Party Queen / Power of Music / CDL 2011-2012 official covers - Page 21 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th February 2012, 06:07 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsixthirty View Post
but she pretty much confirmed the tabloid idea....so it kinda works with that.

and they already revealed the boxset with the album inside. it'd be a lot of work just to turn around and troll us.
aw, you just crushed my dreams

tbh these covers are far from her worst; but i'd rather have her a bit more dressed up. party queens dont need to be in their undies. but at the same time, why not?

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 29th February 2012, 06:08 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocopockymaster View Post
HAHA. You have a point.

omg don't even mention the masterpiece that was MY STORY in the same sentence as these horrendous covers.
hahaha ^^ I meant her poses are very similar and is also a bedroom photoshoot =).

Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
The LIFE STYLE BOOK is still coming out alongside the photobook and Party Queen.
Yes, but maybe she took the old photoshoot for the book and decided to use it for the album's covers.
That would mean they didn't have any photoshoot left for the book and she had to make other ones before the release. Maybe the recent ones with the pink wig are for the Life style book ?
Also it would explain why she's releasing a photobook of "Party Queen", because she'd have the scrapped original photoshoot (from November) not used in the covers / booklet.
Initiate

Quote:
we can? the cover is so tiny that it looks exactly the same to me. maybe the cover is a little brighter/smoother.
well, at least you can tell that some lines on her face as well as the shape of the muscle on her arm are softened.
Old 29th February 2012, 06:09 PM
monochrome Initiate

what a bunch of SANCTIMONIOUS...

Old 29th February 2012, 06:09 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She has done slipcases before, so I don't think that it can be ruled out just yet.

When I was talking 'real' covers, I meant that the cover underneath when you actually take the album out might be different.

I think she just wanted to take it to the extreme for some reason. Maybe it wouldn't be obvious enough?

Quote:
Yes, but maybe she took the old photoshoot for the book and decided to use it for the album's covers.
That would mean they didn't have any photoshoot left for the book and she had to make other ones before the release. Maybe the recent ones with the pink wig are for the Life style book ?
Also it would explain why she's releasing a photobook of "Party Queen", because she'd have the scrapped original photoshoot (from November) not used in the covers / booklet.
The LIFE STYLE BOOK was never intended to really have any 'photoshoots'. It's a book where she'll have beauty tips, photos without makeup, describing her favorite spots around Japan, and so on. It was never really a 'photobook'.

The recent shots in the pink wig appear to have been taken by Leslie during a video shoot (Masashi Muto was present) so that is either for the tour or an upcoming release.

And the Party Queen photobook is said to be never before seen shots from the album's shoot, which implies that we will probably get shots from that shoot in the album as well, otherwise there's no reason for it to be tied into Party Queen.

We don't know if anything is scrapped until we actually have the album and look through the booklet/whatever else so I don't know if it's the best time to assume that whatever she did in London was trashed.

Last edited by truehappiness; 29th February 2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 06:10 PM
ourselves Initiate

Her hand looks like a mutant claw on the CD+DVD
Old 29th February 2012, 06:10 PM
Because of You Initiate

if that was the concept they were going for..... they could have gotten such an amazing piece of artwork done....my god..
Old 29th February 2012, 06:15 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
we can? the cover is so tiny that it looks exactly the same to me. maybe the cover is a little brighter/smoother.
Colors/bright and nails:

For your smile, I can do anything
15th anniversary 2002~2017
[08072016] Arena Tour 2016 M(A)DE in JAPAN

Old 29th February 2012, 06:15 PM
Lelio Protector

My Duty theory was right
Old 29th February 2012, 06:16 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUOYUXIANG View Post
Maybe the music can tell. maybe this is the first time for her that the image and musical content work together to tell the concept?
Well, actually is not really the first time... Most of her albums covers and booklets, if not all of them, really goes in the direction of the overall concept. The thing is, her idea behind her albums are never direct or obvious, as she (and any other artist) prefer to let people appreciate the piece of work and take their own conclusions about it....

And sometimes, the final product must be ugly in order to convey the intented idea, like (miss)monkeysmile cover for example... It's not pretty, but conveys perfectly both the lyrical themes of the album and the music aesthetics she took inspiration from^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
My Duty theory was right
Duty theory? uhm?
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Oh, they also used one shot from this shoot for the January 2012 ViVi.

Spoiler:
Old 29th February 2012, 06:17 PM
Love song H-Initiate

all english twits

@ayu_19980408: U need the reason now? Plz wait till u get them then u'll c n feel ! sweetie ; ))) RT
@Mdionayu: why this choice for the covers?

@A_Tal_Segal: Covers are so party queen hahaha =D
@ayu_19980408: Really??? 2 me, She looks very sad that is why I love them☆RT

@Blasterion: or maybe the party queen wants to escape the party? @ayu_19980408 I don't know?
@ayu_19980408: I think she doesn't wanna b a party queen.RT

@korikaze: why does she look sad?
@ayu_19980408: Coz look at her!!! She is a lonely queen. RT

@asmAyumi: Party Queen covers must have a very deep feeling to it. Right Ayu?
@ayu_19980408: U right☆ RT

@Mami_chan84: So you didn't want to give to the covers a party feeling but a sad look.. Smart girl you are! ; )
@ayu_19980408: ; ))) RT

@eve_19931001: at the same time, I thought that these covers are a parody of tabloid mags. Am I right?~
@ayu_19980408: U r genius!!!!!!!!! RT

@MADMishi_Ghost: Aw : ( yes she does look lonely..
@ayu_19980408: 'Freedom' thats what she most wanted 2 but its never gonna happen I THINK RT

@Mdionayu: u don't think that one pix is hot?
@ayu_19980408: I dont care if its hot or not. Important thing is its meaningful 2 me or not ; )RT

@twittingcheese: sounds like the album will be kinda dark and not so party
@ayu_19980408: They have lots of faces like a human. RT

@sbnayu: But I guess queen has to be lonely, right?
@ayu_19980408: Right. Also i think she's still in the cage same as Duty...or went back?RT
Old 29th February 2012, 06:18 PM
rainy day Initiate

Defending these as "parodies of magazine/tabloids" is ridiculous. Koda has been doing faux magazine covers for the past two calanders of her and they turned out fan-effing-tastic. Regardless of the idea behind them, the photos are amateur and cluttery. It's not the idea behind them that I am upset about, it's the photos themselves that they chose to use. They are just so terrible (except CD only) and the design behind them.
Old 29th February 2012, 06:19 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi(e) View Post
Colors/bright and nails:

hey, that's not so bad. at least they didn't edit her jaw like they used to in her shimoko shoots.
Old 29th February 2012, 06:19 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

About the concept... Really, the sarcastic feeling of the cover is really easy to notice after taking a quick look on the setlist. The damn album starts with a person being a party queen and ends with someone saying that they don't know how beautiful they are. It's kinda obvious...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th February 2012, 06:20 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Defending these as "parodies of magazine/tabloids" is ridiculous. Koda has been doing faux magazine covers for the past two calanders of her and they turned out fan-effing-tastic. Regardless of the idea behind them, the photos are amateur and cluttery. It's not the idea behind them that I am upset about, it's the photos themselves that they chose to use. They are just so terrible (except CD only) and the design behind them.
Because ayu has a "XXth ALBUM" with a barcode under it on every album cover right?
Old 29th February 2012, 06:20 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumi(e) View Post
Colors/bright and nails:

THAT SUPER AWKWARD feeling you get when you realize that it's not a bucket with suspicious items in it, but a lamp............*hides*
Old 29th February 2012, 06:21 PM
Two of us Initiate

I really hope there's gonna be a slipcase, and under them different covers with her in tears, a lot darker.
If that's the case I would love them. It would also explain why she's saying she looks sad and lonely in them, and also the "you'll see why when you get them" tweet.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2011-2012, party queen, power of music