[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of Sunrise/Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ -starting over- - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th August 2009, 12:06 PM
Lelio Protector

talkin' 2 myself sold on the first day (15,010 x 1.75) 26,268.

S/S has a good chance to outsell it.

It seems like talkin' 2 myself will remain the scapegoat as of the late era of ayu.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 12th August 2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:07 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

For a pretty bad single (imo) this is doing quite well. To me, the songs and pvs just look like they cut corners... same tune, 2 songs, same stage, 2 pvs. Unattractive covers, not really memorable songs, so... I'm pleasantly surprised at the sales! Make it to numbah 1!!!
Old 12th August 2009, 12:08 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

talkin' 2 myself only debuted with around 25k dropping to 16k the second day if I remember well, it still managed to sell 110k. Which means that this single will too

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 12th August 2009, 12:16 PM
glitter Initiate

thanks for ur info about the lowest selling singles guys ^^

anyway, I'm sure sales won't affect ayu, I don't think
Old 12th August 2009, 12:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
LMAO. Good music doesn't mean good sales. What you or I consider good music might not be what others consider good music.

The first day is ok, with some luck the single could end up selling similar to Rule/Sparkle in the end. Until I see how the 2nd day goes, it's hard to say how the single will do. Hopefully it won't drop under 20k tomorrow.

Compared to the most recent efforts by other female artists who gained their popularity more recently this is very good. It will surely end up selling over 100k.
Rule/Sparkle is a Good single and the songs are Amazing. =/ It has the right to have higher sale. What make u LMAO about that? Am I wrong sayin' it's better than this horribly boring single?

My Facebook: Rocky Raven

Please come and join Amuro-Namie New Forum

Old 12th August 2009, 12:30 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURREAL__RAINBOW View Post
thanks for ur info about the lowest selling singles guys ^^

anyway, I'm sure sales won't affect ayu, I don't think
Generally those sales are undeniably still good they will affect ayu (well avex) with a great profit.
If it will manage to sell 130,000 (like R/S) or 115,000+ it will be really good since it will sell similar to namie's single (who just had a million and a half selling album). The only three who passed that are YUI, ayu (with D/G that is considered 2009 in oricon year and is the 2nd best selling single by a female artist this year) and that enka singer with ai no mamade that has the best selling single by a female artist of this year.

We can see that female artists didn't so much great with singles this year.
That's why if S/S will manage 115,000+ in total it will be great since averagely it seems to be the new great, or at least above average for female singers with singles.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:38 PM
TO BE Initiate

this was from the 3 days of talkin' 2 myself...

26,267 + 17,477 + 8,947 = 52,691

S/S probably will sell more
Old 12th August 2009, 12:39 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Generally those sales are undeniably still good they will affect ayu (well avex) with a great profit.
If it will manage to sell 130,000 (like R/S) or 115,000+ it will be really good since it will sell similar to namie's single (who just had a million and a half selling album). The only three who passed that are YUI, ayu (with D/G that is considered 2009 in oricon year and is the 2nd best selling single by a female artist this year) and that enka singer with ai no mamade that has the best selling single by a female artist of this year.

We can see that female artists didn't so much great with singles this year.
That's why if S/S will manage 115,000+ in total it will be great since averagely it seems to be the new great, or at least above average for female singers with singles.
ohh I see! oh well xD

deep inside I hope this single do not sell much, first because is a weak single so it does not deserve high sales, and second because I hope she understands that she needs a break
Old 12th August 2009, 12:41 PM
Lelio Protector

I actually think that it's her strongest summer single since INSPIRE.

I really wouldn't mind if it would outsell, fairyland, BLUE BIRD or glitter/fated but it has no chance
Old 12th August 2009, 12:43 PM
Replace Initiate

mmm. I don't like the single overall, I don't have any hopes
Old 12th August 2009, 12:59 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

I hope her 1st week sales will beat YUI's 1st week
x->1->1->1->1->1->1 - YUI - 33,816 + 32,238 + 16,141 + 9,110 + 9,760 + 8,494 = 109,559
Old 12th August 2009, 01:01 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Edit: ^ Wow... YUI could sell around the same on the 2nd day? I dun think ayu can do that at this point..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I actually think that it's her strongest summer single since INSPIRE.

I really wouldn't mind if it would outsell, fairyland, BLUE BIRD or glitter/fated but it has no chance
you know... I gave too much expectation from fairyland, and its episode II (BB) and III (glitter) were pretty lame (in terms of the similarity of the tunes). But fairyland still sold decently (about 170K on the 1st week, over 300K in the end), and BB was a bounce back from the so called horrible sales from B&D and Startin'. Not to mention that BB sold over 160K on the first week (last single able to sell over 150 on the first week, and over 250K in the end).

Just my opinion... I dun think S/S is that strong compared to fairyland and BB... . Even dumping away the sales and other factors... The quality itself isn't that great at all. Probly I've heard Sunset for 20 times at least, but the play counts of Sunrise on my playlist is less than 5..

Last edited by bluegie; 12th August 2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12th August 2009, 01:02 PM
End of the World Initiate

Well, since Oricon doesn't count online downloads, we cant say how popular or not popular this single is, because not many people will buy physical singles anymore..

But I dont think Sunrise has done bad.
It's gonna go strong~
Old 12th August 2009, 01:07 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ayu is never a big seller on digitals. Even tho she may get weekly no. 1 on downloads (e.g., Days), the sales figure may not look as good as, let's say hikki. I can't remember.. but did Days' overall download exceed 500K (ringtones + full song combined?)
Old 12th August 2009, 01:10 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Edit: ^ Wow... YUI could sell around the same on the 2nd day? I dun think ayu can do that at this point..

you know... I gave too much expectation from fairyland, and its episode II (BB) and III (glitter) were pretty lame (in terms of the similarity of the tunes). But fairyland still sold decently (about 170K on the 1st week, over 300K in the end), and BB was a bounce back from the so called horrible sales from B&D and Startin'. Not to mention that BB sold over 160K on the first week (last single able to sell over 150 on the first week, and over 250K in the end).

Just my opinion... I dun think S/S is that strong compared to fairyland and BB... . Even dumping away the sales and other factors... The quality itself isn't that great at all. Probly I've heard Sunset for 20 times at least, but the play counts of Sunrise on my playlist is less than 5..
yeah.. I dont think that Ayu can sell very high on 2nd day..
it will fall down like a rock tomorrow...
ughh.. so scary.

Sunrise/Sunset doesnt deserve to sell more than BB or fairyland...
Fairyland has a mega PV and sunrise/sunset has a PV like watching chess tournament

Old 12th August 2009, 01:18 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
^ayu is never a big seller on digitals. Even tho she may get weekly no. 1 on downloads (e.g., Days), the sales figure may not look as good as, let's say hikki. I can't remember.. but did Days' overall download exceed 500K (ringtones + full song combined?)
Since Together When... that sold 970,000 digitally, it's correct that ayu has no digital hits.
MW and Days full songs sold 100,000 digitally and the ringtones weren't certified though the singles sold 190,000+.

I Don't think that we should compare ayu's sales to hikki. (Specially not from 2007 and not to the songs that had those amount of huge legal downloads).

People here have different tastes, some will like fairyland more than BB and Sunrise, some will like BB more than fairyland and Sunrise and some will like Sunrise more than fairyland and BB, I'm one of those people .
It's almost as good as July 1st imo.
The fact that it sounds closer to July 1st more than the other type of summer songs might do it for me.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 12th August 2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12th August 2009, 01:26 PM
Curtain call Initiate

what gackt is#3!!!! awesome
for me ayu is doing really well
Old 12th August 2009, 01:34 PM
Lelio Protector

I want to add something to the first page:

ayu's total sales for 2009 by far!

A COMPLETE ~ALL SINGLES~ (2009 oricon year): 32,516 [total 851,134]
Days/GREEN Single: 190,891
NEXT LEVEL album: 372,665
Rule/Sparkle Single: 130,816

Total Sales by far of 2009: 726,888

With DVDs

ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR 2008~10th anniversary~ Live in TAIPEI DVD: 73,625
ayumi hamasaki PREMIUM COUNTDOWN LIVE 2008-2009 A DVD: 67,696

Total Sales by far of 2009 with DVD sales: 868,209

With the new single it might reach 970,000-980,000 and if she will release another single by the end of the oricon year she will, again, sell more than million copies overall for 2009 which is great.
Old 12th August 2009, 01:38 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Thanks for the all sales 2009..

I have feeling than with Sunrise/Sunset she can reach 1 million sales this year
Old 12th August 2009, 01:47 PM
Far away Initiate

I hope that I have hope for this single to sell well