[KAT-TUN] PIERROT -KAT-TUN Thread #16- ♪ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th June 2010, 01:09 AM
SAKURA Initiate

finished listening to the album!

as far as the album tracks go, i looooooove RIGHT NOW. the intro to it is the song as a whole is seriously amazing, as well! FARAWAY is pretty nice, and ROCKIN' ALL NITE is very cool! PROMISE SONG is a really nice ballad. i enjoy listening to it. but i think HELLO is my second favorite next to RIGHT NOW, lol. it's so awesome. so my top 3 favorite album tracks are N.M.P., RIGHT NOW, and HELLO.

as far as the solo songs go, i love them all! (no really, i do!) i've even grown to love SWEET more (but still, 1582 is still better ). LOVE MUSIC is great, especially junno's rap! i loved that part the most. ueda sings sooo fast in RABBIT OR WOLF? but i really like it, too. but i think the best solo is nakamaru's FILM. i dunno, it has a sad kind of feel to it, to me, so i really like that solo the most!! oh yea, i forgot about MAKE U WET! i admit, i'm not a big fan of koki, but his solo is really good (which album (or single?) was the original MAKE U WET on, btw? i don't remember it)

as a whole, i personally think it's much better than Break The Records. but i'd still place it second to QUEEN OF PIRATES. i'll still love that album the most. so for me, it's QUEEN OF PIRATES-NO MORE PAIN-Break the Records (i've never heard the other albums in full, lol).

but anyway, it really is a rocking album!! i've also re-discovered my love for THE D-MOTION, haha. i think i'll always love that song! and Love yourself.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Last edited by Beauty4123; 14th June 2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 14th June 2010, 05:26 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ the original "Make U Wet" is on their "cartoon KAT-TUN II You" album.

anyhow, i listened to the album while watching the Los Angeles Lakers fail of a game, so i typed out a review. I AM DEDICATED. PLZ DON'T JUDGE ME.

Spoiler:
_EIRYNNE'S 『NO MORE PAIИ』 ALBUM REVIEW!

01. N.M.P. (NO MORE PAIN): i was so surprised by this song! it is similar to a previous album opener, T∀BOO, however this song does not have the water/ocean pirate theme. and the opening strings...perfect! this song is the ultimate message of how KAT-TUN rolls. message sent! plus, epic PV. seriously, epic PV.

02. Love yourself~君が嫌いな君が好き~: i thought the switch from N.M.P. to Love yourself is a bit weird, but whatever. this song has grown so much on me from the first time i heard it. the lyrics are sweet and i guess i could relate to them. so extra points. lol.

03. FARAWAY: another pop song. but it has this, fresh & light composition. it's not an overtly JE pop song like Love yourself (& Going!) i think if KAT-TUN went a more pop route, then they should follow this direction. it is a nice album song!

04. THE D-MOTION: i love THE D-MOTION. i love my dance music, IDGAF. i jam to this, lol. i think this is their strongest song released prior to the album. i consider it an A-side, despite it not being formally regarded as one.

05. RIGHT NOW: WOW I LOVE THIS! again, dance tune. similar to THE D-MOTION, this one is in autotune, so nice transition here. we have Maru's beatbox in the beginning and some Koki!rap in here too.

06. ROCKIN' ALL NITE: hmm...i'm sort of on the fence with this song. i have a strong feeling it will be a better "concert" song (somewhat like "SHE SAID..." i love the live version over the album version). i was hoping for a more dramatic-rock song than pop-rock song, but i guess it lives up to the title. tons of energy, tons of fun. however, i think this is the weakest album track.

07. Going!: i think it says something about an album when i think a single track is considered one of the weakest tracks. Going! is not by all means horrible (i even tried liking it in the beginning, lol), but this is not a KAT-TUN song. i think NEWS or Hey! Say! JUMP should get these types of songs. KAT-TUN is FIERCE. not. SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS. i only accept sunshine & rainbows in bizarre CMs. lol.

08. SWEET: KAME ILU. WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER. I'M SURE OF IT (EVEN IF YOU LOOK PRETTIER THAN ME AT TIMES). BUT THIS IS NOT MY FAVORITE SOLO OF YOURS, LMFAO. but you know what, bb, i'll let it slide because you totally slammed everyone with "1582" in the last album. and replicated epicness live during the Break the Records tour. it's okay, get some rest.i know you're just laying low because you're a nice person and want the others to shine before you just completely destroy them again, right? YOU'RE SO SMART, BB.(sorry i am biased. i like having fun.)

09. LOVE MUSIC: JUNNO. WHAT'S HAPPENING, BRO. you kinda just slipped under my radar. i even skipped you when naming the thread. LOL.but you know what, Junno? YOU MAKE MAJIC WITH NAO. Natsu no Basho, now LOVE MUSIC? great stuff. this goes with your (limited, LOL) vocal range. this is such a "Junno" song. AND YOU'RE RAPPING!! this is a light & fun song. great job!

10. MAKE U WET ~CHAPTER 2~: this is hot. OMG. i love Koki solos. they are so fierce and aggressive. i love my tough & sexy! Koki. when i heard you were making another "Make U Wet"...well, you made me wet. AHAHA.i like how it's not similar musically to CHAPTER 1. this one is more smooth sexy. with some arabian influence. HOOOOT.

11. RABBIT OR WOLF?: it has the same similar "atmosphere" like "Hana no mau Machi" but i think this solo is tons better. i think his strongest solo is "Ai no Hana" (because it is epic) but this is another strong solo from Ueda. i think he is a really talented musician. he is very consistent.

12. FILM: MARU. WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME LOVE YOU. i remember not even paying attention to you when i first got into this group. how times have changed. you're such a little sweetheart. this song definitely has the Maru touch to it. this is such a nice & upbeat little pop song. there's some subtle dance elements in the song too. love all around, Maru!

13. PROMISE SONG: all albums need that ballad, lol. i actually think this one is nice. it reminds me of NEIRO mixed in with some PRECIOUS ONE.

14. HELLO: this is this album's SIX SENSES. i loooove it! i think SIX SENSES packs more punch, but this is awesome nevertheless.i really think KAT-TUN should do more songs like this. come onnn. they do this style so well! or something similar to ONE ON ONE.

_CONCLUDING THOUGHTS: all the fears i had for this group has been completely destroyed. i thought with Jin out of the picture, it would be a very sugary pop route, or somewhat similar to what happened during during his last hiatus. but nope. these 5 guys have proved that they can work without him. it's a better effort than the last 5 member album, cartoon KAT-TUN II You. i even think it ranks high along with QUEEN OF PIRATES and Break the Records in terms of original albums. NO MORE PAIИ has traces of those 2 albums, but not completely copying them. (there's more dance elements in this album than previous ones!)

there were times were i felt like Jin didn't need to be in this album! "RIGHT NOW"...perfect without him! i was very impressed and there were times where i was like, "omg this sounds like Jin!" but it was either Kame or Ueda or whoever. again, i think this shows growth with the others filling in a big spot.

that said, i still love Jin. integral part of KAT-TUN and even though he is douche-bag, i'm supporting him by going to his concert on Saturday. LMAO.

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 14th June 2010, 08:26 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ll moments ll View Post
^ the original "Make U Wet" is on their "cartoon KAT-TUN II You" album.

anyhow, i listened to the album while watching the Los Angeles Lakers fail of a game, so i typed out a review. I AM DEDICATED. PLZ DON'T JUDGE ME.

Spoiler:
_EIRYNNE'S 『NO MORE PAIИ』 ALBUM REVIEW!

01. N.M.P. (NO MORE PAIN): i was so surprised by this song! it is similar to a previous album opener, T∀BOO, however this song does not have the water/ocean pirate theme. and the opening strings...perfect! this song is the ultimate message of how KAT-TUN rolls. message sent! plus, epic PV. seriously, epic PV.

02. Love yourself~君が嫌いな君が好き~: i thought the switch from N.M.P. to Love yourself is a bit weird, but whatever. this song has grown so much on me from the first time i heard it. the lyrics are sweet and i guess i could relate to them. so extra points. lol.

03. FARAWAY: another pop song. but it has this, fresh & light composition. it's not an overtly JE pop song like Love yourself (& Going!) i think if KAT-TUN went a more pop route, then they should follow this direction. it is a nice album song!

04. THE D-MOTION: i love THE D-MOTION. i love my dance music, IDGAF. i jam to this, lol. i think this is their strongest song released prior to the album. i consider it an A-side, despite it not being formally regarded as one.

05. RIGHT NOW: WOW I LOVE THIS! again, dance tune. similar to THE D-MOTION, this one is in autotune, so nice transition here. we have Maru's beatbox in the beginning and some Koki!rap in here too.

06. ROCKIN' ALL NITE: hmm...i'm sort of on the fence with this song. i have a strong feeling it will be a better "concert" song (somewhat like "SHE SAID..." i love the live version over the album version). i was hoping for a more dramatic-rock song than pop-rock song, but i guess it lives up to the title. tons of energy, tons of fun. however, i think this is the weakest album track.

07. Going!: i think it says something about an album when i think a single track is considered one of the weakest tracks. Going! is not by all means horrible (i even tried liking it in the beginning, lol), but this is not a KAT-TUN song. i think NEWS or Hey! Say! JUMP should get these types of songs. KAT-TUN is FIERCE. not. SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS. i only accept sunshine & rainbows in bizarre CMs. lol.

08. SWEET: KAME ILU. WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER. I'M SURE OF IT (EVEN IF YOU LOOK PRETTIER THAN ME AT TIMES). BUT THIS IS NOT MY FAVORITE SOLO OF YOURS, LMFAO. but you know what, bb, i'll let it slide because you totally slammed everyone with "1582" in the last album. and replicated epicness live during the Break the Records tour. it's okay, get some rest.i know you're just laying low because you're a nice person and want the others to shine before you just completely destroy them again, right? YOU'RE SO SMART, BB.(sorry i am biased. i like having fun.)

09. LOVE MUSIC: JUNNO. WHAT'S HAPPENING, BRO. you kinda just slipped under my radar. i even skipped you when naming the thread. LOL.but you know what, Junno? YOU MAKE MAJIC WITH NAO. Natsu no Basho, now LOVE MUSIC? great stuff. this goes with your (limited, LOL) vocal range. this is such a "Junno" song. AND YOU'RE RAPPING!! this is a light & fun song. great job!

10. MAKE U WET ~CHAPTER 2~: this is hot. OMG. i love Koki solos. they are so fierce and aggressive. i love my tough & sexy! Koki. when i heard you were making another "Make U Wet"...well, you made me wet. AHAHA.i like how it's not similar musically to CHAPTER 1. this one is more smooth sexy. with some arabian influence. HOOOOT.

11. RABBIT OR WOLF?: it has the same similar "atmosphere" like "Hana no mau Machi" but i think this solo is tons better. i think his strongest solo is "Ai no Hana" (because it is epic) but this is another strong solo from Ueda. i think he is a really talented musician. he is very consistent.

12. FILM: MARU. WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME LOVE YOU. i remember not even paying attention to you when i first got into this group. how times have changed. you're such a little sweetheart. this song definitely has the Maru touch to it. this is such a nice & upbeat little pop song. there's some subtle dance elements in the song too. love all around, Maru!

13. PROMISE SONG: all albums need that ballad, lol. i actually think this one is nice. it reminds me of NEIRO mixed in with some PRECIOUS ONE.

14. HELLO: this is this album's SIX SENSES. i loooove it! i think SIX SENSES packs more punch, but this is awesome nevertheless.i really think KAT-TUN should do more songs like this. come onnn. they do this style so well! or something similar to ONE ON ONE.

_CONCLUDING THOUGHTS: all the fears i had for this group has been completely destroyed. i thought with Jin out of the picture, it would be a very sugary pop route, or somewhat similar to what happened during during his last hiatus. but nope. these 5 guys have proved that they can work without him. it's a better effort than the last 5 member album, cartoon KAT-TUN II You. i even think it ranks high along with QUEEN OF PIRATES and Break the Records in terms of original albums. NO MORE PAIИ has traces of those 2 albums, but not completely copying them. (there's more dance elements in this album than previous ones!)

there were times were i felt like Jin didn't need to be in this album! "RIGHT NOW"...perfect without him! i was very impressed and there were times where i was like, "omg this sounds like Jin!" but it was either Kame or Ueda or whoever. again, i think this shows growth with the others filling in a big spot.

that said, i still love Jin. integral part of KAT-TUN and even though he is douche-bag, i'm supporting him by going to his concert on Saturday. LMAO.
I don't judge you! I find your review a very interesting read, and I like your points. I haven't listened to the complete album yet, since it's not yet released, but I'm looking forward to it and I will read your review again then. I'm happy that I'm not the only one who loves Kokis solos. I have a feeling they're getting better and wetter . I also agree on Jin, I'm happy that KAT-TUN are able to do it without him, but I also like that Koki included the A in the KAT-TUN rap in N.M.P. And I'm really looking forward to read your review of Jin in Concert (you will write one for us, right?) because even though I find him irritating, his music is great and I really respect him for doing what he wants, not a lot of people have a strong characters that works against the "group mentality" of Japan in general.

Couldn't really wait and listened to it. I kind of like it and on the other hand I don't. It's a fifty/fifty album for me to be honest. Great Tracks like N.M.P. make it really cool but things like Going! turn me off. My favourite is the title track - N.M.P. just rules. And the Koki solo Make you wet Chapter 2. Overall a solid effort, but maybe released a little too early? It was announced and then released. For me Break the Records and especially Queen of Pirates were better. I like it better than their debut and second album though. Don't really miss Jins voice. There is no song where I would say, oh that would've sounded better with Jin. Which is good. I think it was basically made to have songs without Jins voice so that they could sing them on tour, without the others having their voices constantly compared to Jins.

Last edited by Mai82Go; 14th June 2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 15th June 2010, 12:17 AM
fairyland Initiate

^ of course! you guys can expect concert write-up for sure! i'll try to be coherent, even though i'll probably be shaking and having a mental breakdown because i'm in the presence of Jin Akanishi. i'm not sure if they're allowing cameras (i'm thinking no, since this is like, JE, we're talking about...) but if they do, i'll definitely get some pics! (they can't confiscate cell phones, lololol.)

i still can't believe my friend has 1st row seats...UGHHH RAGING WITH JEALOUSY BUT I LOVE HER, ahaha. i'm stuck in the back, but it's a small venue.

upon further listens, i think the weakest section of the album is ROCKIN' ALL NITE - Going! - SWEET section. but otherwise, i can listen to the rest perfectly fine without trouble. i do think now that Break the Records & QUEEN OF PIRATES are stronger albums, but those 2 along with NMP are much better than their first 2 by a landslide.

Old 15th June 2010, 08:08 PM
Depend on you Initiate

^Reading ur post make me sad.
Wasn't able to buy tickets because of my stupid boss. >.<

Why do I see some post about jin leaving the grp?

Last edited by pink_horse_088; 15th June 2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 16th June 2010, 01:52 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
^ of course! you guys can expect concert write-up for sure! i'll try to be coherent, even though i'll probably be shaking and having a mental breakdown because i'm in the presence of Jin Akanishi. i'm not sure if they're allowing cameras (i'm thinking no, since this is like, JE, we're talking about...) but if they do, i'll definitely get some pics! (they can't confiscate cell phones, lololol.)

i still can't believe my friend has 1st row seats...UGHHH RAGING WITH JEALOUSY BUT I LOVE HER, ahaha. i'm stuck in the back, but it's a small venue.
I'm looking forward to your report. Can't believe it's almost happening already. I'm so curious how it'll play out. You have to tell all the details. I love reading concert reports. I'm sad that people here don't really post them that much. But on the other hand other than devilayu, I think nobody on AHS ever went to a KAT-TUN concert and I think this year there weren't that many that went to Japan for a concert because they wouldn't want to see it it without Jin.

For No More Pain (the album) I actually find Sweet not that bad. I think it is a sweet song and that is exactly the intention. It's not that catchy but it's not like I want to turn it off immediately. (Like it is the case with most Junno solo songs for me. I hate to admit it but I'm actually no fan of Junnos voice, no matter how nice a person he might be)
Old 16th June 2010, 05:15 PM
SAKURA Initiate

first day sales

Quote:
*1 68,762 KAT-TUN

Old 16th June 2010, 06:24 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Is that good or not? Seems not so good? But then albums never sold that well, but for just one day, the number doesn't seem to be bad.
Old 16th June 2010, 09:44 PM
BEST Initiate

I'm not sure of their previous first days ... it's just that their sales drop very quickly so I don't know what to think of this. As long as they sell over 200k I'll be happy though!
Old 17th June 2010, 12:56 AM
fairyland Initiate

here's QOP & BtR's first days from kattunlove @ LJ:

Queen of Pirates 1st day sales: 115,167
Break the Records - by you & for you- 1st day sales: 89,677

i didn't expect them to come up with the same numbers, but it's pretty decent...i think? my prediction will be 140-150k first week!

Old 17th June 2010, 07:57 AM
UNITE! Initiate

^Yep, I didn't think they would get these numbers and as sales are declining anyway it, it was kind of expected so I don't see it as a flop.

What happened to your N.M.P. Set? Though the new set is nice as well. Whose arm and hands are that on Kame?
Old 17th June 2010, 06:38 PM
SAKURA Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai82Go View Post
^Yep, I didn't think they would get these numbers and as sales are declining anyway it, it was kind of expected so I don't see it as a flop.

What happened to your N.M.P. Set? Though the new set is nice as well. Whose arm and hands are that on Kame?
aren't they kame's?

today's sales!
Quote:
*1 35,372 KAT-TUN

Old 17th June 2010, 09:55 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
aren't they kame's?
But isn't Kame's shirt a different colour? And he must be quite flexible to have his arms like that. So that one arm on his right cannot really be his arm.
Old 17th June 2010, 10:33 PM
BEST Initiate

100k! Still going strong!
Old 18th June 2010, 11:29 AM
fairyland Initiate

@Mai82Pro haha, i just felt like making my own set since it's summer vacation & i'm bored. i really wish i could make .gifs tho, lol. i took some from LJ for my previous "set". btw, it's Koki's hand on Kame's chin. and Maru's arm on his shoulder. here's the original picture

good sales!

Old 18th June 2010, 08:36 PM
UNITE! Initiate

^
*lol*, it's Mai82Go. I suspected it to be Koki's hand and Maru's arm. Man, I'm kind of obsessed if I recognize the KAT-TUN Members by their body parts. haha. Do you work with Photoshop? CS3? Then GIF making is actually a piece of cake. But I like your new set.

Sales are good. I think nobody really expected their sales to increase.
Old 19th June 2010, 12:19 AM
SAKURA Initiate

today's sales
Quote:
*1 16,874 KAT-TUN

Old 19th June 2010, 02:21 AM
fairyland Initiate

@Mai82Go OMG, fail on my part. my bad. i have Photoshop 6.0, but i haven't explored .gif making yet. maybe i'll mess around with it sometime, haha.

here's the total sales so far: 121,008

OMG I'M SEEING JIN TOMORROW. so i think you can expect a concert report Sunday or Monday PST(Pacific Standard Time)-ish.

Old 19th June 2010, 11:15 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
@Mai82Go OMG, fail on my part. my bad. i have Photoshop 6.0, but i haven't explored .gif making yet. maybe i'll mess around with it sometime, haha.

here's the total sales so far: 121,008

OMG I'M SEEING JIN TOMORROW. so i think you can expect a concert report Sunday or Monday PST(Pacific Standard Time)-ish.
Wow, you must be really excited. Can't believe it's happening already. I'm also curious if Jin will return to Japan after the Concerts are over. I doubt that he'll join KAT-TUN's tour though, especially now that they have so many songs that are done without him.
Old 20th June 2010, 07:34 AM
fairyland Initiate

just came back like an hour & a half ago. i'm still typing out everything and i need to see a setlist because i forgot the order already...haha. but i think it's the same setlist for his Japanese shows!

some quick bits to tide over before i post my report:
- it was definitely more of a music & dance show, than a concert. there were some theatrical elements, but mixed in with dance elements, of course.
- JIN LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HE DOES IN PICTURES, HOLY SHHHHH-
- Jin still needs to work on his English, LOLOLOL.
- show lasted from like 6:15pm to 9:00pm. only 1 intermission.

i just...can't believe i saw him. i'm really tired though. Los Angeles is an awesome city, especially Downtown LA where i saw him, BUT IT IS A BEAST.

Closed Thread

Tags
johnny's entertainment, kat-tun