Party Queen / Power of Music / CDL 2011-2012 official covers - Page 30 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st March 2012, 02:17 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by murasakinohana View Post
The covers are not all bad.. Geez.. Why are some of y'all Western fans so prudish!?? Aren't you guys supposed to be open-minded and more liberal!?? :/
Okay now you're saying it right! 'SOME'..
Old 1st March 2012, 02:20 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
lol gtfo please! k thanks!
I love you too..
Old 1st March 2012, 02:24 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
You gotta LOVE all the attack on Ayu. Western fans, especially, are always so judgmental and hard on her. Please go back and listen to your Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and what-have yous. THANKS!
Quote:
The covers are not all bad.. Geez.. Why are some of y'all Western fans so prudish!?? Aren't you guys supposed to be open-minded and more liberal!?? :/
Some of us love the concept, but think it was executed poorly. This makes me less of a fan in what way?

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 1st March 2012, 02:32 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
You gotta LOVE all the attack on Ayu. Western fans, especially, are always so judgmental and hard on her. Please go back and listen to your Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and what-have yous. THANKS!
i wonder what japanese fans think of the covers....?

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 1st March 2012, 02:33 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I've been looking at a BBS I normally frequent for information and they seem to like them. "Good covers" and "They're so cute/cool!" come up a lot.

Some people think she looks a bit too thin though.

A connection to Duty/GUILTY is being theorized about due to the print.

Last edited by truehappiness; 1st March 2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:34 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

i'm disappointed that the covers are not the recent ones with pink hair. but these are still better than NEXT LEVEL covers and RnRc cd only cover imo.
I hate the text font and the placement. can't we have a cover without any text on the picture itself..
but i love how her hair is being styled back. its chic. i love the cd+dvd+dvd and cd onli cover. not her best but definitely not her worst. I'm wondering if these are shot by Leslie?
i kinda wish the how beautiful you are covers are for the album covers..
Old 1st March 2012, 02:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire_rmx View Post
i'm disappointed that the covers are not the recent ones with pink hair. but these are still better than NEXT LEVEL covers and RnRc cd only cover imo.
I hate the text font and the placement. can't we have a cover without any text on the picture itself..
but i love how her hair is being styled back. its chic. i love the cd+dvd+dvd and cd onli cover. not her best but definitely not her worst. I'm wondering if these are shot by Leslie?
They were shot by Leslie in New York in September last year.

And the recent shoot with pink hair was for some unnamed video shoot, it looks like.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:41 AM
And Then Initiate

This will be a gift to myself after mid-terms are over. I'm so excited to hear this album. Please please please let there be another ballad. Her up-beat songs are great to listen to (I'm looking forward to Party queen) but her specialty is ballad music. I'm over the covers.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:51 AM
winding road H-Initiate

I think there's a reason for Ayu to be using old shoots instead of the new ones she said that were taken in london. I do think we'll get to see that shoot soon, I don't think she would reject a whole new shoot.. I do believe we'll understand it all once the album is out.

I think I'm the only one who doesn't really like the CD only cover... I mean, I do like it, but for me the other two cover are way better. Her hair really annoys me on the CD only cover...

Old 1st March 2012, 02:52 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
And the recent shoot with pink hair was for some unnamed video shoot, it looks like.
No one seems to have thought about it, but couldn't it be a shooting of an interlude video for her concert ?

Anyway I still can't really believe it's ayu we see in the CD+2DVD cover... It feels so weird lol.
I mean I don't hate them now and I'm really interested to know more about the concept etc, but it's somehow changing the way I see her a little. It's so unlike her, I know she's not the same girl she used to be years ago but still.

The sad thing is that it's really cool for the fans who'll buy the album and see what's inside, but many people will probably see these covers in the shops and be like "uhh what's this ?".
Old 1st March 2012, 02:53 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
The covers are bad because they involve a poorly executed concept with a horrendous design scheme. Being prudish or not has nothing to do with it...it's about having taste. So you and your cultural stereotypes can **** right off, kthxbye.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
No one seems to have thought about it, but couldn't it be a shooting of an interlude video for her concert ?
Yeah, I guessed that as well. I hope we find out what they were for soon.
Old 1st March 2012, 02:59 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

LOL oh dear god

honestly, they're so stupid and bad, that they're great I don't really care for the print and font though but meh.

and actually, they make me like her more, because I think they show off her personality, and I typically tend to really like girls like that

and about western fans...tbh I think a lot of times, western people go into jpop to get away from all the sex, drugs, and money in our culture....

lol if you don't like it. They're so koda x MAA trashy. I love it. How fun.

The only thing is, she doesn't really look as great as they do. Like, the pictures are still kind of awkward and crap. Bad expressions, etc. So I guess they're kind of bad...but I'm so happy she's trying

yey. Welcome to the dark side Ayu. We have the best cookies.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 1st March 2012, 03:01 AM
As if.. Initiate

WOAW SEXY!!!! like it!!!
Old 1st March 2012, 03:02 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Agree.
Go look at Britney Spears or Xtina or what have you..
All artists change..
IE) I hated Britney's and Xtina's latest works & their covers, and they both just went the total trash route.... no parody there!!
---

Ayu's so..........unchangable. I just realized how much I admire that.
She's not a product anymore. She's who she wants to be..

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 1st March 2012, 03:02 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
LOL oh dear god

honestly, they're so stupid and bad, that they're great I don't really care for the print and font though but meh.

and actually, they make me like her more, because I think they show off her personality, and I typically tend to really like girls like that

and about western fans...tbh I think a lot of times, western people go into jpop to get away from all the sex, drugs, and money in our culture....

lol if you don't like it. They're so koda x MAA trashy. I love it. How fun.

The only thing is, she doesn't really look as great as they do. Like, the pictures are still kind of awkward and crap. Bad expressions, etc. So I guess they're kind of bad...but I'm so happy she's trying

yey. Welcome to the dark side Ayu. We have the best cookies.

(Because you deserve it! )

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 1st March 2012, 03:18 AM
immature Initiate

they look good and fit the theme~
WOW @ the CD only cover, ~~~

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 1st March 2012, 03:25 AM
Initiate

Covers are different from what I expected but I like them, even more with her explanation--makes me look forward to the covers even more!!
Old 1st March 2012, 03:44 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
You gotta LOVE all the attack on Ayu. Western fans, especially, are always so judgmental and hard on her.
I just can't fathom why you feel the need to single out "westerners" and have the audacity to label us as prudes in your other post. There are scores of highly conservative individuals across the globe who incessantly belittle ayu. Trust me. The majority of "ayu bashing" I've witnessed come from easterners since she is more well known among them thus creating more difference in opinions of her. Westerners who are fans of hers, I find, seem indifferent to what she does. Of course there are the occasional few who have strong opposing opinions but that's natural.

I've come across numerous westerners on blogs and on other sites who ADORE the covers while (according to my Japanese friends) many easterners are deeming her as a "sell out" and "a poor role model". Hell, I don't even think the covers are that bad. Poorly executed? Yes. Terrible? No.

Quote:
Please go back and listen to your Lady Gaga, Britney Spears and what-have yous. THANKS!
It's this kind of callow attitude that aggravates me.

Old 1st March 2012, 03:44 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Ayu just confirmed on Twitter that they are parodies of tabloid/gossip magazine covers.
I thought that was obvious the first time I saw them. They are still pretty bad though.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2011-2012, party queen, power of music