[Translation] Music Station July 20, 2007 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Translations

Notices

Old 27th July 2007, 06:41 AM
End roll Initiate

[Translation] Music Station July 20, 2007

Someone on the download thread asked for a translation of the talk portion. It's rough, but it's in more natural English rather than word-for-word direct translation.

Translation (opening+talk+fated in music station 200707)

T(Tamori): Hamasaki Ayumi-chan is on her second consecutive appearance in two weeks. Nice to have you.
HA (Hamasaki Ayumi): Nice to be here.
DM (Dou Mariko): And this time, Ms. Hamasaki is going to unveil her current big hit from her new single, a love ballad entitled [faded].
T: Your garment is amazing, isn't it?
HA: Oh, thank you. I've a panda right here.
T: Don't look too closely. (laughs) I mean... with video recording, it won't be easy to edit. They'll make a fuss later. Well, glad to have you here.
HA: Glad to be here.
D: And the one who shown at number one this week: Hamasaki Ayumi. Thanks for coming.
HA: Thanks for having me.
D: The new single's promotion video was shot in Hong Kong and its story involves the fateful meeting of two starcrossed people and has been made into a short movie. And I understand that Ms. Hamasaki had a new challenge with this work...
T: What might that be?
HA: A kissing scene. This one is... just like a little peck... This scene is the same, but it... ah this one is more of a grown-up mood.
T: Now?
HA: Yeah
T: Can't see a thing. (laughs) Wha-? [the kiss is cut off just before...]
D: Ah, on the verge...
T: Yeah, it seems it isn't broadcast AFTER being on the verge (of the kiss). An you taped this kissing scene in Hong Kong, right?
HA: That's right. On a famous avenue... What was the name?
T: You did it in the streets?!
HA: Yeah. They were all shot on-location. And the Central Avenue is there and it's all blocked off for the shooting. But as you know, fans and the entire press corps were all right there right next to the location. So, the other scenes were fine, but the kissing scene was really tough.
T: What? Like how close?
HA: Like... right there just beyond the camera. Seemed like they were just peachy with the situation (lit. 'seemed like the situation was good for them')
T: Wow... Doing a kissing scene there: that must have been really tough on you!
HA: It was. I was feeling like "KNOCK IT OFF!" (laughs) Truly.
T: Was there anything else difficult to do?
HA: Difficult to do... Well, given the circumstances with people always so close by, it wasn't easy to do, but...
T: So bottom line is: at every location, there were people close by.
HA: They were always nearby, yeah. So it was awkward.
T: Yeah, so close to you that... like riding in a taxi, you never know if they're going to get in from the door on the other side!
D: That's true!
T: Okay, please stand-by.
HA: Okay, thank you.
D: Thank you. Well, all told, it's been passed on that the shooting took five days.
T: Yeah, so in Hong Kong--oh, right. Even when they're watching, it's like CONSTANT STARING. They take it seriously, staring right at you.
D: And the new song she will be singing tonight brings her singles to 41. It is a new song and love ballad. It shown at number one this week. Let's listen--FATED.
And I could walk that way...