Critique: 23rd Monster - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th April 2021, 11:08 PM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Any time I see people suggest she needs to find new people to work with, I just think of Party Queen and Colours. She had new composers, new mixers, etc. and that wasn't well-received within the fandom.

As she lost hearing capabilities, she relied more heavily on others' opinions instead of nitpicking it to perfection like she did earlier in her career.. It's always been my view that she had yes-men around her.

So in regards to someone saying "does no one around her hear how bad she may sound", I doubt they will tell their employer the hard truth. It's just like how did anyone approve the mixing of Party Queen? It goes up the chain.

It did break my heart when she said in her TA blog that she was just doing things that made her happy even though we, the fans, were so critical of it.

I don't hold her works up to their predecessors anymore. I just take songs at face value and enjoy it. It has made my journey as a fan a lot happier as well.

Tags
2021, 23rd monster, ayumi hamasaki, critique