ASIA TOUR 2008 ~10th Anniversary~ setlists and pictures [V] - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th November 2008, 04:12 PM
ayu trance Initiate

well about theme of A-nation during CDL - yeah, she lypsynched that chorus part, i would agree
but then again, the beginnig of the perfomance is somehow unclear for me, when she began to sing, so i can't say for sure that whole perfomance was lyp synched
Old 16th November 2008, 04:35 PM
November Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangkhung91 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1-WlLj6-EY

A five minute clip from Taiwan with MW, ASFXX and my name's WOMEN.

And she didn't lip synch mnW cause she messed up the lyrics a bit.
Thanks.
She looks so awesome I love the way my name's WOMEN sounds.

| Set by me |

I love Stargate SG-1 even more now! Cuz in episode 9x12 there was a person called
Dr. Amuro

Old 16th November 2008, 07:48 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuready View Post
and besides, isn't it ayu's personal motto not to lip synch during her concerts?
Then why did she do it in Theme of A-Nation 03? And why do fans always seem to conveniently ignore that performance when discussing the lip sync issue? Because as much as people say there is no proof, I'm sorry but that video is proof - it is undeniable. So my question is, if she is going to lip synch a song as easy as Theme of A-Nation, why are people so unwilling to accept the possibility that she would lip synch songs in AT08 that are much more difficult? Why are people unwilling to accept that Marrionette, don't leave me alone, etc, all sound the same (not just the tone of voice, but the length she holds the notes in each performance) in all the bootleg or tv news broadcasts we have?

Now of course, Maikeru is correct that this probably won't ever be fully resolved. (until Ayu makes another theme of a-nation mistake and it is caught on close up) But I also think the problem lies less with whether Ayu lip synchs or not and more with why the fans are so seemingly personally offended by the idea that she sometimes does. [taskin.ayu] had the best response in that regard - it's lip synched, but who cares.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 16th November 2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 16th November 2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

^

Well said
Old 16th November 2008, 09:26 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Is the theme of a-nation '03 performance obviously lip synced because she wasn't breathing when it sounded like it? That's pretty much all I noticed.... I think the first time I watched it during the close up I would just think "God, she's gorgeous" and wasn't paying attention xD;;;;

At any rate, I think SunshineSlayer is right, who really cares... I think with all of the songs in Ayu's discography and as many performances as she's given in her career (TV and concert), if she lip syncs a few songs, so what!? I mean, I don't think she's giving us any less then her all. It would be one thing if she lip synced a all the time, but songs like theme of a-nation '03 that she barely sings, or harder songs with more choreography in the performance like Marrionette and (don't) leave me alone are nothing to get all worked up about xD;....
Old 16th November 2008, 10:18 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well... about the lip synch...

I have seen ayumi lip synching in the Asian Song Festival in South Korea where she performed B&G and M with a horrendous coreography...

I will not defend any sides but the AT08 lives didn't sound the same for me in... not even in the songs people says it sounds... They sure aren't very diferent, but there are smalls breath diferences and missed notes... And after all... she is not singing THAT good in this concert, actualy, her voice is awful in the my name's women and marionette ... If she really is lip-synching she should at least give that songs good vocals, cause I have seen her dancing and singing at the same time lot's better...

About lip-synching in general: You really can't say if someone is doing it or not if it isn't REALLY obvious (Britney's Gimme More).. small diferences between mouth movement and sound is not really a proof... even if you are watching it live from television, cause there's a diference of some minutes between filming and transmiting for edition... that's when they choose cameras and make sure not really bad will appears on TV... maybe the diference in video and sound in the AT05-06 live is bad editing... Pretty much all pop singes when perfoming something while dancing uses a backtrack of their own voices and sings a little louder than it... So if they can't sing something, it's harder to notice cause their voices are still heard... Madonna, Jolin and Namie uses it a lot... Beyonce too, but she uses it openly and don't mind dancing without singing sometimes... here in Brazil people said Kylie lip-synched cause she used this tatic... but it's not the same thing... she sings and her record voice is played at the same time... In DVD you can't really say anything... sound is heavily edited, so is image... They take like 3 days of performace and make one video... (The Hikaru's changing dress in budokan dvd). Someone said me M live at at07 was lip-synching, but her neck veins where all very visible... if she was not singing, she as screaming a lot to have that live body aspect (I believe that she really sang it...). Even live is hard to say how much a people is singing live... if he/she is using a microphone, there's a away to program the sound equipment to fix the singer's voice even live...

By the way... in at05, I read somewhere that she confirmed a verse of Happy Ending was lip-synched cause she couldn't sing in the position she was... Don't know if it's true...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th November 2008, 10:22 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, the HAPPY ENDING thing at the end is reallllly obvious. She sings the part in the arms Chisa-chan and it sounds totaalllly different from the live singing she was doing for the first 96% of the song..

Oh well. I'm over it and have been for ages. I think the debate about her lipsynching should be put to rest seeing as how for the most part, she sings live.
Old 16th November 2008, 10:59 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Well... about the lip synch...

I have seen ayumi lip synching in the Asian Song Festival in South Korea where she performed B&G and M with a horrendous coreography...
Yeah, actually that's true. That performance is for sure lip synch but a lot of people, myself included, didn't really count it because it was in Korea where 90% of the stuff is lip synched. I do remember there was some debate in particular about the M performance, everyone pretty much agreed that the Asia Song Festival was lip synch, but then someone pointed out that at the CDL which was just a month earlier (or something like that), the M that she performed there sounded incredibly similar, if not the same. I haven't watched the two performances in a long time in order to compare though so I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
About lip-synching in general: You really can't say if someone is doing it or not if it isn't REALLY obvious (Britney's Gimme More).. small diferences between mouth movement and sound is not really a proof... even if you are watching it live from television, cause there's a diference of some minutes between filming and transmiting for edition... that's when they choose cameras and make sure not really bad will appears on TV...
I just wanted to comment on this part and correct a bit. Live TV really is live - there is no delay of a couple of minutes for editing or anything like that. The delay may be seconds only (and that is usually only in the US because they want to make sure no one swears or anything). But in real live TV editing is done on the fly. There is a room with a director and a bunch of people at a console and the director will be like "switch to camera number 2" etc. That is why during live music shows occasionally you will accidentally get a shot of a camera that is pointed down at the floor for a second or one where the camera man is still trying to get into position. If they had time for real editing, they never would have allowed that shot of Ayu mouthing the wrong word on Theme of A-Nation to get in there in the first place or on music station which is a show that is filmed live, Yamashita Tomohisa's infamously bad lip synching incident wouldn't have been viewed by the public. (I still laugh everytime I think about that one^_^)

Wow, I actually did learn something from my short time at film school, haha.

And yeah, I think truehappiness is right, this is getting annoying going round and round in circles.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:10 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Hm... thanks^^

That Asia Song Festival was funny... in a brazilian forum a BoA fan used that video to prove that not only BoA did't sing live in Korea... If I remember the performace... I think some parts were live (like the ending of B&G in korean), but most of that used the album tracks...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th December 2008, 09:08 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Thank you!

Old 7th December 2008, 01:53 AM
End of the World Initiate

The lipsync issue is a really big deal in Japan..
Like, its almost like "you can't show us your real singing?? are you that bad???"
I really really doubt that she is lipsyncing in Asian Song Festival.
Like, extremely doubt it, because it is real bad taste.
For something that big, she would make sure that she was singing live.
It's disrespectful if she does lipsync in that kind of show.
If she did lipsync on that show, I am very surprised.
She seems to have a very honest outlook.
and she is representing Japan, if anything happened and lipsync went wrong, it looks bad.
So I have a really really bad time to believe that anyone wants to think she lipsynced there.

And the korean lyrics sound the same as the rest of the performance, and there are times where she sings that it just cannot be lipsynced, an altered beat, or an out of breath end in one of the sentences in M.
And you can clearly hear the backing track she always uses for the M high part =\

Sorry, I just really don't believe that you could say that she lipsynced the asia festival.
I don't mean to sounding rude.

But this thread is about the 10th anniversary, and lipsyncing topics always keep on going for ever...
so maybe we can just ignore the lipsync issue, and make a new topic about that one if you really need to..
Let's just talk about how amazing the introduction is..
Or how scary the marionette videos are... T T~~
Or the Mirrorcle World performance~~ I love that one.

I didnt expect independent to sound as good like it did~~~
Old 7th December 2008, 02:41 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Oh well. I'm over it and have been for ages. I think the debate about her lipsynching should be put to rest seeing as how for the most part, she sings live.
I really agree with you. If she has lipsynched, then she just has. Some people don't wanna accept it and honestly they don't have to if that's the way the wanna see it. It's not a big deal to me at all. I've seen her sing live for the majority of her 10 year career and I know she can sing live. That's good enough for me.
When I look at the News forum and see that this thread has new posts, I think someone might have posted some news or a vid or something else, but it's always people arguing over lip synching and bringing up the same points over and over...

Want free giftcards? Check this out.

set by ownsarai

Old 7th December 2008, 02:52 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Yeah if she lip syncs one or two songs every so often, does it really matter? Especially when the lip syncs are mixed with a majority of live songs??

Tags
asia tour, asia tour 2008, ayumi hamasaki, concert tour, setlists