[Ken Hirai] The 6th thread - Ken's Bar 2021 -ONLINE- DVD/Blu-ray (11.05.22) - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 30th August 2018, 08:51 PM
Initiate

Agree. And yes, here's hoping for a physical release! There were no goods unfortunately.
Old 30th August 2018, 11:25 PM
still alone Initiate

Yeah, no goods. Not even his albums on display for purchase. Was a bit disappointed about that.
Old 31st August 2018, 03:26 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
Agree. And yes, here's hoping for a physical release! There were no goods unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
Yeah, no goods. Not even his albums on display for purchase. Was a bit disappointed about that.
Aww what a shame D: It's surprising if not weird that Ken's releases & also past concert goods weren't available for sale :O

Oh well at least you guys saw him perform in your country that's all it matters and for once you don't need to fly over to Japan to see Ken in concert

From the photos uploaded , Sony Hall looks like a great cosy venue for concerts to get organised

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 31st August 2018, 11:51 PM
Initiate

^ It was a shame there were no goods, I would've liked to buy something, an album at least or something. I still had to fly to New York, but it was a very short flight and my friend lives very close to the Sony hall, so I was able to both see friends and save on accommodations, which is good since I did two trips to Japan earlier this year to see Namie and Ayu and that cost more than I'd like to admit haha. I think I missed seeing ken in Japan by about a week, so when you posted about the New York Live I was very excited.

It was interesting though that most of the attendees actually flew over from Japan to see him in New York. I spoke to a whole bunch of people and they said like 90% or more of the VIP ticket holders were fan club members from Japan and they sold out (by lottery) in minutes. A Japan tour company actually organized a trip from 3 major airports: Narita, Haneda and Osaka. But the venue was great. I was near the back but still close enough that he walked right in front of me and I was able to tap him on the shoulder

Last edited by AJFmzk; 1st September 2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 1st September 2018, 05:09 AM

Oh right sorry about that , I assumed you live in New York but guess not x)

Ken rarely performs in very small venues in Japan , at most smallest it's Hall venues

I'm sure Ken easily sold out May's Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Members Special !! + Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special !! vol.1 cos TOKYO DOME CITY HALL can accommodate about 1,600 fans for a seated concert

Ken has no problems selling out Arena related venues like Yokohama Arena , Osaka Jo Hall , Chiba's Makuhari Messe with ease

The smallest venue I know Ken has performed in Japan was Ken's Bar BEST SONG COLLECTION ~Live at Blue Note Tokyo~ and Blue Note Tokyo can only accommodate 280 fans so you can imagine the close proximity

For artistes' fanclubs especially for overseas trips , they tend to bundle accommodation and fanclub related events together . And yes you have to ballot for them no matter how expensive the cost is

But if I'm a fanclub member , I would do that cos not only you get to see Ken perform overseas in a different performance setting , you also can do sightseeing of your own if you never been to a particular country outside of Japan so killing 2 birds with 1 stone on that note x)

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 2nd September 2018, 02:13 AM
Initiate

^no worries, I don't live in New York but I'm not far from it so as soon as I saw Ken was performing there I got tickets right away and was able to figure out travel plans later. And it really was the perfect venue. I've seen some of ken's bigger tours on DVD and they're really cool but I actually preferred the acoustic show in this small venue, just him and the band no dancers or anything. He looked more relaxed and was making jokes. But it's good being versatile like that to allow fans in closer proximity, not everyone on his level would do that.

That's interesting that fan clubs organize overseas trips, that's pretty cool. I'd do that for sure. I know at least a few people came from Los Angeles and the girl who requested Pop Star said she's from New Jersey but as far as I know most came from Japan.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 2nd September 2018 at 02:29 AM. Reason: As
Old 2nd September 2018, 06:17 AM

Oh yeah Ken might look stoic and all that but in reality he's very funny , if his singing career doesn't work out he can consider a comedian as a 2nd career option

For fanclub organised overseas trips , that's not uncommon , other artistes also do that too & normally hotel accommodation + plane charges are offered besides the main fanclub event

The prices ain't cheap but despite this fanclub members are still required to ballot as limited slots are available

Also tickets for Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2 were based on 1st come 1st server basis which's the common norm in here but not in Japan where you wouldn't know your ticket number until you receive the tickets

Old 9th September 2018, 04:01 PM

Voice actor Miyano Mamoru held his Laugh & Peace presents Miyano Mamoru Anniversary Live ~REQUESTⅡ~ concert today at Yokohama Arena

In the request corner section , 1 of the songs that Miyano sung as part of fans' request is Ken's Boku wa Kimi ni Koi wo Suru

https://twitter.com/MaMo2Mo/status/1038753603782041600

That's pretty cool

Old 11th September 2018, 08:37 PM
still alone Initiate

I received my copy of Utabaka 2 today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Nonfiction is in the tracklist. It wasn't listed on YesAsia or on generasia, then I went to check his official site and it's listed there. I also see on generasia they have the catalog number as BVCL807 but my copy (and what's listed on Ken's site) adds a -10 to the end of it.

Does anyone (looking at you Karen lol) know if there was a second version released or if Nonfiction was possibly added last minute? Those are the only 2 explanations I can think of. I'm just curious lol
Old 12th September 2018, 04:58 AM

Quote:
I received my copy of Utabaka 2 today and I was pleasantly surprised to see that Nonfiction is in the tracklist. It wasn't listed on YesAsia or on generasia, then I went to check his official site and it's listed there. I also see on generasia they have the catalog number as BVCL807 but my copy (and what's listed on Ken's site) adds a -10 to the end of it.

Does anyone (looking at you Karen lol) know if there was a second version released or if Nonfiction was possibly added last minute? Those are the only 2 explanations I can think of. I'm just curious lol
I assume you bought the 4 CDs version of Utabaka 2 ?

I checked back the previous Ken thread , when Utabaka 2 was 1st announced for release last April , Non Fiction (be it the song and/or PV) wasn't included initially

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=221

But about a month before Utakaba 2 was released last July , Non Fiction eventually was included in both the CD + Blu-ray tracklist

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=272

I think Ariola Japan received feedback from Ken's fans and they requested Ariola Japan to include Non Fiction in cos Utabaka 2 supposed to include all the songs Ken released from 2006 until last year (not counting the 4 CDs version that has Ken singles from 1995 - 2017)

And the release time difference between Non Fiction & Utabaka 2 was only about a month apart each other

===

Looks like half of me will finally see the light in getting a physical CD release as it has been chosen to be used to promote Fuji TV's new drama Tasogare Ryuuseigun ~Jinsei Orikaeshi , Koi o Shita~

Tasogare Ryuuseigun ~Jinsei Orikaeshi , Koi o Shita~ will start airing on Fuji TV from 11th Oct onwards and half of me is Ken's 17th song that he has provided to be used in TV dramas

Currently it's not known if half of me will be released as Ken's next single

https://natalie.mu/music/news/299253
https://www.fujitv.co.jp/tasogare/index.html
https://twitter.com/TASOGARE_2018/st...49988685361152

For the record , Ken 1st performed half of me way back in his Ken's Bar concert in July 2009 and half of me is a sequel to even if

Up to now , half of me has never been included in a physical Ken release but despite this , Ken has performed the song numerous times in past Ken's Bar concerts , including the recent Ken's Bar 20th Anniversary Special!! Vol.2

I think it's about high time for half of me to get released in a CD

Last edited by KarenPang; 12th September 2018 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12th September 2018, 06:50 AM
still alone Initiate

^Thanks for answering my question, Karen! Didn't even think to link in previous threads/posts. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

And I definitely agree. Would love to have "half of me" on a release. It was great to hear it live and I really wanted to go home and listen to it right after.
Old 12th September 2018, 03:17 PM

Tasogare Ryuuseigun ~Jinsei Orikaeshi , Koi o Shita~ Twitter posted preview snippets of half of me

https://twitter.com/TASOGARE_2018/st...68693083418624
https://twitter.com/TASOGARE_2018/st...63905239261185

Not really surprised that half of me sounds like a continuation of even if

even if is still 1 of Ken's best singles and sometimes during his non Ken's Bar and Ken's Bar concerts , the instrumental of even if is used as the closing song

Old 16th September 2018, 01:46 PM

Asadesu , Mezamashi TV & ZIP! TV tomorrow morning will broadcast footages from yesterday's WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~ that Ken performed in

https://twitter.com/asadesu0600/stat...55893080240128
https://twitter.com/cx_mezamashi/sta...53243626708992
https://twitter.com/cx_mezamashi/sta...57277972520960
https://twitter.com/ZIP_TV/status/1041280724748263425

Ken's standalone performance :

even if
POP STAR
WANT ME, WANT ME

While Ken sung Grotesque with Namie during her setlist , naturally

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=500

lol Ken sung Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME again but I think he wasn't rooted on his bar stool seat like what happened during Ken’s Bar 2017 X’mas Special !! concert but I could be wrong xD

Old 16th September 2018, 02:53 PM
Initiate

^thats a pretty good mini setlist, as well as live version of grotesque. I wonder if the full version of the show will be broadcast st some point...
Old 16th September 2018, 08:30 PM

Photos of Ken at Sat's WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~

With Namie onstage when they sung Grotesque together

https://natalie.mu/music/news/299972

That photo of Ken hugging Namie onstage is so sweet & I'm so grateful that 2 of my favourite Japanese solo artistes did something together before Namie retired

The fact that Ken waited so long to put out a duet single with it to feature Namie , it all the more made things special

I wonder if Ken plans to release another duet as a single in the near future only time will tell

And I'm sure Ken was singing Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME in the 3rd photo

So looks like my guess of Ken rooted down to his seat when he sung WANT ME, WANT ME was not wrong , again xD

Old 16th September 2018, 10:29 PM
still alone Initiate

I remember when the Grotesque single was announced. The duet seemed so otherworldly because I think it's probably the only time 2 of my all time favorite J-Pop acts collaborated. Still seems a bit surreal to me. I love that they performed it before her retirement.

Also, the sun glasses were a nice touch, especially if he was singing WANT ME, WANT ME
Old 17th September 2018, 05:02 AM

Quote:
I remember when the Grotesque single was announced. The duet seemed so otherworldly because I think it's probably the only time 2 of my all time favorite J-Pop acts collaborated. Still seems a bit surreal to me. I love that they performed it before her retirement.

Also, the sun glasses were a nice touch, especially if he was singing WANT ME, WANT ME
Yeah I remembered when news broke they're collaborating on a duet , I couldn't believe it and I also wonder why it took them so long to work on something together

I feel that Grotesque was worth the wait & for it to be Ken's so far only single to feature another artiste , it means something . He can collaborate with so many other talented artistes & yet he chose Namie to be featured in the song which was great

I'm surprised Ken like Namie's WANT ME, WANT ME a lot & for him to sing it again on Sat's WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~ , it was flattering yet funny at the same time

Anyway , Ken will be performing at TV Asahi Dream Festival 2018 today that will be held at Chiba's Makuhari Messe

TV Asahi Dream Festival 2018 started on Sat & today is the last day of the event

http://dreamfestival.jp/artist/date-17

TV Asahi already set up Ken's name up on the dressing room last night

https://twitter.com/gochan_V/status/1041326845973561344

TV Asahi last year aired footages from TV Asahi Dream Festival 2017 so I hope the same thing will happen this year again

Old 18th September 2018, 10:28 AM

Photos of Ken at yesterday's last day of TV Asahi Dream Festival 2018

Ken's setlist

01. Love Love Love
02. Mahoutte Itte Ii Kana?
03. Non Fiction
04. Todokanaikara
05. Kimi no Suki na Toko
06. POP STAR
07. half of me

https://natalie.mu/music/news/300099

Good setlist & this's the 1st time that Ken performed half of me in a non Ken's Bar concert/tour

The article also wrote that the last time Ken performed in TV Asahi Dream Festival was 5 years ago & he joked that out of all the other performers that performed yesterday , he's the oldest haha

Also , personal life wise , Ken said that his late grandmother passed away recently & she was 101 , wow :O

Ken concluded his setlist with half of me and only a piano backed him up vocally

Lastly , footages of TV Asahi Dream Festival 2018 will be aired on TV Asahi in Jan 2019

Old 18th September 2018, 09:19 PM
still alone Initiate

^He looks great. I've really grown to like these outfits of his haha. Great setlist indeed.
Old 19th September 2018, 08:18 AM

Brief snippet of Ken singing Namie's WANT ME,WANT ME and his duet of Grotesque with Namie onstage at last Sat's WE ♡ NAMIE HANABI SHOW Zen Yasai ~I ♡ OKINAWA / I ♡ MUSIC~

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av32000413

I know I shouldn't laugh at Ken singing WANT ME,WANT ME but xD