Music Forum Poll - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > Announcements

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the scope of the J-Pop/K-Pop Chat be expanded to any type of music?
No. 21 61.76%
Yes. 13 38.24%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16th July 2003, 12:28 AM
Wishing Guardian

Poll

Dear Initiates,

The AHS staff recently received a suggestion to create a new forum section for discussion of non-Asian music. However, there doesn't appear to be enough interest in music from other parts of the world to justify making a new forum. That leaves us with two options:

1. Leave everything as it currently is, i.e. discussion of Asian music in the J-pop forum and all other types of music in the Chat Room
2. Change the J-pop forum into a Music forum for discussion of any type of music regardless of genre.

Please think about it and let us know which you would prefer. The poll will be open for one week. Afterwards we will modify the forum or not, according to the will of the majority.

So should the scope of the J-Pop/K-Pop Chat be expanded to any type of music?
Old 17th July 2003, 12:49 AM
Banned

I didn't really think having a seperate section for "general" music wouldn't been too successful, so I think that with a "merged" forum of all types of music, things will still be active with jkpop/kpop/etc, and the latest stuff from American artists and such !
Old 17th July 2003, 12:59 AM
P.S II Initiate

i think most ppl here are hardcore ayu fans although there r a few who may like other artists from other genres...wut im trying to say is that i dont think there will be enough interest for a new section
Old 17th July 2003, 01:10 AM
independent+ Advisor

Y2KSPHINX, we're not going to add a new section. We're having the vote to decide whether the J-pop section should be changed to allow all types of music or not.

Don't contaminate the J-pop section!

On a more serious note, I hope the J-pop section is not changed. Most Ayu fans also have a passion for J-pop/K-pop/etc. I think that this is a great section for it. Having general music in there as well would make things strange. You'd see all of these j-pop topics, and then a random American musician thrown in there. Seems very weird to me. Not many people talk about music outside of J-pop/k-pop/etc. here on the forum so I don't think it's necessary.

I hope the J-pop section doesn't change.
Old 17th July 2003, 01:12 AM
Wishing Guardian

To clarify:

We are asking if the initiates would like to change the "J-pop" forum into a "General music" forum or not.

We already determined that there was insufficient interest to create another forum in addition to the J-pop forum.
Old 17th July 2003, 03:12 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I think this is mainly a Jpop forum, specifically Ayumi Hamasaki, and should stay that way. So I voted no.
Old 17th July 2003, 03:46 AM
Trauma Initiate

I would not like to change the jpop/kpop forum into a forum for all types of music. i think that the chat room can just be continued to be our 'all genre forum'. i wouldn't like to see the jpop/kpop section mixed with other music genres. imo.

Sus ojos miran el mundo triste
Su alma llora de compasion
La bella soledad

Old 17th July 2003, 05:17 AM
samuraiDRIVE

I don't see how it would taint anything? You never know the interest in a section until it's made. If it's not popular, then you can delete it.

But since that's not going to happen, and since I'm the one who proposed this idea, I voted yes.

Even though this is mostly a j-pop fandom, there's other music out there. Other music some people have never heard, and who may like if they heard it. Arabic, Spanish, Greek, Jamaican, Russian, Indian, African, French, Scandinavian, etc...

I think this will be a good way to learn about other country's music and broaden our horizons as well.
Old 17th July 2003, 07:47 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Maybe u can change the section "Jpop/kpop" to something else that can merged them.. I dont mind to haf another section.. but i think this will be better

Old 17th July 2003, 07:54 AM
Evolution Xavier

I didn't liked the idea simply because a "merged" forum will cause our initiates to search for their intended news for a longer period of time, which is very time-consuming.

Although we always tried to give our initiates what they want, but I think we need to stress the bottomline of this forum, which is we only emphasize on Asian Music rather than the Western Music.

I heard that a lot of people here tend to dislike or "fed-up" with western music..... so why should we merge a forum? I don't see any need for that.

Old 17th July 2003, 09:32 AM
samuraiDRIVE

Quote:
Originally posted by isaac hiew
I heard that a lot of people here tend to dislike or "fed-up" with western music..... so why should we merge a forum? I don't see any need for that.
1) It's not a western addition. It's a general addition. As I said before, everyone's heard western music and asian music. What about Arabic? Russian? Indian? African? Greek? German? etc...

2) Though some people are fed up with it, I think it's a bit broad to say that all people who like asian music are "fed up" with western music. There are artists from english speaking countries with amazing music, and are still making albums. There's no arguing with the credibility of staple artists and bands who are still making music.

3) I remember when people didn't like the other c-pop and k-pop section because we were strictly an Ayumi site. If you want to revert to what this site ephasizes, I suggest you remove everything that doesn't involve Ayumi in some way.
Old 17th July 2003, 10:22 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by samuraiDRIVE
I remember when people didn't like the other c-pop and k-pop section because we were strictly an Ayumi site. If you want to revert to what this site ephasizes, I suggest you remove everything that doesn't involve Ayumi in some way.
good point... i voted yes.

ṇiculover al aviv
Old 17th July 2003, 12:51 PM
Wishing Guardian

I'm not voting on this because I don't have an opinion either way. However I want to point out two facts:

1. I estimate there are about 50 general music topics in the chat room. If all of these threads were moved into the J-pop room only 1 in 12 topics would be about non-Asian music. So it isn't like J-pop topics would be drowned out by the others.

2. Whether the J-pop forum is changed or not we can always revisit the idea of creating a general music forum, if we start getting many threads about different kinds of music.
Old 17th July 2003, 05:33 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I'm going to add that if you guys really want to talk about other music and share it with people who share the same ideology, why not go to another forum? I see nothing wrong with being a memeber of multiple forums, I know I am.
Old 17th July 2003, 05:42 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

yeah yeah! Agree wid piccolo... nothing wrong..
Old 17th July 2003, 05:58 PM
girlish H-Initiate

Quote:
Even though this is mostly a j-pop fandom, there's other music out there. Other music some people have never heard, and who may like if they heard it. Arabic, Spanish, Greek, Jamaican, Russian, Indian, African, French, Scandinavian, etc...

I think this will be a good way to learn about other country's music and broaden our horizons as well.
Even though a section won't be created now, it's not like there's no place on this forum to talk about general music. There's the chat-room.

Like said, the idea can be revisited.

Ashley
Old 17th July 2003, 06:38 PM
samuraiDRIVE

Quote:
Originally posted by Piccolo
I'm going to add that if you guys really want to talk about other music and share it with people who share the same ideology, why not go to another forum? I see nothing wrong with being a memeber of multiple forums, I know I am.
You're missing the point. I'm not hoping to talk about music with people who also like it. I'm hoping to introduce people to something other than Asian music. There IS more out there, and believe it or not, some of it is really good.

I'm also hoping to learn more about what kinds of music other people like. You can learn a lot about other people by the type of music they listen to.

But it seems I'm talking to a brick wall by now, so I'm done.
Old 17th July 2003, 06:48 PM
girlish H-Initiate

I understand what you mean. Just because their isn't a totally new section doesn't mean you can't do that.

Right now I only see you pushing for it though. If we saw more people, then we'd probably think the demand is there. If we ever do, we can revisit the idea. If it happened today, I mean we'd still consider it.

If anyone has an opinion on this, please post here. It'll give us a better indication of what you want, which definately matters in this situation.

Ashley
Old 17th July 2003, 06:58 PM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
dont give up sD... rome werent built in a day, i think its a good idea, keep pushing it ^^^

A Song for XY
煽動、戦争、懺悔、告解、欺瞞、謎、愛、そして別離…。

歩き続ける 唄い続ける 辛い現実が そこに待ってても 必ず行くよキミはきっと キズつきながら そして  悲しみながら 喜びながら 進むべき道は ひとつだから
Old 17th July 2003, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
You're missing the point. I'm not hoping to talk about music with people who also like it. I'm hoping to introduce people to something other than Asian music. There IS more out there, and believe it or not, some of it is really good.

I'm also hoping to learn more about what kinds of music other people like. You can learn a lot about other people by the type of music they listen to.

Yes... I understand that too! The reason why I'm posting trance songs isn't just so people can say "hehe...cool". I'm hoping that with the songs I put up are something others will like, and hopefully, they'll go search for more songs and buy the CDs too. I've gotten good responses with some people I've talked with elsewhere when I show them trance music, and now they seem to be big fans of it too ! It's not a brainwashing thing or anything, but as samurai said, there's more than just asian music