CDL 11/12 opinions thread - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy the CDL?
Yes, alot! 77 47.24%
It was good but not amazing. 52 31.90%
Meh, was ok I guess. 21 12.88%
Didn't like it at all. 13 7.98%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3rd January 2012, 01:40 AM
I am... Initiate

emiko.........that was one hilarious review xD
Old 3rd January 2012, 01:48 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

awww cool you read it I know it was long and ramble-y~

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 3rd January 2012, 02:14 AM
walking proud Initiate

emiko: I liked your review and running commentary, lol. Most of it mirrored my thoughts while watching the show.

I'm still looking forward to watching the tv broadcast version to see if it really is better than actually being there live was.
Old 3rd January 2012, 05:56 AM

^

Im gonna go ahead and assume that this is one concert I actually wouldn't want to be at unless I was in some kind of awesome seating position, because seriously, with all those people on stage....damn.

I mean, I didn't know where she was at in some times, or there were a lot of times where she was just overshadowed. It's like, you'd have needed to be up in a balcony close to the stage...like Opera seating or something

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 3rd January 2012, 06:29 AM
rainy day Initiate

I feel like November was playback.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:34 AM
still alone Initiate

boring *yawn* I skipped em all. RnRC is still the best so far.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:40 AM
No way to say Initiate

it was good.

I almost cried during "how beautiful you are"

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 3rd January 2012, 12:35 PM
until that Day… Initiate

with such awesome stage, i think i would be stunned if i was really there to watch the concert~
Old 3rd January 2012, 04:42 PM
Greatful days Initiate

The show was a hot mess. >,< I don't understand why she does anything she does anymore.
Old 3rd January 2012, 05:07 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I feel like November was playback.
Why? There is no evidence whatsoever for it and even SunshineSlayer said this concert was playback-free.
Old 3rd January 2012, 06:27 PM
Because of You Initiate

mmm...no don't think November was a playback, it sounded purely live for me *shrugs*
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:15 PM
from your letter Initiate

I think it's so crazy to compare an AT with a CDL, they're produced in so different moments...
Old 3rd January 2012, 07:41 PM
Real me Initiate

my biggest complaint is her dancers. oh how i hate the extremely elaborate dancing that's in every show. it's just flailing around imo. what's with the clowns again?

i think Ayu's voice sounded great through the entire show. she was really energetic, too. i actually expected her voice to start struggling towards the middle of the show, especially after moving around so much.

it wasn't her best but i still really enjoyed it.

tumblr

Old 3rd January 2012, 08:16 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Why? There is no evidence whatsoever for it and even SunshineSlayer said this concert was playback-free.
It could be or couldn't but I felt the sound was drastically of better quality than most of the other songs she sang, and to me November is harder to sing. Idk but it looked as if the sound was not coming from her mouth - it seemed flat and silent, just mouthing the words. It very well could be live, but it reminded me of ANGEL'S SONG when she lipped that. It sounded great, but was clearly lipped.
Old 3rd January 2012, 08:45 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
It could be or couldn't but I felt the sound was drastically of better quality than most of the other songs she sang, and to me November is harder to sing. Idk but it looked as if the sound was not coming from her mouth - it seemed flat and silent, just mouthing the words. It very well could be live, but it reminded me of ANGEL'S SONG when she lipped that. It sounded great, but was clearly lipped.
She was singing the song softly and controlled, her movements fit. Maybe you just sing the song another way but when I sing it it's similar technique and I personally don't find it to be hard. It's well in her range with the high notes supported by a vibrato, easier than many of the other songs she sang in the concert.
I've seen more than enough playback, especially from Ayumi, and I'm amongst the first to point it out(stuff like CAROLS at AT05...did people seriously believe that was live? Her mouth was so disconnected, the sound was clearly recorded by a different type of microphone. It was either playback or overdubbed.) and really, this was not it. I think she could have done better on the song and had she sung playback she would have. Her movements were very controlled(and possibly seemed off to you) because her breathing, posture and support needed to be controlled to achieve the right dynamics.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I enjoyed it. But it wasn't even close to last year's amazing CDL.

Once again there was far too much focus on the dancers (last year we got a whole ballad section with barely any distractions).
Agree that it wasn't as amazing as last year's.
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:30 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
She was singing the song softly and controlled, her movements fit. Maybe you just sing the song another way but when I sing it it's similar technique and I personally don't find it to be hard. It's well in her range with the high notes supported by a vibrato, easier than many of the other songs she sang in the concert.
I've seen more than enough playback, especially from Ayumi, and I'm amongst the first to point it out(stuff like CAROLS at AT05...did people seriously believe that was live? Her mouth was so disconnected, the sound was clearly recorded by a different type of microphone. It was either playback or overdubbed.) and really, this was not it. I think she could have done better on the song and had she sung playback she would have. Her movements were very controlled(and possibly seemed off to you) because her breathing, posture and support needed to be controlled to achieve the right dynamics.
It also helps that she sang it in a lower key than the CD.

If it was playback, I'm pretty sure she'd have it in the original key.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:26 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
I only saw the show on the 29th and that was definitely live. I haven't yet seen the 31st show though.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:33 AM
Initiate

I went to the 31st and I am pretty sure she sang everything live, noticed imperfections in every song, as you do with Ayu.
Old 4th January 2012, 12:50 AM

yeah, personally, there wasn't anything that was so good I thought it was playback. As wonderful as her vocals were, there were mistakes all over, and a lot of struggling for her to keep her pitch up.

I never thought she was doing much of anything to warrant playback either lol Even when she did her little dancing bits, but who knows.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Tags
cdl 2011-2012, cdl11-12, countdown live 2011-2012, hotel love songs