[Official Message] FEVER a-nation by SANKYO on August 2nd - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 3rd August 2016, 02:00 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Don't mind to see so much pictures. She looks incredible. And now, I have said that enough times.

Edit: saw the clip more properly 'cause I have wifi in the new resort. They all sound 'bad' so ayu does not stand out of the crowd (she ain't the worst) Don't think she sounds worse than... last CDL.
Last CDL should never be a comparison point or benchmark for anything...

tumblr

Old 3rd August 2016, 02:02 PM
Love song H-Initiate

seems it's the last one
Old 3rd August 2016, 02:03 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

^^ why not? It was a recent show. And there are good quality clips out there. Her vocals were really troubling there. Don't know if it has improved during the tour, but all I want to say is that she has sound bad lately. A'nation is just not that bad! Imo

Old 3rd August 2016, 02:16 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
^^ why not? It was a recent show. And there are good quality clips out there. Her vocals were really troubling there. Don't know if it has improved during the tour, but all I want to say is that she has sound bad lately. A'nation is just not that bad! Imo
She had been touring the entire year, he had pneumonia and went right back to performing just a week after without proper recovery time, her vocals were really strained on the last day of this past CDL. Her vocals were even more strained on that last concert day than the other two CDL dates that people said she actually sounded great. It's definitely not a good concert to judge her vocal ability.

Last edited by pimenta; 3rd August 2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 3rd August 2016, 03:33 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Those report videos always have terrible sound. I remember when I watched about the Saitama's Cirque du Minuit and she sounded so bad but I was there and she sounded perfect. So I never trusted this kinda of report, I've never saw even one TV report which she sounded amazing.

I loved her caption for the last photo:
Quote:
a.you #anationisland #15
#RYANCHAN
I know it's NOT normal that ppl r waving my dancers/performers fan or screaming their names during the show but where is the reason that I'm NOT proud of them?☺️💕 I will always appreciate that they r being themselves like you🙏✨

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 3rd August 2016, 03:33 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post

She's killing me. Jesus

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 3rd August 2016, 04:29 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm scratching my head about this "you can't judge Ayu's voice if you haven't heard her live" attitude lately. You are aware, that if you apply that to Ayu, you have to apply that to other artists as well. And then about 90% of people here on this forum can't say anything about any Japanese artist...

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 3rd August 2016, 04:38 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvina View Post
I'm scratching my head about this "you can't judge Ayu's voice if you haven't heard her live" attitude lately. You are aware, that if you apply that to Ayu, you have to apply that to other artists as well. And then about 90% of people here on this forum can't say anything about any Japanese artist...
Interesting observation. So true.
Old 3rd August 2016, 06:05 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Right. It can be argued that it's actually when you are there in the arena that you are hearing the not exactly true version of her voice because of echo and reverberation - that makes anything sound better.

Those TV reports always sound relatively bad and that's because it is the actual raw vocal with no filters and the cameras don't actually have the best sound recording capabilities. Most artists don't sound very good in them but in that clip I would agree that Ayu sounds the worst and it's as was mentioned - she is shouting and straining more than singing in that clip.
Old 3rd August 2016, 07:17 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
She had been touring the entire year, he had pneumonia and went right back to performing just a week after without proper recovery time, her vocals were really strained on the last day of this past CDL. Her vocals were even more strained on that last concert day than the other two CDL dates that people said she actually sounded great. It's definitely not a good concert to judge her vocal ability.
Ah that makes sense. I thought she was recovered right before the shows. I only watched the digest, GREEN and the ballad medley and was not really impressed. Wasn't impressed with her performance of a'nation 2015 either, so I thought her voice was just tired, and that her sickness had nothing to do with it.

Allright, I take it back performing during sickness is... incredible. I sound like a chicken when I try to sing during a cold. Ayu had something worse and sound better.

@Corvina, I fully agree with you.

Old 3rd August 2016, 08:13 PM
from your letter Initiate

I usually read comment about Ayu by hashtags on IG, i found this comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIm_pfdgVDm/
AAA's fan stated "Ayu's singing voice was Yabai" on his IG
His friend asked"Not same as usual?"
He replied back to his friend "It was first time to see Ayu, and it was goosebumps"

I believe, her voice was great there ^^

Last edited by ayumint; 3rd August 2016 at 08:16 PM.
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:42 PM
SURREAL Initiate

She has been singing and touring every year practicaly since 1999, she hasn't take a break almost in these 18 years of career, its normal that her voice is not the same as before, she should rest for a while tbh, I'm surprised she still sounds great live (not that great as before but I still think she does) there are other singers that with a lot of rest and breaks between albums and tours they still lose their voices or sound awful live, if she took a year or two to rest I'm sure her voice would sound fantastic!
Old 3rd August 2016, 08:57 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah... it is a bit concerning. I don't think many artists have the tour schedule Ayu does. Barely ever more than 5-6 months before more lives since what, 2000?
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:42 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
I agree it is kinda annoying to read it everytime she sounds bad live...

It is a funny thing that if ayu sounds bad in a fancam/tv recording it is only because of the quality (some people even said that for non-edited TV broadcasts...).

If I follow the logic, I don't understand how artists (known for their good vocals) sound almost always flawless on bad fancams/recordings...

Sometimes she sounds fine (FLOWER on MS) but here she just sounds bad that's it.
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:03 PM
still alone Initiate

I feel like people are forgetting about Ayu's hearing condition for some odd reason.
She is deaf in one ear. And that happened quite a while back now, maybe she has lost some hearing in her other ear now. We don't know. But I think she may be shouting so much because she is trying to hear herself and keep the correct pitch/notes. Or maybe she doesn't realize she is doing it and just thinks she is singing powerfully. Imagine trying to sing with only half your hearing.
People can say what they want and complain. But Ayu is out there giving her all to her fans despite the challenges she faces. I can't think of another artist who has more heart than Ayu.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 3rd August 2016 at 11:10 PM.
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:09 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

On one hand though, I think she has typically completely lipsynced fairyland. Even if it's not perfect, it's nice to hear her actually sing it.
Old 3rd August 2016, 11:20 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
This. I usually defend her vocals and I'm not very picky either and it's honestly puzzling why her vocals go up and down in quality all the time like.. cirque de minuit was amazing, CDL was bad... Music station flower was great again and now she sounds like this?? It's so weird..

And about the quality of those news reports I have a little comparison here with a news report and the same live footage of a Nishino Kana performance:
News clip at 1:03 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFvjYFnXfmI
Same part at 2:19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hXTutwQDEk
The only difference I hear is that the music is louder in the actual performance, her vocals aren't different at all.

I understand people wanting to defend her and I usually do it too but that part in fairyland just sounds bad. Who knows how she sang the rest of the time, maybe she slayed all the other songs, with her ever-changing vocal quality who the f knows

tumblr

Old 4th August 2016, 12:17 AM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
omg THAT BODY! I loved the outfit and she's looking so happy, young, and gorgeous! Great tracklist too, great to see that she's probably not abandoning WARNING anytime soon
Old 4th August 2016, 09:21 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I have a feeling I'm the only one who cares about Ami Suzuki but she looks great!

praying for your souls

Old 4th August 2016, 09:29 AM
TO BE Initiate

wow amazing fotos! is there a video of her performance, or do we all wait for that -_-

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Tags
a-nation, a-nation '16, fever a-nation