Crossroad 49th Single Speculation Thread I - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th July 2010, 07:44 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Oh wow, so the new single is announced already!! I did not even know, so thank you for starting this thread.
I like the name "Crossroad"...it's like a crossroads in Ayu's career.
I'm not going to listen to this preview, I want a better and longer version first. I hope this song is as nostalgic/old-school Ayu as everyone else says it sounds.
*excitement is building*

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 14th July 2010, 10:49 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

song preview = love

but i can't help but think of Britney Spear's movie when I read the title... haha

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 14th July 2010, 10:51 AM
GAME Initiate

the preview is awesome! It could be my next favorite song

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 14th July 2010, 10:55 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

i am so curious for the full version. It sounds great, i want more more. do anyone know if there will be an other A-side?

MAA thread
Old 14th July 2010, 11:18 AM
SCAR Initiate

My favourite aspect of the preview is the drum beat. Really digging it. Its almost reminds of don't look back's beat.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:24 AM
Initiate

i don't like that type of song ~~! maybe i'll change my mind after hearing full ver , but Tetsuya komuro 's works never impress me !
Old 14th July 2010, 11:40 AM
LIMIT Initiate

The preview sounds good, not awesome, but nice. I can't wait to hear more.

.::facebook::.

Old 14th July 2010, 02:00 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourniquet View Post
who said that the industry is about being fair. everyone's pulling their tricks to be successful.

as long as she can afford to release in 'quiet' weeks to keep her streak than that's nothing illegal. I'm only pissed if they push back releases because of that.
I agree. Plus releasing in a less quite week could also mean the songs would receive less attention.

As for crossroad, I love what I hear so far and can't wait to hear the whole song~

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 14th July 2010, 04:34 PM
Dolls Initiate

From what I heard from the preview.. I really like it. But.. wait until we can hear the full song.
Old 14th July 2010, 04:40 PM
neverending dream Initiate

Nostalgia FTW! I kinda like it.
Old 14th July 2010, 05:18 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
Omg thats what i've been thinking! Everyone is like oh why can't Ayu do stuff like she used to, and now she does a single that sounds so old and beautiful and their like EWWWWW we want new things... like make up your mind!
That's exactly it! I find this happens a lot with fans, and not just of Ayu. Like, if something doesn't get enough publicity, everyone gets worried or annoyed. And if something gets too much publicity, everyone gets... well, worried or annoyed.

Quote:
I love both new and old ayu and i think what's she's doing is finding a middle ground which is cool!
I cant get enough of the chaku uta but im gunna stop listening to it so i dont spoil the joy when i get my single XP
But I agree! I love how she's making something with an older feel with her newer, more mature voice. I've always loved hearing her old songs sung now, because her voice has changed over the years. I think it suits the name, as well, since it's kind of like a crossroads--the old style with a new voice. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, though. ^^;

When I get previews, I only listen once or twice, sometimes not even that. I always wait until I get my albums before I listen to anything on them~ (except for maybe the singles, which may have leaked or I may have bought before hand). I find the surprise and excitement to be worth it in the end! But it's always hard listening to the songs in full, because I want to skip through and find out what everything sounds like! XD;
Old 14th July 2010, 05:25 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lividlillies View Post
That's exactly it! I find this happens a lot with fans, and not just of Ayu. Like, if something doesn't get enough publicity, everyone gets worried or annoyed. And if something gets too much publicity, everyone gets... well, worried or annoyed.

But I agree! I love how she's making something with an older feel with her newer, more mature voice. I've always loved hearing her old songs sung now, because her voice has changed over the years. I think it suits the name, as well, since it's kind of like a crossroads--the old style with a new voice. I don't know if I'm explaining it right, though. ^^;

When I get previews, I only listen once or twice, sometimes not even that. I always wait until I get my albums before I listen to anything on them~ (except for maybe the singles, which may have leaked or I may have bought before hand). I find the surprise and excitement to be worth it in the end! But it's always hard listening to the songs in full, because I want to skip through and find out what everything sounds like! XD;
You explained it right i understood what you meant XP
I really hope crossroad and the 50th will recieve at least more publicity than Moon/blossom!

set made my me

Old 14th July 2010, 05:44 PM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
Crossroad definitely need to grow on the listener..

when i hear for the first time...it's kinda meh...what is this?
and then second time, and so on, i play it on repeat...hey this song is good...
and wow..i can't wait for full version of this...

and there is still hope that ayu will do another 2A side single, so we will see what song will cw with this, and i believe it will be rockish song, or maybe another cutesy rock song like STEP you
Yeah, agreed. I liked it at first listen but it does get better the more you play it. It seems to be a grower that said, unless it's a Double-A (which more than likely it is) it'll make promo a bit more crucial for this single because the public (and some Ayu fans) may need more time to get a "feel" for this track. I'm quite eager to hear the full of this even more so than when I first heard the chaku uta of MOON.

Even so I still feel this way:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyrhythm View Post
The song doesn't suck.....judging by the preview.....it just doesn't seem like A side material
But hopefully I'm wrong once we hear more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyumiAi View Post
I would really love something like STEP you/ is this LOVE
i really loved that single
lol everyone seems to love that single and for good reason, it's effing perfect. <3

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 14th July 2010, 05:44 PM
Dolls Initiate

It's sound too nostalgic for me. As blossom sound for me from 2003/2004 this sounds for me like 1999' a bit. Her voice is nice, but it sounds for me a little boring. I hope the second track will kick head~ It definitely sounds like a filler in album, Replace, Honey, Beatiful Day even. But those songs sounds very good for me as they were just a fillertracks in album.
Old 14th July 2010, 07:26 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
song preview = love

but i can't help but think of Britney Spear's movie when I read the title... haha

same here!

first she uses the circus idea that britney used first, and now she's using the title crossroad that britney has already used as well!!!

haha, i jest of course! please don't filet me.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 14th July 2010, 10:01 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I knew there had to be some other subconscious thing making me cringe at the word "crossroad"...

de tu puņo y letra
Old 14th July 2010, 10:02 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

49th single: crossroad (ft britney spears)

i can't wait!!!

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 14th July 2010, 10:19 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
lol everyone seems to love that single and for good reason, it's effing perfect. <3
This !

I didn't listen to the preview, and I'm getting more and more curious with all your comments, it is either boring or excellent XD
But I'm kinda hoping the other song (since it's almost sure there will be at least two songs, isn't it ?) will be a real upbeat song, I need another Sparkle or t2m !
Old 14th July 2010, 10:21 PM
Initiate

:/ Um....I don't feel good about her upcoming album based on the single(s) so far. I didn't feel MOON/blossom and I am SURE not feeling crossroads. All my favorite Japanese artists have gone to pits lately IMO (of course), and I was hoping Ayu wouldn't disappoint.....boooooooo. But I know most people probably will like this sound, so I understand it.

Old 14th July 2010, 11:03 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Wow, the preview is horrible... I hope the actual song is way better.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, tetsuya komuro