BoA is quite awesome! - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 16th May 2009, 07:38 AM
Liar Initiate

I have the album...and I think too many of the songs sound like each other...with only hypnotic, eat you up, IDIFL, and Girls on Top being standouts. She needed a ballad of some sort and a less synthesized voice. I think she had ample marketing though, the radio tour, the MTV appearance, the Maple Story tie in, and that live appearance in Pasadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
I only got about 1/3 through the album before I had to stop listening to it (had to leave), and that was quite a while ago; but I distinctly remember really liking it. I actually completely forgot about it until you mentioned it; and since you brought up how good you think it is, I'm totally going to go find it and listen to it some more. <3

Also, for the record, I haven't heard and of BoA's songs anywhere since its release, but I've surprisingly been hearing Utada's "Come Back to Me" MULTIPLE times in various places. I heard it on the radio in Milwaukee and Minneapolis, and I also heard it in a store at Mall of America. I'm wondering why she's being played so much and not BoA...?
Atleast you've heard Utada...I have yet to hear either...she's probably getting more plays cause Island is a bigger company.

Last edited by Polyrhythm; 16th May 2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 16th May 2009, 08:31 AM
Rule Protector

^Did BoA ever go on the real MTV? I only remember her going on that weird MTV Iggy that nobody has ever heard of. o_o
Old 16th May 2009, 10:53 AM
CAROLS Initiate

I like it very much! Scream, Girls on Top, Obsessed are amazing! But my least fav is Dress Off.
Old 18th May 2009, 08:17 AM
sending mail Initiate

The album is amazing! I'm totally in love with it since I first heard it and still am

Um, I think it sold like, 8k from when I last heard,

Old 18th May 2009, 09:55 AM
ever free Initiate

I think the album is ok. Like I can understand why people would like it, but because i feel that it sounds like BlackoutxTheFame, I can't really get into it because it doesn't stand out at all :S Britney's Blackout was amazing and Lady Gaga's the fame was amazing to me, but BoA's album seems like a weaker mix of the two with more of blackout placed into it than lady gaga. I feel that when I listen to boA's album I find that I'll just want to switch to Britney's Blackout haha.... Like I think her album is WAY more mainstream friendly than Utada's, but I can't get into it because i think it sounds like a knock off of Blackout with elements of Lady gaga D:

I hope she succeeds in the US eitherway tho : )

"Isn't it ironic that more people are interested in the maid rather than the queen of J-pop? Someone's losing their touch in the industry"
Old 18th May 2009, 10:47 AM
SCAR Initiate

I hate BoA's japanese/korean stuff, but the USA album got me hooked.

It's a shame it didn't sell well, but it doesn't change the fact she made a decent album.
Old 18th May 2009, 12:19 PM
still alone Initiate

i love her us album! I thought it was ok at the start... but man it has grown on me! My current fav is hypnotic dancefloor

thanks to the talented foxxy_fuyumi, once again she has outdone herself!

Old 19th May 2009, 06:46 AM
CAROLS Initiate

I was quite surprised to hear Eat You Up being played. I was in the dressing room in Garage and it was playing in there.

livejournal / last.fm / tumblr / goodreads

Old 20th May 2009, 12:31 AM
End roll Initiate

Yeah, They're selling BoA (album) in he US, but its not very popular. I've only found it in one music store (of 2 that I've looked in, lol). And, to my knowledge, it hasn't gotten any airplay over the radio. More than likely, most people don't know about BoA, so they don't look for her music. And if they do come across the CD, they're prob like, "what the heck is this" and they walk right past it.

I'm not really into BoA, but if I can get a CD without paying a ridiculous price and without waiting on shipping, I'll go for it. Plus I heard the samples from iTunes, and it sounds pretty cool. And its getting good response here.

As for Utada's This is the One, The same thing applies. I'll buy if I don't have to pay a lot or wait on the mail. It just got a physical release a week or 2 ago, but its been on iTunes for months. That's kinda weird... But I haven't heard this one either. I've heard the samples on iTunes, and I'm kinda riding the fence about it. I already have Come Back to Me, and its great, but in the samples of the other songs, If there's something I like, I always seem to find something that I don't like. I gueass its not fair to judge a song on the samples, anyways.

Awesome set from PinkShinigami. Thx!

My YT account:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AyuRox1
Old 20th May 2009, 01:05 AM
Lelio Protector

BoA's english album is great.
She really exceeded whatever expectation I had and the style is pretty good. =D
Old 20th May 2009, 06:59 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

BoA is the bomb!!!! It's strange but I've really been addicted to MADE IN TWENTY and THE FACE again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeM View Post
yeah... she's awesome... especially when she dances

Last.fm

Old 21st May 2009, 03:26 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I LUURRRRRRRRVE the album, it's been on repeat in my car for weeks now.

I always put the window down and crank it, even though it's really cold to do so! x__X;

I would love to see it for sale her in AU, I think it would do really well. I think it's a superior album to TiTO, even though I like that album too

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Tags
boa