Review of NEXT LEVEL in the Sept issue of Singapore's TEENS magazine - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17th August 2009, 11:53 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Review of NEXT LEVEL in the Sept issue of Singapore's TEENS magazine

I finished my Business Finance final exam today & earlier on before I went back home , I went to the petrol station to check whether should I get some food/drink before dinner (which in the end I didn't lol) & I saw that the latest Sept issue of TEENS is already up & the writer Raine Koh reviewed NEXT LEVEL .

The cover boy for the latest TEENS is chinese pop singer Nicholas Zhang & you can read the review if you have a physical hard copy of it on page 69 .

I took these photos with my camera phone :

upclose shot of it

in case you guys are not able to read the review because of the sub par pics that I took , here it's :

One of the most productive entertainers , ayumi hamasaki (or Ayu for short) returns with her 10th studio album , NEXT LEVEL . For the 1st 6 tracks of the album , the listeners are thrown into a game music fantasy of with hints of 80's retro . The tracks are fun , but 6 tracks of similar sounding songs does not rank high on originality .

Ayu finally serves something different on the plate from track 7 onwards . GREEN highlights Ayu's vocals with the use of traditional Japanese instruments . In this writer's opinion , the song Rule , part of the Dragonball movie soundtrack is a breakthough for Ayu . The pop-rock number is awesome in every aspect .

rank - 4/5

email TEENS for positive/negative & whatever feedback via teensea@epl.com.sg .

===

mmm I honestly don't know how should I feel about this review . The part where Raine Koh wrote 'The tracks are fun , but 6 tracks of similar sounding songs does not rank high on originality' kinda ruffled up my feathers a bit but other than that , I'm OK with it .

A bit annoyed that she didn't commented on the later part of NEXT LEVEL & let alone Curtain call , Sparkle & even Days

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site