Ayu on Michael Jackson - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 1st July 2009, 07:41 PM
No way to say Initiate

Ayu on Michael Jackson

Seeing as how MJ was (and always will be) known as the King of Pop who practically revolutionized everything in the music industry, I wondered if Ayu would have said anything about his recent death.

I know she probably knows about it, and I also know that she probably hasn't been personally inspired by his work (even though he established everything, Ayu's more of a Madonna fan).

But I was wondering if she has said anything in one of her messages or some kind of article somewhere?

I've been looking in the news forums, but didn't find anything, so I was wondering if anybody knew anything more.

Thanks.
Old 1st July 2009, 07:46 PM
Curtain call Initiate

i don't think she knows yet
Old 1st July 2009, 07:50 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ of course she does, EVERYBODY knows
Old 1st July 2009, 07:50 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by (me)JackieRos View Post
i don't think she knows yet
why wouldn't she know? i'm pretty sure everyone in the world who was access to the internet or tv is well aware, and even without it someone would probably tell her.
Old 1st July 2009, 07:53 PM
Two of us Initiate

Ayu made a odd Team Ayu post a few days back. Saying everyone is born alone and will die alone'. Maybe that's related to Michael. I don't know. People like BoA and Rain made statements maybe because they are in the American music industry as well as the Asians but Ayu should say something to pay respects.

Set made by labello.
Old 1st July 2009, 07:53 PM
Curtain call Initiate

if she knew don't you think she would have said something yet
well nobody know if ayu knows thats my point
unless she said to you i know mj died then ok
Old 1st July 2009, 08:10 PM
meaning of Love Protector

I wish she would, and hope she will.

Not just because I'm a massive fan of both, but I agree that she should pay her respects to mentioning MJ. There are a few little things she has done that I feel have been partly inspired (for example, PCDL performance of In the Corner). Even if it wasn't though, it would bring me some peace of mind if she acknowledged him as the great artist he was.

He influenced the world of music -- everywhere, not just in the US.
Old 1st July 2009, 08:46 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I don't want to sound rude, but here's my opinion: I really don't know why she ever "should" say something about Jackson's death...
If she isn't a fan on him or a listener, I don't see the point... Or she should also make a tribute to Farah Fawcett! Maybe she respect him (surely) but come on she really doesn't have to do it or even to think about it.
Personally I would even find it a bit akward if she does it "in public".
Yet I don't want to start an argument or a debate (too late? ).

Last edited by hidekirby; 1st July 2009 at 08:48 PM.
Old 1st July 2009, 08:53 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I actually think she doesn't need to make a statement, maybe she is sad about his death, maybe she thinks its really sad a person inspiring many people died early, but why should she do that in public?
Old 1st July 2009, 09:27 PM
GAME Initiate

Japanese celebrities probably feel less of a need to make formal public statements. Instead, a lot of them seem to be blogging about it. I'm sure Ayu is fond of MJ and is undoubtedly influenced by his work to some extent, but we probably shouldn't expect a statement. I'm sure that her dancers must be very upset though, and have probably discussed it with her. If there's any group of people that are lamenting MJ's death straight across the board, it's gotta be dancers.
Old 1st July 2009, 09:31 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Well shes not really come out and said anything but of cause she knows. Some Japanese artists have said some stuff, exampling - http://ameblo.jp/exochika/entry-10289057106.html

Old 1st July 2009, 09:38 PM
Initiate

if she does blog about him, i think it might be interesting..

~YouTube&twitter&Blog&Funny ScreencapsI+II+III~
::tumblr::

Old 1st July 2009, 09:51 PM
Over Initiate

No matter if she likes him or not, I think this could really be a shock for her. I mean, she is also on a big tour, she is also one of the biggest singers (though Asia only), so this could happen to her too, right? If she knows it, I guess it's something she have to try to not think about
Old 1st July 2009, 09:56 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkShinigami View Post
No matter if she likes him or not, I think this could really be a shock for her. I mean, she is also on a big tour, she is also one of the biggest singers (though Asia only), so this could happen to her too, right? If she knows it, I guess it's something she have to try to not think about
I was waiting for someone to say this. I am extremely worried bout Ayu. He probably died from drug overdose and those drugs were painkillers and stuff. Ayu's used painkillers before--like in the 2008-2009 countdown. She could get addicted and who knows--that could be fatal. Her touring schedule is hard even for a fit thirty-year-old women. It's not totally unrealistic.

Set made by labello.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:00 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ but ayu used pain killers when she was hurt TEMPORARILY, she doesnt have an illness(we know of) so the possibility that she becomes addicted is quite low
Old 1st July 2009, 10:10 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

IMO, I feel that ayu knows about his death but she does not feel the need to elaborate on it...
Old 1st July 2009, 10:23 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
^ but ayu used pain killers when she was hurt TEMPORARILY, she doesnt have an illness(we know of) so the possibility that she becomes addicted is quite low
I guess it depends on how strong the med is. For her to do those concerts she must have used pretty strong ones and the stronger ones are more lethal if abused.

Set made by labello.
Old 1st July 2009, 10:48 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by emikoishida View Post
I was waiting for someone to say this. I am extremely worried bout Ayu. He probably died from drug overdose and those drugs were painkillers and stuff. Ayu's used painkillers before--like in the 2008-2009 countdown. She could get addicted and who knows--that could be fatal. Her touring schedule is hard even for a fit thirty-year-old women. It's not totally unrealistic.
The painkillers ayu has used were probably NSAIDs. Almost the entire world uses NSAIds for pain. They have no potential of causing dependence from abstinence, though they can be abused if pain is a real problem. However, Micahel was on opioids which usually are used to treat the strongest kinds of pain that can't be controlled by NSAIDs alone. ayu hasn't probably resorted to those...yet, lol.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd July 2009, 01:08 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
I don't want to sound rude, but here's my opinion: I really don't know why she ever "should" say something about Jackson's death...
If she isn't a fan on him or a listener, I don't see the point... Or she should also make a tribute to Farah Fawcett! Maybe she respect him (surely) but come on she really doesn't have to do it or even to think about it.
Personally I would even find it a bit akward if she does it "in public".
Yet I don't want to start an argument or a debate (too late? ).
Agreed.
And I highly doubt she'll say anything now, he passed about a week ago anyway.
And everyone else was talking about MJ, so her making a statement would just be adding to the billions of other statements that were made already.

Not to be mean, but I've had enough with hearing about MJ in the news and stuff. >.< People die everyday, and most don't get recognized like he is and some of those people that die have made a bigger difference in the world than he has... x:
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:08 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I don't think that Ayu needs to make a statement. I'm of the same mind as hidekirby here, but the rest of the world has been spending the last week making statement after statement after statement.

Where were these people when he was alive? Only 2 weeks ago he was still "Wacko Jacko" to the majority of the world because of the media. The statements coming now from artists that never before mentioned him seems shallow.

Ayu has paid homage to him several times through her concerts, dancing etc. I don't think she needs to make a statement just because everyone else is doing it.

It reminds me of "The Eulogy Song" but enough about that ;D

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr