[Acid Black Cherry] The 4th Thread - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 25th June 2017, 04:12 PM

[Acid Black Cherry] The 4th Thread

New Releases
Spoiler:

[2017.06.21]Acid BLOOD Cherry

CD+DVD

CD only

Tracklist CD:

01. THE RUINER
作詞・作曲・編曲:RYO

Guitar:YUKI (DUSTAR-3 / Rayflower)
Bass , Chorus & Programming:RYO (defspiral)
Drums:YOUTH-K!!!
Strings:Mekaru Strings
Strings arrange:Rose Takano / RYO (defspiral)

02. BAD BLOOD
作詞:JUN 作曲・編曲:長野典二

Guitar:浦田尚克
Drums:KEN'ICHI (LOKA)
Loud Vocal , Bass & Programming:長野典二 (everset / Crack6 , etc.)

03. BEAST
作詞・作曲・編曲:RYO

Guitar:YUKI (DUSTAR-3 / Rayflower)
Bass & Programming:RYO (defspiral)
Drums:YOUTH-K!!!

04. crimson
作詞:室姫深 / 3+3 mimie 作曲・編曲:室姫深

Guitar & Programming:室姫深
Bass:T$UYO$HI (The BONEZ / Pay money To my Pain)
Drums:ZAX (The BONEZ / Pay money To my Pain)

05. BLACK OUT
作詞:MASA☆ 作曲・編曲:HIRO

Guitar:HIRO (La’cryma Christi)
Bass:SHUSE (†яi¢к / La’cryma Christi)
Drums:淳士 (SIAM SHADE / BULL ZEICHEN 88)
Keyboard:Rose Takano

06. Sweet dEvil
作詞:KOTO 作曲・編曲:SHUSE

Rap:KOTO

07. Forbidden Bells
作詞・作曲・編曲:Leda

Guitar, Bass & All Instruments:Leda

08. RIDE into the FATE
作詞:緋村剛 作曲・編曲:長野典二

Guitar:浦田尚克
Drums:KEN'ICHI (LOKA)
Loud Vocal , Bass & Programming:長野典二 (everset / Crack6 , etc.)

09. KEDAMONO
作詞:AKIHIDE 作曲・編曲:HIRO

Keyboards:Hal (ANCIENT MYTH)

10. Guilty Cry
作詞:JUN 作曲・編曲:tatsuo

Chorus:rei / 後藤裕美
Guitar & Programming:tatsuo
Bass:IKUO (BULL ZEICHEN 88 / Rayflower)
Drums:青山英樹
Keyboards:渡辺壮祐

Tracklist DVD:
■BAD BLOOD 【MUSIC CLIP】
■yasuと参加ミュージシャンによるスペシャル対談
・yasu × RYO (defspiral)
・yasu × 緋村剛 , tatsuo ,長野典二

About Acid Black Cherry
Spoiler:

Members:

Vocals: yasu (Janne Da Arc)

Live Support:

Guitar: AKIHIDE (BREAKERZ)
Guitar: YUKI(DUSTAR-3)
Bass: SHUSE (ex La'cryma Christi)
Drums: Jun-ji (ex Siam Shade)

ex Live Support:

Guitar: Chisato (PENICILLIN)
Drums: MAKOTO

yasu about the name "Acid Black Cherry":
(note: excerpts of the interview translations are taken from Kiku's Translations! Please have a look on this wonderful site for more ABC (and also Janne) translations.)
  • Why did you choose the name "Acid Black Cherry"?

It has to do with the overlying theme of my solo project, that being "eroticism". I thought that with such a theme, I could personally bring out my own, natural self in the best way possible. Of course, I plan to expand on this with both visual and melodic aspects. So, I chose words that would bring forth this kind of erotic atmosphere to use as my proper name for this project. Eh...also since the acronym is "ABC", too. (Laughs.)
  • As a popular alias, you go by "ABC"...it's like you're interviewing as a new artist (Laughs). So, we want to hear how you came up with that name.

Really, I was just messing around with words. (Laughs) At first, I thought, I should come up with a name that doesn't put me on the chopping block, so to speak, and that's when I thought that I should call myself something that falls into the erotic theme that I've been using. Somehow, the members of a band called "Black Cherry", with that sexual energy, would complete the vision, or something (Laughs)

Haha, it just came out of nowhere, then (Laughs). So, "c" and "d" are a representation of "cherry", did you mean it that way?

Yes. (Laughs) And then, there are words like "Acid" that we have, right? "Acid Black Cherry"... "ABC"...it sounds good in your head, doesn't it? Ah, yeah, that's good, I thought. (Laughs) The process was lighthearted like that. ABC, it's nice to keep it simple, right?
  • 生 crude, raw

There's nothing else that comes to mind to a guy when he hears the word "crude" than it, right? (Laughs.) My ideal is vulgarity! I think any guy thinks the same way when it comes to a steady girlfriend. Recently, I haven't been in love, or been to C yet, either...(Laughs)
    Eh?! Young people don't say ABC anymore?! In our day, A was kissing, B was everything that came after that, and C was sex. Man, even though I put it in my lyrics. Even though I made sure that Acid Black Cherry abbreviates as "ABC". They really don't say that anymore...eh...I feel the generation gap now...

Discography
Spoiler:

Albums

Cover Albums

Live Albums
Singles
  • [2007.07.18] SPELL MAGIC
  • [2007.09.26] Black Cherry
  • [2007.11.28] Aishitenai (愛してない; I don't love you)
  • [2008.01.16] Fuyu no Maboroshi (冬の幻; Winter's Illusion)
  • [2008.08.27] 20+∞Century Boys
  • [2008.11.26] Jigsaw (ジグソー)
  • [2009.02.18] Nemuri Hime (眠り姫; Sleeping Princess)
  • [2009.07.29] Yasashii Uso (優しい嘘; Tender Lie)
  • [2010.08.18] Re:birth
  • [2011.06.08] Shoujo no Inori III (少女の祈り III; Girl's Prayer III)
  • [2011.09.21] Pistol (ピストル)
  • [2011.10.19] Shangri-La (シャングリラ)
  • [2011.11.16] Chou (蝶; Butterfly)
  • [2011.12.21] CRISIS
  • [2012.01.18] Yes (イエス)
  • [2013.08.07] Greed Greed Greed
  • [2013.11.20] Kuroneko ~Adult Black Cat~ (黒猫 ~Adult Black Cat~; Black Cat ~Adult Black Cat~)
  • [2014.03.11] Kimi ga inai, ano hi kara... (君がいない、あの日から…; You aren't here, since that day...)
  • [2014.10.22] INCUBUS

Links
Spoiler:
Official Site

avex Official Site

Profile on generasia

Kiku's Translations - Janne Da Arc Translation Site - I love this site! It hasn't just translations of Janne Da Arc songs, it also features translations of all Acid Black Cherry songs and a lot of interviews with yasu. Especially the interviews are fun to read. I highly recommend "yasu no Saikin Donna Kanji?", it's a serial interview column with yasu from CD Data.
Old 25th June 2017, 04:37 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

From previous thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I'm a little surprised, because I often hear people say they order via HMV, but everytime I search via their store, I can't find the releases of Japanese artists. Are we talking about the same HMV?

Yeah it doesn't matter if I use EMS or airmale. Packages that were shipped from outside the EU always will be checked by the customs office and if the value of the package isn't declared on the outside, I have to pick it up at the customs office and bring an invoice with me.

Most things in Germany you buy are taxed with 19%, since I didn't pay taxes when I bought something from Japan, I have to pay the tax when it arrives or otherwise they won't hand it over.

You don't have to pay customs if the value of what you ordered doesn't exceed 30€. I made the experience that often they will let packages with a value of under 50€ also pass, but for everything that is around 60€ of value I definiteley have to pay custom taxes.

That's why I prefer YesAsia over CDJapan, because they seem to have an office in the Netherlands (if I remember correctly), since their packages are send from there. And since the Netherlands are in the EU, I don't have to pay taxes. But with YesAsia you never know if you will get first press or not, that's why I order via CDJapan in the end.

And I made a new thread btw: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123694
This's HMV Japan's website - http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/

For me before I started buying Japanese releases online , I had no idea you have to pay custom tax if you're living in other countries like in Europe

I think I also have to pay custom tax here but the amount limit is quite high , probably about S$2,000 or something ? That I don't know but I'm real lucky I don't have to pay

I had bad experience with YesAsia even though their customer service is quite good despite my multiple complaints . Their headquarters are in Hong Kong but yet the last parcel I ordered through them , it took way too long , an airplane flight from here to Hong Kong is about 4-5 hours & I had to wait 2 weeks+ which's

I guess end of the day that's why most people prefer ordering via CDJapan , especially if you're living in Europe . I only use them if I order 1 item but most of the time I buy multiple releases , I always use HMV even though in recent times , EMS is not as cheap as they used to be

Anyway I'm real pleased that avex Taiwan has started to make ABC's releases in recent times . Not all but at least they've made for Acid BLOOD Cherry . It's cheaper for me & I don't mind to wait cos if avex Taiwan made it , I will get Taiwan press

If not , then I will get Japan press due to cost & DVD region code difference

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Last edited by KarenPang; 25th June 2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 25th June 2017, 05:02 PM

Ah thank you! Next time I will see if HMV is cheaper for me than CDJapan.
Old 25th June 2017, 05:17 PM

You probably will still stick with CDJapan as HMV Japan have the following cons that might discourage you from using them

- Only accept credit card for international orders , unlike domestic orders within Japan where they accept a wide variety of payment methods

- Only use EMS as shipping option for international orders

- Poster(s) is/are folded and stuffed inside the padded envelope (that's if you don't mind folded posters)

- For EMS shipping fee (http://www.hmv.co.jp/help/6000008/) , the chart they created , all the costs listed are only estimates so there's always a chance you will pay more for the shipping cost if the items you order are heavy but HMV Japan has an option for you to select if like to be informed of the change of the delivery cost when confirming your order . If you do not select the option , your order will be shipped with the actual shipping fee without asking you

- Unlike CDJapan , HMV Japan sometimes are not so accurate in stating if 1st press bonus are still available cos in the past at times , on the website HMV will state they ran out of 1st press bonus but I still will receive them inside the parcel

Ok that's all I can think of for now haha

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 25th June 2017, 07:16 PM

Thank you for the detailed review!
I guess I have to stick with CDJapan though, since I don't have a credit card (in Germany you usually don't use them). But I was thinking about getting one before I go to Japan, maybe I will try HMV in the future.
Old 26th June 2017, 11:37 AM

^ If you're living domestically in Japan , you don't have pay shipping charges if you spend 2,500 Yen & above via HMV

Tower Records Japan also offers free domestic shipping & the spending limit is even lower ie. 1,500 Yen

===

Acid BLOOD Cherry 6th day sales - 2,213

The album stays put at #2 over the weekend . Real curious to see if yasu can get another #1 again

Old 27th June 2017, 03:42 AM

Acid BLOOD Cherry sold 46K copies in the 1st week & this's yasu's 2nd release to get #1 after 『2012』

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2093117...?ref_cd=tw_pic

Congrats

Old 27th June 2017, 09:07 AM

Acid BLOOD Cherry 1st week sales - 45,959

Old 27th June 2017, 12:25 PM

Is this photo included in both versions of Acid BLOOD Cherry , CD sleeve wise ?

https://twitter.com/TeamABCofficial/...83887113895937

Old 27th June 2017, 05:33 PM

^I don't think it is included in any of them. Booklets for both versions are different, btw.

I have to say I really enjoy the album. Love this classy visual kei style from the 2000's you hear a lot in most of the songs.
It's pretty obvious that every composer wanted to write a song that has a lot of energy in it and wouldn't be a "filler track", which makes the songs overall more fast paced.
In the end you have a pretty dark album with fast paced tracks which have a cliché visual kei sound with a lot of elements from the 2000's.
Since I grew up as a teen with visual kei and was part of the german visual kei scene, it's very nostalgic for me to listen to this album and I like it a lot.
But most of the lyrics are real bad. lol First of all, there is more engrish than japanese and they are as bland and cliché as it can get. lol That I really don't like. But since it's a spin-off album I let it pass.
If it would have been a true ABC album, I would have been disappointed, but as a 10th anniversary project it's a great album! I love love love the concept and the overall sound of the album!
Old 28th June 2017, 03:51 AM

Acid BLOOD Cherry is an interesting not your typical 10th anniversary release

I agree that most of the songs are really fast paced , I was hoping for a ballad or 2 but they might stick out like a sore thumb

And I feel this release will appeal to Visual Kei fans cos of the vibes I get from some songs

That said , if BAD BLOOD didn't get a PV , the next alternative song that should get a PV should be RIDE into the FATE

I also like Forbidden Bells & Guilty Cry too

Old 28th June 2017, 01:51 PM

I listen to RIDE into the FATE a lot. I also really like KEDAMONO.

Aaaand yasu actually did it. The album reached no 1 with 45.959 copies sold.
Old 30th June 2017, 08:26 AM

5music Taiwan just shipped out my copy of Acid BLOOD Cherry , this's the 1st release I bought of ABC in Taiwan press mode

avex Taiwan started making ABC's studio albums from 2012 onwards . I didn't bought the Taiwan press of L cos avex Taiwan made the version I didn't want haha

Old 10th July 2017, 05:19 AM

I just received my Taiwan press copy of Acid BLOOD Cherry and I'm looking at the lyrics booklet now

I'm surprised quite a lot of songs in the album have considerable no. of English/Engrish lyrics :O

I think I need to relisten to the songs cos it's quite obvious yasu's English pronunciation ain't that good , LOL

Old 10th July 2017, 06:19 PM

BAD BLOOD .ts

http://katfile.com/ozl54o8fwgo4/badblood_mon.rar.html
http://www.mexashare.com/53hcojm5xnvt/badblood_mon.rar
http://nitroflare.com/view/8957AAE38...dblood_mon.rar
http://rapidgator.net/file/1f4cf7b6e...d_mon.rar.html
http://uploaded.net/file/w2hnvo0t/badblood_mon.rar

http://jpfiles.blog138.fc2.com/blog-entry-29173.html

Old 10th July 2017, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
I just received my Taiwan press copy of Acid BLOOD Cherry and I'm looking at the lyrics booklet now

I'm surprised quite a lot of songs in the album have considerable no. of English/Engrish lyrics :O

I think I need to relisten to the songs cos it's quite obvious yasu's English pronunciation ain't that good , LOL

Haha yes, like I said, most of the lyrics are pretty bad actually.
Old 15th July 2017, 08:55 AM

yasu & others sent flowers to BREAKERZ Debut 10th Anniversary 【BREAKERZ X】 MEMORY today at Tokyo's Toyosu PIT

https://twitter.com/jurian27/status/886117880177217536

Old 19th July 2017, 06:58 AM

1 day late but happy 10th anniversary to yasu

SPELL MAGIC is still epic & never fails to bring in the LOL's xD

Old 19th July 2017, 05:05 PM

AKIHIDE blogged about ABC's 10th anniversary

http://blog.livedoor.jp/akihidelife/.../52189644.html

It's interesting that ABC & BREAKERZ's 10th anniversaries debut dates are exactly 1 week apart from each other

Old 19th July 2017, 10:16 PM

Oh, I didn't realised since I was busy with exams. lol
But yes, SPELL MAGIC is great and the PV just epic.