ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [V] - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th October 2009, 09:15 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGames View Post
Yea, In The Corner is 100% sure playback. I could name the reasons but it's hard to explain to someone who hasn't seen it live.

Sparkle really wasn't playback, at least at my concert. You could hear by her "improvising". By improvising I don't mean actual ad lipping, but changing the vocals around like live singers do. :3 Like instead of 'naaaii' > 'naa AAAaiii'... If you understand..lol
If that's the case, then it would seem at least by that clip, that she changed it for the last concert. Or as many have been saying, that the verses are live but the choruses playback.

But yeah, In the Corner I was already expecting since it was at PCDL.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 28th October 2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:20 PM
Initiate

Meh. I was looking forward to In The Corner, too. >_< Ah well.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I don't mind if ayu lip sync, its extremely tiering to put on a show as she does and the lip sync is more of a rest for her voice for the other songs, and I hope but don't hope that the tour will becomes another Asia tour, her Asia tour 08 looked better after she finished her Japanese leg of the tour but it means longer wait for the dvd but theres the TV version coming soon so theres something to look forward to if it becomes asia tour 09

Old 29th October 2009, 12:54 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
If that's the case, then it would seem at least by that clip, that she changed it for the last concert. Or as many have been saying, that the verses are live but the choruses playback.

But yeah, In the Corner I was already expecting since it was at PCDL.
I dunno, I don't think you can really judge Sparkle as playback from one clip. Her voice does sound perfect, but IMO her voice sounded that good a lot during the concert. If everytime was playback...lol. But like you said, it's possible the chorus was playback and not the verse, I dunno lol. x_x
Old 29th October 2009, 02:00 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Well at least from what people were saying is that at earlier concerts they didn't think Sparkle sounded good live at all and you said it obviously sounded live to you, yet in that clip it doesn't sound like that and is basically perfect. So for that performance at least it seems like there is at least a strong backtrack going on.
Old 29th October 2009, 02:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The thing about Sparkle, I guess is that you hear a backtrack singing along with her...? So would that make it a backing track behind a backing track + Peco/Princess?
Old 29th October 2009, 02:18 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
^ Well at least from what people were saying is that at earlier concerts they didn't think Sparkle sounded good live at all and you said it obviously sounded live to you, yet in that clip it doesn't sound like that and is basically perfect. So for that performance at least it seems like there is at least a strong backtrack going on.
I hear that too, and backtrack =/= lipsync imo.

Anyway, like many others, I want the DVD out asap... can't wait to watch this colorful concert!

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 29th October 2009, 02:27 AM
ayu trance Initiate

i don't understand why lipsyncing is thought of as being such a horrible thing. she chooses to lipsync them or sing over a loud backing track for a reason: she doesn't feel she can perform the song well enough not to lipsync it. her voice is a lot deeper now and EnergizE would probably sound really bad if she was doing all of that and singing, probably sounding really deep and out of breath.

in rollin' her voice is already deep so it was easier for her to sing in that lower register. i'm on the fence about Sparkle, some parts sound live and not so much. it sounds good though and several members have said that was the worst vocal performance, so it will probably sound good in the TV broadcast.

NEXT LEVEL Tour looks to be an entertaining show, i hope the TV broadcast will show many of the songs.
Old 29th October 2009, 02:29 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

IMO,she can choose not to sing that song if she thinks she can't handle the song.
its abit risky to choose to lip synching like what she had done for angel's song during PCDL.

Old 29th October 2009, 02:41 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I hear that too, and backtrack =/= lipsync imo.
It is a fine line I think. If the backing track is so loud that you can barely even hear the person (or not even hear them at all sometimes), then they might as well be lipsyching. But if there is a good balance or if it favors the live singing, then I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 29th October 2009 at 02:47 AM.
Old 29th October 2009, 02:50 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutieismylife View Post
i don't understand why lipsyncing is thought of as being such a horrible thing. she chooses to lipsync them or sing over a loud backing track for a reason: she doesn't feel she can perform the song well enough not to lipsync it. her voice is a lot deeper now and EnergizE would probably sound really bad if she was doing all of that and singing, probably sounding really deep and out of breath.

in rollin' her voice is already deep so it was easier for her to sing in that lower register. i'm on the fence about Sparkle, some parts sound live and not so much. it sounds good though and several members have said that was the worst vocal performance, so it will probably sound good in the TV broadcast.
Exactly. Ayu chooses to lipsynch for a variety of reasons. We should really be grateful she doesn't lipsynch / sing with a backtrack for the entirety of the concert. With EnergizE and a couple of other songs, she dances a bit more, and because Ayu isn't a natural born dancer, it's harder for her to try to dance AND sing well at the same time, so that's probably why she uses a backtrack (or lipsynchs) during those songs.

I think she uses a backtrack during Sparkle - with backtracks, the audio is quieter, so you can hear the person when they actually sing, and that's the case with Sparkle (with the clips, anyway; I can't remember how it sounded in concert, except that it was awesome).

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 29th October 2009, 03:05 AM
Initiate

I don't mind lip synching, as long as there's a good reason for it, whatever that may be.

^ And I have yet to see anybody who sings as well as they could if they weren't dancing. A lot of people I've seen can't sing at all while dancing. :\
Old 29th October 2009, 03:11 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
It is a fine line I think. If the backing track is so loud that you can barely even hear the person (or not even hear them at all sometimes), then they might as well be lipsyching. But if there is a good balance or if it favors the live singing, then I don't have a problem with it.
Well it certainly helps to make the performance sound better.

I used to have a really big problem with her lipsyncing, or anyone mentioning that she might have lipsynced, but I've grown to learn that quite a few of the singers I listen to lipsync a few songs here and there as well, so... nothing wrong as long as it's with a valid reason (dance-heavy performance etc) and not taking up like 80% of the concert lol

Old 29th October 2009, 03:48 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
nothing wrong as long as it's with a valid reason (dance-heavy performance etc) and not taking up like 80% of the concert lol
Yeah, and as we all know, Ayu is no dancer. And 80% of her concerts are live. It's usually only her cutesy songs that are lipsynced.
Old 29th October 2009, 04:07 AM
count down Initiate

Which is why I thought it was okay that she does whatever she wants. I mean it's her songs, it's her concert... so the decision is honestly up to her imo... but I still love the vibrant colors in the concert

Closed Thread

Tags
arena tour, ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level