Singles or albums that renewed your faith in Ayu? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 5th March 2013, 11:58 PM
No way to say Initiate

Singles or albums that renewed your faith in Ayu?

Basically the L single and then Love Songs album.
Spoiler:
Next Level was really bad for me, Rock N Roll Circus singles were just okay (except for the superb BALLAD) and the only album track that really stood out for me was Don't Look Back, then the Moon single was a diaster for me, I absolutely hate that song. L had two songs, Last Angel and Virgin Road at the time were far and away her best songs since Mirrorcle World for me. And I absolutely loved Love Songs. I would also like to say that Crossroad kinda did that for me too but Crossroad and L came together pretty much at the same time so I'm just going to say L for a single.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:24 AM
TO BE Initiate

Ayu’s soccer mom hairstyle that she had for MY STORY disappointed me, but her skunk hair for STEP you/is this LOVE? redeemed her. Also Ayu’s mullet for fairyland and HEAVEN disappointed me, but her brown hair for Bold & Delicious/Pride and (miss)understood was on point.

I thought GUILTY and NEXT LEVEL were good but felt kind of like rush jobs, but I loved Rock’n’Roll Circus and Love songs. Same goes for FIVE and Party Queen, they were good but felt unfinished. LOVE again is amazing and has restored my faith.
Old 6th March 2013, 12:50 AM
Far away Initiate

Her so called latest 'mini albums'. Ivy, Sweet scar, Song 4 u, and snowy kiss have become some of my favorite Ayu songs.

♥♥
Underneath the blue sky&your dazzling smile
--
倖田來未
Old 6th March 2013, 02:53 AM
Secret Initiate

I've never really had a phase where I lost faith in Ayu. The release that made my interest reach an all-time high were the ayu-mi-x 7 releases though.
Old 6th March 2013, 03:03 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Mirrorcle World.

Maybe brillante...idk.

I still consider count down as a ray of hope that she's able to carry those types of songs with her vocals and team of people.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 6th March 2013, 06:11 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

I started losing interest after NEXT LEVEL I think~

The songs that stopped me from leaving the Ayu bandwagon was....count down and BRILLANTE

I only truly love 1 song off every other album, so it was Return Road with PQ
Now I'm just waiting for the next 1 song to blow me away
Old 6th March 2013, 06:39 AM
Far away Initiate

Mirrorcle World

When it released on April 2008, I didn't know it was ayu 10th anniversary song, and I just listened it on.... August 2008, yeah, I'm really late. I leave ayu fandom for 3 years since the release of Bold & Delicious single. I didn't even heard (miss) understood / Secret / GUILTY during my hiatus time :3 Then suddenly when I lurking around tokyotosho, I find that torrent, try to download, and listened to it.... My faith in ayu is completely restored, even now I liked Bold & Delicious, lol.
Old 6th March 2013, 06:46 AM
forgiveness Initiate

after Love songs, everything went down for me. she hasn't renewed my faith, at least for me. FIVE sucks... Party Queen sucks... and LOVE again sucks... i mean, there's a couple of songs that i love and like but it wasn't like her previous albums or works that as a whole i would love it, i wouldnt mind a couple of sucky songs... but since FIVE, my ratio of LOVE:SUCK songs been reversed.
Old 6th March 2013, 07:17 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

LOVE again and its mini albums. Party queen was my least favorite album, five wasn't great, and I was neutral at best about Love songs, though it's starting to grow on me. I wasn't sure if I would ever really love an album again, so I'm glad she released LOVE again.

Complete Ayu Concert DVD Thread

Old 6th March 2013, 12:52 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Yea, LOVE and again the minialbums. The LOVE again album is fine too, but I find myself as bored as before with the new albumsongs. Last time I really got crazy about a song, loved it's preview and the song was in the Love Songs era.

Old 6th March 2013, 01:01 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I'm a fan since Mirrorcle World and since 2008 she has never failed me two times in a row, so I never really lost my hope on ayu But I can say that MOON/blossom and LOVE reassured my faith upon her

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 6th March 2013, 01:13 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I found Rock n Roll Circus to be pretty forgetable, and Moon single to be among her most generic rock ballads ever...

But crossroad was sent directly from God. <3

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th March 2013, 04:09 PM
BALLAD Initiate

I was kinda thrown off by those mini albums release, I seriously hate the idea of selling maxi singles as mini albums. Although I normally preorder all her release, but this time round, I did not buy them, money was a little tight(to spend on some AKB singles, I want those first press photos), so I thought I could hold out maybe to get the OS press instead. I was really pissed when I found out the songs will be all release in Love Again album!
I did bought Love Again album, but some thing seems off, I'm not listening to it as much as I quite expect.

So I'm not thrown back yet, maybe HLS Blu ray will get me back, sicne I was at the concert last year, so hopefully the memories will bring me back to Ayu home.

My Instagram

Old 6th March 2013, 04:25 PM
Two of us Initiate

I am a bit indifferent to Party queen and Five though I still listen to them from time to time. You & me did not really impress me when it was just released as well. My faith is restored with the 3 epic songs in Love again album: Ivy, petal, untitled for her~2. Wake me up is also impressive to me after watching her performance in CDL12-13

WISH THAT I COULD SEE AYU'S LIVE PERFORMANCE ONCE IN MY LIFE

Old 7th March 2013, 07:48 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Between Mirrorcle World and FIVE, the most forgettable work I find to be NEXT LEVEL (save for a couple of songs). Party Queen and LOVE again are not memorable at all.

Old 7th March 2013, 08:48 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Doubt View Post
Ayu’s soccer mom hairstyle
her skunk hair
Ayu’s mullet
lol

I never lost "faith" in Ayu, but there was a period of time between 2007-2008 I stopped listening to her because I just didn't care for GUILTY whatsoever. I guess right before NEXT LEVEL came out I started listening again.

I have to admit most of her recent album does not have me interested at all.
Old 8th March 2013, 01:12 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I haven't lost interest in Ayu before since becoming a fan in 2006. However this year has been my all-time low, since this album is really that bad and I'm not enjoying her most recent image.

I would say "Love Songs" really helped me love Ayu again, the whole trilogy was full of excellent songs and the album itself was so wonderful along with the PV's. I wasn't a big fan of NEXT LEVEL or Rock N Roll Circus either, though I liked both, I actually listened to each once the full way through and then I was basically done. Love Songs was completely different, the resealable sleeve is so damaged from playing it so many times haha.
Old 8th March 2013, 01:25 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

when Secret was released i just couldnt stand it, then GUILTY was there.. <3
then again she released Love songs and I couldnt stand it either, but do it again was there so i was ok with it... when she released FIVE i thought i wouldnt like anything about that minialbum, but there was BRILLANTE...
Old 8th March 2013, 01:41 PM
no more words Initiate

Love songs, absolutely. Looking back at her discography, the only album that really flopped with me is Party Queen—I disliked NEXT LEVEL and Rock'n'Roll Circus at the time, but since taking a break from Ayu and exploring other styles, I've come to realise just how good they are considering most of those two albums weren't her style. Who knows, maybe I'll feel the same way about Party Queen in a few years' time, but for now, that's a definite no.

Love songs was one of the most cohesive albums she released since MY STORY back in 2005, so that really helped me reaffirm my love for her music. Love Again is actually a strong album as well—I disliked almost every song except for "Missing" as singles, but oddly enough as an album, they all work together. It's peculiar, really...
Old 8th March 2013, 02:24 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I don't even know if this applies to me cuz I'm such a late fan (jan 2012)
But I guess that again 'restored my faith' with its songs.
Yeah let's go with that