watch at normal speed, to me her mouth only seemed "weird" but i couldnt say what exactly was weird, but you notice it when watching it with slow-motion)

Last edited by noidea; 12th June 2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12th June 2009, 06:58 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

My profile thing to the left OVER THERE says I'm male, so can you not?

I thought we stopped discussing this ages ago.
Old 12th June 2009, 07:04 PM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I hope HOPE or PAIN would be replaced with SCAR.
i agree
SCAR @ PCDL was amazing!! her vocals were really good in it and it made me love the song even more
Old 12th June 2009, 07:10 PM
TO BE Initiate

Am I the only one that loves Hope and Pain? Ever since she sung that in PDCL, I'm in love with it.
Old 12th June 2009, 08:55 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

HOPE or PAIN is a good song, but it's rather pale in comparison to Liar and HAPPY ENDING.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:03 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I think HOPE or PAIN to be way better than Liar ! Happy Ending is great too, but HoP is more moving (especially the lyrics !) imo !
Old 12th June 2009, 11:36 PM
WE WISH Initiate

^^ I LOVE HOPE or PAIN. I think it's the violins!
Old 12th June 2009, 11:39 PM
Over Initiate

I really like HOPE or PAIN more than HAPPY ENDING actually, the chorus feels much stronger.

Speaking about Liar, I wonder what are the chances for us to ever see that one performed? D: Really one of her most underrated songs, right?

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 13th June 2009, 12:03 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Probably in the coming CDL or the next tour.
Old 13th June 2009, 12:04 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^ You think so? I'd like to hear momentum at the CDL too! Even if it's just something simple in the encore!
Old 13th June 2009, 12:29 AM
Dolls Initiate

I would love to see ayu perform daybreak again..such a great song!
Old 13th June 2009, 01:33 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
HOPE or PAIN is a good song, but it's rather pale in comparison to Liar and HAPPY ENDING.
I dont think she will sing Happy Ending anytime soon..
It requires REALLY soft vocals, and then the high pitches in the chorus..
I dont think she can do that right now.. T_T
Old 13th June 2009, 01:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, she already had it as a concert opener. Generally concert openers are doomed after the tour that features them [HAPPY ENDING, Born To Be.., t2m, Rule]
Old 13th June 2009, 03:23 AM
count down Initiate

^ Hahaha. I think HOPE or PAIN is a really beautiful song, but my favorite of the "hated trio" in MY STORY is Liar... ^^

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Closed Thread

Tags
avex trax, ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour