Mad World full PV - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th June 2016, 10:12 PM
TO BE Initiate

yeah! i do appreciate it though, but its enough now. she has done enough, even too much. 'You be you, and I am I.' So can you, Ayu!

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 25th June 2016, 12:20 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next_Level29 View Post
she has been so critical to herself lately. its enough ayu, you do not need to sacrifice yourself all the time. You said that you werent yourself, you were crying at the intervew. those music videos shows exactly what you have to say. We still love you how you are, stop making you bad even if its such a great time! it bothers me that her speeches and what so ever she gives her fans is negative! you rock gürl
She used to give her fans more than a lot of other celebrities. I think she really cares for her fans and trying to not disappoint them. For me her actions proves she's a good person but she shouldn't feel sorry for being herself and living her life. If we care of her too we'll understand her decisions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Right? I mean Kumi didn't even have this much self-pity for herself after that whole rotten amniotic fluids scandal.
And she shouldn't.
Old 25th June 2016, 02:51 AM
Far away Initiate

Instead of the background video of her, I wish it was a black and white video of clips of current world events.

Just IMO.
Old 25th June 2016, 03:08 AM

I liked it better than Flower for sure, but the last bit with her looking off to the side seemed so weird, like the editor just gave up and used whatever footage at the end. I think a rain of black oil or whatever would've been better (I know its nothing new) because I felt that her just sitting in the black stuff was a little halfhearted but Im sure its because she didnt want to ruin that pretty dress.
Old 25th June 2016, 08:58 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baernash View Post
She used to give her fans more than a lot of other celebrities. I think she really cares for her fans and trying to not disappoint them. For me her actions proves she's a good person but she shouldn't feel sorry for being herself and living her life. If we care of her too we'll understand her decisions.

This is totally what I mean, she is a very good person.

All in all,
You're absolutely right. I do believe that she cares so much! she has proven it is still proving it to us!

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 25th June 2016, 09:50 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post
Instead of the background video of her, I wish it was a black and white video of clips of current world events.

Just IMO.
It's a good idea but I think she might not want to be too involved in this area maybe? Or too expressive on it. Politics, current affairs, economics, etc.
Old 25th June 2016, 10:23 AM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

What I found most interesting is how the whole screen at the end like burns up like a picture idk what you call that effect.. but it's interesting to me. Also I wanna know if there's any specific reasons for the scenes chosen in the background, if those were moments when she didn't feel happy or if those are her favorite moments or just random scenes

tumblr

Old 25th June 2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinHamasaki View Post

Just IMO.
The song is about living in "sick sad world" but it asking questions about the things - not giving a list of reason why this world is "mad". I believe Ayu wrote it like that on purpose so everyone of us can interpret it own way and think about what makes us sick about this world. I don't think she had any particular world event in mind so scenes showing her own past seems to be suitable (everyone has his/her own hell, right?).
Old 25th June 2016, 02:24 PM
Dolls Initiate

The video might be nothing spectacular, but I like it. It's very her.
Old 25th June 2016, 02:45 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

^Yes! And somehow when I watched it, the music and ayu's crying/singing really got me in that I had goosebumps and I was even about to cry when I saw those background clips where ayu was crying at her concerts. This MV is not the one that I will watch many times, because there's so little to happen, but still it has these emotional sides that are succeeded.

Old 26th June 2016, 12:15 AM
from your letter Initiate

Well, I like it, they lost some opportunities in the second chorus (making something more different, using other angles and cuts) and the play with the ink.
But it's wrapped, the shade takes form in the ink and it's thrown to her, I just wished that she was directly affected by the ink, like MOON.

One thing however wasn't very clear to me. In the end, they start to snip some of her PVs, but then the screen is cutted and when it returns, it shows Virgin Road and Microphone PVs onwards on a very quickly way, which I found it strange.

I may be overthinking, but IMO seems like she wants to express that her career is constantly reminded until 2007/2008 (as if they were her "golden years") and from that point onwards everything is seen on a blink. Based on this, she would surely know when everybody started to throw rocks on her and ask for her retirement, which is pretty sad...
Old 26th June 2016, 03:13 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I think I read somewhat the black ink was suposed to represent the negative reaction from the public... What I read as something like "I'm giving my all and the haters are still tainting my work no matter what" or "even if I put a happy face while I'm Ayumi the popstar, all this hate still taint the real me".

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th June 2016, 08:55 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

What I do find interesting is that she herself is the one tainting herself. The ink spreads and she may stand in it, but she is the one taking it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 26th June 2016, 01:27 PM
still alone Initiate

She should transform after first chorus and then splattered the ink all over the white screen like a mad woman
Old 26th June 2016, 02:48 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
What I do find interesting is that she herself is the one tainting herself. The ink spreads and she may stand in it, but she is the one taking it.
Maybe it's her lack of ability to just ignore it?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Tags
m(a)de in japan, mad world, made in japan