Crossroad 49th Single Speculation Thread I - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th July 2010, 04:52 AM
No way to say Initiate

^ Hm~ you do have a point there~ Plus...I love her ballads anyway so I wouldn't mind that much if one of the next two singles but I reeeeallly want something different from a ballad though

^
^ I agree I love ourselves; it's so unique and...just plain awesome

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 16th July 2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 16th July 2010, 04:56 AM
Daybreak Initiate

@Kogepan: They were obviously talking about singles.

Yw/BALLAD: Ballad/Ballad
Sunrise/Sunset: Summer Pop/Ballad
MOON/blossom: Ballad/Summer Pop

The ballad ratio is 2:1= too many

Plus like hsienko said I wouldn't mind the amount of ballads if there was actually some variation in them like in RAINBOW or I am... just my two cents.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 16th July 2010, 04:59 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogepan_19 View Post
I honestly don't get how people are saying there's been too many ballads. NONE of the promotional tracks for R'n'RC was a ballad, and there were 4 of them. From the new single, only MOON is a ballad in a conventional sense whereas blossom is merely a mid-tempo pop/rock song. So for this year, there has only been 1 ballad out of 6 main songs she's been putting out there...how is that too many ballads?
I don't get it either.

And people say that want something different to her usual summer pop songs...Sexy little things and Lady Dynamite anyone? Neither of those are summery sounding. Could even include Don't look back in that.
It really seems that people have selective memories when it comes to Ayu's music. seriously, this year alone she has sone so many different things.
Old 16th July 2010, 05:00 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma Matsuri View Post
@Kogepan: They were obviously talking about singles.

Yw/BALLAD: Ballad/Ballad
Sunrise/Sunset: Summer Pop/Ballad
MOON/blossom: Ballad/Summer Pop

The ballad ratio is 2:1= too many

Plus like hsienko said I wouldn't mind the amount of ballads if there was actually some variation in them like in RAINBOW or I am... just my two cents.
Hence clearly I was bringing attention again to Ayumi's album release this year that had so much variety.

If the ballads in R'n'RC are to be categorized, there's Sunset that's borderline epic pop, BALLAD with a traditional instrumentation, meaning of Love which is very pop, and You were... with rock elements. How is that all the same musically? I agree that they are lyrically similar...but isn't that what a ballad is supposed to be? A love song?

Last edited by Kogepan_19; 16th July 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 16th July 2010, 05:06 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Hence clearly I was bringing attention again to Ayumi's album release this year that had so much variety.
I don't get why you would speak of the variety of the album tracks when they were discussing the variety of the singles but w/e.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 16th July 2010, 05:14 AM

Quote:
I don't get why you would speak of the variety of the album tracks when they were discussing the variety of the singles but w/e.
Is there any point to only discuss of singles though? Isn't an Artist's album considered part of his/her musical career as well? Shouldn't promotional tracks for an album be treated on par as it is also constantly exposed to the public?

Weren't ballads in I am... and RAINBOW just discussed in the previous page as well?
Old 16th July 2010, 05:17 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She actually had a few years of no ballads at all, so I think she might be making up for lost time with these.
Old 16th July 2010, 05:28 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Is there any point to only discuss of singles though? Isn't an Artist's album considered part of his/her musical career as well? Shouldn't promotional tracks for an album be treated on par as it is also constantly exposed to the public?

Weren't ballads in I am... and RAINBOW just discussed in the previous page as well?
I was speaking about her newer ballads in general but if you ask me both of those albums DID have quite the variety of ballads as singles. M, Voyage, Hanabi, Endless Sorrow, A Song is Born, Dearest...

Quote:
Is there any point to only discuss of singles though? Isn't an Artist's album considered part of his/her musical career as well?
Of course it is. It's a huge part. But again, the complaints are about the amount of ballads as singles she's been doing and about wanting more variety for the actual singles not the albums. But I do see your point.

Quote:
Shouldn't promotional tracks for an album be treated on par as it is also constantly exposed to the public?
Imho, no.

@truehappiness: Yeah, that could be it.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 16th July 2010, 05:34 AM
End roll Initiate

How do Sunset, BALLAD and You were...sound alike though? I mean, They all have completely different arrangements...

Is it because they are all fairly slow?
Old 16th July 2010, 05:40 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Interesting name. sounds Ballady... lol.

Hereby, Let it be known.

Thank you so much Ownsarai for this gorgeous set!

Love like never before..

Old 16th July 2010, 05:46 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
How do Sunset, BALLAD and You were...sound alike though? I mean, They all have completely different arrangements...

Is it because they are all fairly slow?
I can't explain it in detail and I'm not going to attempt to because I'm no music wiz and will definitely eff my explanation up, lol. But in lamest terms: They don't sound alike but they don't sound all that different either. --> is what I think I'm trying to say lol. There hasn't been any really interesting compositions to me and that's probably why they have this "sameness" in my head because nothing's grabbing me. I guess that's the best way to describe how I feel.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 16th July 2010, 05:55 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Quote:
I honestly don't get how people are saying there's been too many ballads. NONE of the promotional tracks for R'n'RC was a ballad, and there were 4 of them. From the new single, only MOON is a ballad in a conventional sense whereas blossom is merely a mid-tempo pop/rock song. So for this year, there has only been 1 ballad out of 6 main songs she's been putting out there...how is that too many ballads?
This.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 16th July 2010, 06:03 AM
forgiveness Initiate

The fact that the album title "Rock n Roll Circus", implying it's going to be crazy, rocky, and experimental, and we end up with last links, meaning of love, you were..., ballad, and sunset, seems to me like she has too many ballads. just saying :/

I don't think (off the top of my head) that she has an album where there wasn't at least one ballad as/on a single. I don't really mind that she has ballads, but I am a bit tired of hearing them on singles, please save them for the album only tracks. singles seem really unique to me, like it's that one chance to show off a new song, and when you get ballad ballad ballad ballad, you were, ballad, sunset, moon, days, green, fated, together when, etc. single after single. it kind of gets a bit annoying and repetitive. yeah, we do get the cool, rule/sparkle, type of singles, but as time goes on, we seem to get a lot less of them.

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 16th July 2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:02 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:

If the ballads in R'n'RC are to be categorized, there's Sunset that's borderline epic pop, BALLAD with a traditional instrumentation, meaning of Love which is very pop, and You were... with rock elements. How is that all the same musically? I agree that they are lyrically similar...but isn't that what a ballad is supposed to be? A love song?
Quote:

We were talking strickly singles. I know there was Microphone and Don't look back and what not. But they seem to get lost between all the ballads.

Quote:
I can't explain it in detail and I'm not going to attempt to because I'm no music wiz and will definitely eff my explanation up, lol. But in lamest terms: They don't sound alike but they don't sound all that different either. --> is what I think I'm trying to say lol. There hasn't been any really interesting compositions to me and that's probably why they have this "sameness" in my head because nothing's grabbing me. I guess that's the best way to describe how I feel.
Yeah exactly. Maybe if she had a new boyfriend she would have some new inspirtation.

Maybe MTV Japan should give her her own dating reality show. They could call it "Imma Hamasakin for Love," or "Ayu the one?"
Old 16th July 2010, 08:07 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Ballads are what ayu does best, imo. Even if it'd be nice to have a completely upbeat single, I'll still be satisfied if she only releases ballad singles this year lol.
Old 16th July 2010, 08:14 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm so excited and I Just can't hide it about this new single
Old 16th July 2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsienko View Post
We were talking strickly singles. I know there was Microphone and Don't look back and what not. But they seem to get lost between all the ballads.
I wasn't directing my opinion to any specific person in the beginning, but rather as a general observation from the whole thread. I believe it's also false to say that Microphone/Don't look back/Lady Dynamite/Sexy little things seem to be lost between all the ballads because these songs even have it's own nation-wide tour promoting them. The amount of controversy these songs have even generated in our own forum is quite apparent.

I do agree if that Ayu does have a higher ratio of releasing ballads as singles recently, but album promotion tracks are definitely not forgotten for a general consumer.
Old 16th July 2010, 09:27 AM
rainy day Initiate

Not me, her ballads have been SO DULL lately. I'm just dying for something simple yet epic like JEWEL. Omg, that song is such an astounding piece of work.
Old 16th July 2010, 09:41 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
The fact that the album title "Rock n Roll Circus", implying it's going to be crazy, rocky, and experimental, and we end up with last links, meaning of love, you were..., ballad, and sunset, seems to me like she has too many ballads. just saying :/
That's what you think, but obviously not what she had in mind.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 16th July 2010, 10:28 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I refuse to listen to the preview and will save myself til I get the full version, but I do love the nostalgia trip she's been on lately. I think this 3 singles thing will truly be amazing.

I hope there aren't any ultra limited first press bonuses as I want to wait til the last of the three comes out so I can buy them all together I didn't need or want the serial numbered card so I'm happy for that to be the FP bonus again lol

I would like Crossroad to be the single title, I'm a little tired of the double A-sides...then if the 50th single was a double A, the total of new songs would be 5 new songs for the 50th single

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎あゆみ, ayumi, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, tetsuya komuro