"Feel the love" short ver. PV - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th November 2013, 12:12 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
I disagree because she did become thin lol She turned into a sexy Ayu, who's supposed to be the symbol of beauty. If she wanted to become thin because of herself, she wouldn't have started to exercise because of him, which is obvious from the beginning. If they wanted to convey what you're saying here, the PV would have turned out completely different at the end.

I don't think she was trying to be that deep, because she doesn't look ridiculous to me, but sexy and I'm sure that was the goal Nothing wrong with being sexy though.
Ya, don't think ayu is so deep.... This is a pv, not literature class...
Old 27th November 2013, 12:17 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu_fantasy View Post
Ya, don't think ayu is so deep.... This is a pv, not literature class...
This is Ayu we're talking about here. She usually has some kind of meaning for everything.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:24 PM
Lelio Protector

How would they be able to show ayu's confidence with anyone else but ayu?
Old 27th November 2013, 12:32 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
How would they be able to show ayu's confidence with anyone else but ayu?
Well, if the PV was about confidence, that guy would fall for the chubby girl and they would live happily ever after. Or the chubby ayu. Or whatever lol
Old 27th November 2013, 12:36 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I really don't like this video because the message of the video could be missunderstanding. I don't think Ayu would gave a bad message but is what i feel watching it. :°(

2010.12.30 » ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ ♥
2019.12.31 » ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A
Last.fm

Old 27th November 2013, 12:38 PM
YOU Initiate

That was kind of weird.

I feel like I know what they were trying to convey with this PV, like a light-hearted, feel good about yourself type of video but it didn't match up with what I actually saw.

It's awesome to have videos inspiring people to reach their goals (like the Born to Be video) and Ayu has done campy videos really well (Startin') but this just feels...off.

I mean, maybe instead of the girl turning into Ayu at the end, why not have her join up with Ayu in the dance sequence with DJ Hello Kitty instead? Like it seems there were other ways of showing being happy with yourself than the way the ending turned out. I know they had to show Ayu in more screen time, but the ending just makes the whole video....ambiguous in meaning.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:38 PM
Dolls Initiate

I like very much the interpretation of Yoake..that really made me like the pv more..at the beggining I was really "shocked" but I like the fact that she's always taking risks..well almost always!
Old 27th November 2013, 12:43 PM
rainy day Initiate

It means get happy, healthy and fit, and then you'll get that muscle stud diiick.

Last edited by Zeke.; 27th November 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:46 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

The PV is at least suprising xD Nobody could expect that so that's fine. Whole thing is very light and fine for me - fits the cheesy mood of the song. And i just love how the ending is interpreted like it's something super deep. For me it's simple. Ayu is her idol, so in the end she pictured herself as Ayu with this guy cause she was happy. Oh and animated parts were fine, done in such cheap way on purpose.
Funny thing really, i wonder how it will work on sales.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:47 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I can't watch it right now ;___;
I'll be dying from curiosity util I get home >.<

Old 27th November 2013, 12:48 PM
appears Initiate

This is how I see it: The girl wanted to be like Ayu so much that she ended transformed into her. So, in the end, the girl who gets the love of the guy it's not her "real" her anymore.
Conclusion: You should be and accept yourself, and not to try to be like another person. If you try to be like another person, you may lose your own self while doing it.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:50 PM
Sky high Protector

Quote:
I disagree because she did become thin lol She turned into a sexy Ayu, who's supposed to be the symbol of beauty. If she wanted to become thin because of herself, she wouldn't have started to exercise because of him, which is obvious from the beginning. If they wanted to convey what you're saying here, the PV would have turned out completely different at the end.
I think I wasn't accurate in my first post. At the beginning she starts to do sport for him not for herself. Because she think that (as the society shows it) she have to be thin & dress up sexy with glamourous dress to catch his attention. At the end, you saw that he doesn't pay attention to her because she just want to look according to the society's standarts (She is not herself and looks as all the girls without personnality who just follow the trends.). She understands it -the balloons symbolise the fact that she is released from society's pressures- & finally, accepts herself as she is. The guy notice the changement & saw her true beauty (symbolise by Ayu). If they had let the fat girl, we could't understand that her spirit changed. She finally accepted herself & looks more beautiful. Ayu is just an image. The fat girl is again here, "Ayu" is just how the guy saw the fat girl. Unfortunately, few people see fat girls or fat boys beautiful because they only see the appearance. Here ayu symbolises the soul, the heart of the fat girl. Moreover, the girl didn't slim down in several days, so it's impossible in 2 secondes. XD
But well, it's only my view.

Last edited by Yoake; 27th November 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 27th November 2013, 12:56 PM
Trauma Initiate

oouuu.. sexy!
Old 27th November 2013, 12:59 PM
YOU Initiate

Won't watch again.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:03 PM
MY STORY Initiate

I'm a big/fat girl and I didn't find it offensive. I thought the actress looked really pretty when she had her makeover scene. I could see myself BEING offended at the ending, but I choose to see it as something positive, work hard towards your goals and be happy. It's not a lifestyle guide, its just a music video.

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Old 27th November 2013, 01:03 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
I think I wasn't accurate in my first post. At the beginning she starts to do sport for him not for herself. Because she think that (as the society shows it) she have to be thin & dress up sexy with glamourous dress to catch his attention. At the end, you saw that he doesn't pay attention to her because she just want to look according to the society's standarts (She is not herself and looks as all the girls without personnality who just follow the trends.). She understands it -the balloons symbolise the fact that she is released from society's pressures- & finally, accepts herself as she is. The guy notice the changement & saw her true beauty (symbolise by Ayu). If they had let the fat girl, we could't understand that her spirit changed. She finally accepted herself & looks more beautiful. Ayu is just an image. The fat girl is again here, "Ayu" is just how the guy saw the fat girl. Unfortunately, few people see fat girls or fat boys beautiful because they only see the appearance. Here ayu symbolises the soul, the heart of the fat girl. Moreover, the girl didn't slim down in several days, so it's impossible in 2 secondes. XD
What a beautiful interpretation! I like it!
Old 27th November 2013, 01:05 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
But her 'spirit' isn't supposed to change Just her attitude, in order for her to be fit and healthy. I disagree once again, that is called flirtation at the end, he couldn't see her soul at all
Old 27th November 2013, 01:14 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
I'm a big/fat girl and I didn't find it offensive. I thought the actress looked really pretty when she had her makeover scene. I could see myself BEING offended at the ending, but I choose to see it as something positive, work hard towards your goals and be happy. It's not a lifestyle guide, its just a music video.
good exemple of Positivity!
Old 27th November 2013, 01:14 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

It's so different from her previous PVs. The cartoon/anime part is very funny!
Old 27th November 2013, 01:15 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
But her 'spirit' isn't supposed to change Just her attitude, in order for her to be fit and healthy. I disagree once again, that is called flirtation at the end, he couldn't see her soul at all
So what you're saying is that you probably won't see it any other way other than "this PV has a bad message"...?
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, video