[News] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~II thread~ - Page 11 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 1st January 2016, 08:28 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
After Summer Diary, Winter Diary, and writing the lyrics for a song called Diary that would be overkill.
She still can write two more seasonal diaries: Spring Diary and Fall diary LOL.

I personally believe Ayu should take a small break and not go on tour in the first half of 2016. She had two tours in 2015 so fans will be able to live on!
Old 1st January 2016, 08:35 PM
Who... Initiate

she should release summer single, autumn album and late PREMIUM SHOWCASE-like short tour and then CDL next year

i love how much she has done this year but i'm worried because of her voice and health i don't meam they are bad but they need rest as well

but she's a workaholic so what can we expect lol. she's gonna surprise us anyway so i'm fine with everything
Old 1st January 2016, 08:58 PM
starting over Initiate

Watched Cdl last night and loved the theme, hated the new dancers and ayu's encore outfit. Vocals weren't good but then again she's done enough this year.
Old 1st January 2016, 09:51 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I loved her outfit and hair in Many Classic Moments, but TK on stage playing the piano looked very awkward.
Old 1st January 2016, 10:36 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

TK was straight up AWFUL. It was just embarrassing all around.
Old 1st January 2016, 10:41 PM
Sky high Protector

Surely Ayu started the year 2016 voiceless. When you hear how her voice began hoarse even before the end of the main part, you realise that she wasn't in great shape. However the show stays remarkable. I like that one of the dancer wore a monkey outfit (wink to new year).

My favourite performance is Marionette because of the acrobatics but above all for Ayu's vocal. Even if it didn't sound perfect, it's the most emotional song of the concert to me. Since the first words, I was overwhelmed by the emotion as I had never been by this song in live.

I'm really glad to hear UNITE! once again.

I think that Many Classic Moments would have been better if TK had played an improvisition instead of the bridge that sounded more disjointed with the rest of the song than in the studio version.

Danse de la nuit is wonderful. That shadow play is great and funny.

I really like how Ayu used the folklore during this concert but also the modern aspects of her country.
Old 1st January 2016, 10:46 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Tsume is always so full of heart <3
Aw thank you! Your comment just made my day

About the CDL.
I absolutely LOVED everything. One of her best CDL imho. The outfits were stunning, the theme very well executed, she looked charismatic and lovely on stage and even though some elements were re-used from past performances she succeded in mixing them well and making them fit for the TOKYO theme.

I especially loved the opening with GREEN and warning, marionette (!!), the interlude with the shadow theatre, winter diary, the video she prepared with sorrows lyrics and melody in the background + Ivy which was absolutely... perfect.

I also liked the encore, maybe I'm the only one who did appreciate urata and TK's piano. I thought it was a very nice idea to incorporate the piano, and maybe it will sound better with better audio quality. Same goes for ayu's vocals, which were a bit strained because of her recent illness I think. But she still delivered, and put her all into the show, you can easily tell. She really gave her best this year touring and all, no wonder she might not be perfect vocally. I really really really loved her and the show, everything was AMAZING, I was speechless all the time! (because I had avoided any kind of spoilers visually).

I'm just a bit sad that she feels so guilty for taking time for herself in recent years, as if she's left her fans behind. You can really tell she does feel horrible for having done such a "selfish" thing as thinking about herself first once in a while. NHK Hall where she cries, sorrows, now this video with Ivy and song 4 u and many other means show it. She keeps on singing that she wants to be forgiven, but I don't think she's done anything which requires forgiveness. She's an amazing person, the way she feels towards her fans and the deep relationship she's built with us is something which is a plus, not a given. It's unique, and we're lucky to have it. I just wish she wouldn't be so hard on herself. Instead of her begging for forgiveness whenever she can't reach out to us, it should be us fans being grateful for all the times she does. I just love her so much, I want her to know that she's loved, and respected, and admired as a person and artist.

Last edited by tsumekaze_; 1st January 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Old 1st January 2016, 11:16 PM
Far away Initiate

GREEN: where's the "rock version" of it? Anyway, didn't like this new arrangement, the original is so much better. Loved her outfit tho.
WARNING: I liked it, but the ARENA TOUR perfomance was better.
UNITE!: apart from her voice, I really liked this.
STEP you: at first I hated that bunny outfit, but it took a few laughs from me, Ayu was hilarious. Fun perfomance, just like Fly high.
Ladies Night: that was ok, didn't like the cutesy vice tho.
Marionette: I really liked the prelude. About the main perfomance, thank god she didn't the high pitch voice she used in the first seconds. Beautiful perfomance, just didn't like the drama queen face near the end.
Ballads medley: gosh, I loved her dress and her hair. Also, a BIG WTF when appears ended all of sudden. Anyway, I really liked this part, her voice sounded good, but, as someone said before, the transition to CAROLS was very odd. I just wish she got rid of the dancers.
Winter diary: lovely.
Summer diary: skipped it.
Ivy: another beautiful perfomance, but again, I feel the dancers weren't needed here, Ayu by herself would of made it much better.
Born To Be...: it was ok, she could bring the original arrangement back.
Song 4 u: ok as well.
Love song: "shitakuuuuuuuu..." SLAY. Although that sounded nice, I'd prefer her to perfom it like the studio version, no acapella.
Dream ON: Ok again.
Many Classic Moments: Was TK really necessary there, he seemed so lost. Awkwaaard. And NO at him playing the piano. Also, her voice started to get really raspy, like she had a cold or something (CDL02-03 teas).
B&G/TSMGO/MY ALL: Same old stuff.

Well, not her worst concert, but not the best either. Her voice didn't soud bad at all and I enjoyed it better than the last CDL. Also, her new dance Ko-Ya is HAWT and what in the world was Timmy wearing? Never noticed he had such a nice body.

Last edited by RealLight; 2nd January 2016 at 12:33 AM.
Old 1st January 2016, 11:34 PM
No way to say Initiate

LOL TK is always so awkward and emotionless...I believe he doesn't actually have a personality.
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:25 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieces_of_SEVEN View Post
SOOO how many of us think that the concept for AT16 will be Made In Tokyo...? lol
I can see marionette performance gong to AT16. She usally doesn't do something like that just for a CDL. But would it really be a surprise if Made in Tokyo was used for AT16. Maybe she will do a Made in Asia
But I don't see it as a problem. The main reason of a live is to be watched live. Not everyone who goes to CDL goes to her Asian tours. And her CDL are a light version of her AT. AT are just more polished.

Old 2nd January 2016, 12:26 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Couldn't agree more about TK...I was like, what? Why are you there? And why the hell is Dream on being performed? LOL

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 2nd January 2016, 01:47 AM
poker face Initiate

Ok, this woman can't be a human. I mean, all year touring and working so hard and she is still capable of doing a 2h30min show like this. I really look up to her.

Although she looked tired and with hoarse voice in the high notes of some songs (UNITE!, Fly high, Song 4 u, Love Song... are very difficult songs!) she has made another great CDL.

The highlights for me are GREEN, Marionette, Winter diary, Ivy (finallyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!) and Danse de la nuit noire with the lights and shadows trick. I also enjoyed WARNING but I prefer CDM one, appears and Missing were well but suddenly CAROLS and Dearest? It didn't fit too well to me.

The outfits were amazing, she looked flawless with every costume but especially I couldn't take me eyes off her during the medley and Winter diary

Now I hope she takes care of her voice and herself because she really deserves a rest after all the hard work she has done during 2015.

Last edited by j0tas; 2nd January 2016 at 01:52 AM.
Old 2nd January 2016, 01:55 AM
opening Run Initiate

C'mon, Dream on was amazing live!! I was so excited that I was dancing and almost jumping, such a powerful upbeat song.
I think her hoarse voice has nothing to do with illness, she just had been screaming for 3 days, often shouting instead of proper singing, so it was to be expected.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)

Last edited by Chris85; 2nd January 2016 at 01:57 AM.
Old 2nd January 2016, 02:26 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I had a great seat right in front of the center walkway.

I generally enjoyed the setlist but still don't like Warning and Marionette lol.
Also I laughed when she made a mistake singing appears-- "kao wo tsunaide" literally means like joining faces together xD

I do wish the Japanese theme was stronger. It was really only like what...3 performances? So this is one of those concerts with a very loose thread of continuity haha.

But hey, it's a CDL.

I'm assuming that if she uses this theme for the tour, the entire winter ballad section will be replaced.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 2nd January 2016, 02:44 AM
rainy day Initiate

I feel like the dress for the winter medley was from the Zutto.../Last minute/Walk photo shoot.

Anyway, good show overall, the costumes were really hit or miss for me though. I LOVED WARNING. The choreography was so exciting when they used people on the runway tbh.
Old 2nd January 2016, 02:53 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I had a great seat right in front of the center walkway.

I generally enjoyed the setlist but still don't like Warning and Marionette lol.
Also I laughed when she made a mistake singing appears-- "kao wo tsunaide" literally means like joining faces together xD

I do wish the Japanese theme was stronger. It was really only like what...3 performances? So this is one of those concerts with a very loose thread of continuity haha.

But hey, it's a CDL.

I'm assuming that if she uses this theme for the tour, the entire winter ballad section will be replaced.
Bring back Moments, part of Me, I am..., Will (i almost did a will.i.am here), Pray, Dolls, Story
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:24 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
That's how I felt, the theme is barely used.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:45 AM
Two of us Initiate

Love this version GREEN and the opening.
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:54 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Bring back Moments, part of Me, I am..., Will (i almost did a will.i.am here), Pray, Dolls, Story
Yes! : I especially want Moments, part of Me, I am... and Will. Hopefully she puts them in for the Arena Tour.
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:36 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Well, I saw her referencing some japanese elements here and there during the show. Besides the obvious moments for us (GREEN, Ivy), she used eastern instrumentation during WARNING and UNITE! bridges, plus the whole kawaii session (the fluffy bunny outfit is so damn Japanese, not in a traditional way, but I guess she's using many references of what "japanese" is).

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2015-2016, made in tokyo