[Article] Pop Music Emergency: Ayumi Hamasaki Moving Towards Becoming Completely Deaf! - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 05:27 PM
Dolls Initiate

I'm sure she expected it since the same situation happened back in 2008.
Old 23rd May 2017, 01:18 AM
still alone Initiate

New article added from Crunchyroll and also Nextshark. I have never heard of that one.
But they used really nice photos for that one.

Last edited by EndOfTheWorld; 23rd May 2017 at 01:24 AM.
Old 24th May 2017, 04:05 AM
still alone Initiate

I found this really nice video made by a Youtuber about Ayu. I see a good amount of warm comments too.

This video reports the facts but also touches upon the two perspectives of Ayu's decision.
Old 24th May 2017, 05:41 AM
BLUE BIRD Protector

http://otakuusamagazine.com/LatestNe...-Ear-8981.aspx

Got this in an email today. The actual email subject was "Singer Ayumi Hamasaki Losing Hearing in Right Ear." I was surprised to see that in my inbox, really...

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 24th May 2017, 05:59 AM
still alone Initiate

A friend of mine who actually doesn't even like Ayu saw that article and sent a screenshot of it to me saying she was shocked. I'll add it to the list.
I am surprised how global it has become and that the news is reaching people who do not even follow Ayu.
Old 24th May 2017, 09:10 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

Thanks for the news round-up. I am sure Ayu expected this to happen - posting it on Team Ayu just made sure her fans found out first, but there's no way she meant for this to be kept a secret. She just let the word spread naturally rather than an official press release.
I'm still processing it all myself, it feels horrible. I always hoped her loss of hearing before was a freak situation due to severe tinnitus and damage from the ear infection she had in 2000. But now the other ear as well? It's too sad...
Old 24th May 2017, 09:37 AM
ourselves Initiate

So true, I didnt expect this news to get a wode coverage from my country, Malaysia's, local media. And so many people who are not fans but surely knew her from the famous Trauma dance video are symphatising with her. Poor Ayu... it is heartbreaking to see the headlines everywhere on the net
Old 24th May 2017, 10:04 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post
Thanks for the news round-up. I am sure Ayu expected this to happen - posting it on Team Ayu just made sure her fans found out first, but there's no way she meant for this to be kept a secret. She just let the word spread naturally rather than an official press release.
I'm still processing it all myself, it feels horrible. I always hoped her loss of hearing before was a freak situation due to severe tinnitus and damage from the ear infection she had in 2000. But now the other ear as well? It's too sad...
Sure.
I thought it would be good to collect the news in one place and also to document the moment. This is one of the most historic moments in Ayu history.
Another interesting thing is that I believe the fact that this news has become so global proves that Ayu is actually still very relevant despite declining sales. I mean for American places like OtakuUSA and Crunchyroll to make a whole article about her is impressive.
Old 25th May 2017, 01:32 AM
End of the World Initiate

I'm so sad, I want more albums and tours and go to a to tour. I'm not surprised about this because she was doing a lot of lives every year, the tour, two ta tours, and the countdown live. Maybe if she was doing tours with 3 years of difference the problem doesn't happen now but in the future.
Old 25th May 2017, 11:25 AM
no more words Initiate

I regret having not gone to a tour when I was in Japan, but as a 'lost fan' (someone who hasn't been following her for the past few years), I still want her to be able to do what she loves. To me, that means taking a break for a bit; she's probably the most hard-working entertainer, and has been so for at least 15 years. She deserves at least a year to take care of herself and "be selfish".
Old 25th May 2017, 01:17 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I'm not sure if someone said it but the German site 'Sumikai' also wrote about this. https://sumikai.com/news/nachrichten...ieren-179181/#

Old 25th May 2017, 02:54 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
[/url]
i looove your profile picture

I want to turn into a flower, grow thorns,
wither, fall and rot away
Don’t pick me up, leave me
Forget me

Old 25th May 2017, 04:01 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next_Level29 View Post
i looove your profile picture
Aw, thank you!

Old 25th May 2017, 05:34 PM
ourselves Initiate

It breaks my heart into pieces seeing more and more news about Ayu on our local media sites, reading it in your own language, ugh, like suddenly everyone cares about Ayumi Hamasaki and not this is not a fun/good news to be hyped about. >_>

God please, hoping for a miracle to happen...
Old 25th May 2017, 09:39 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
I'm not sure if someone said it but the German site 'Sumikai' also wrote about this. https://sumikai.com/news/nachrichten...ieren-179181/#
It probably would be good to add articles in other languages besides English for the users who don't know English well.

I just added a new article by Arama. A Musician’s Sacrifice: Ayumi Hamasaki and 9 other Japanese artists with hearing damage
I had no idea that other artists like Mika Nakashima had hearing problems at any point in time. Interesting.
And to be honest I feel that Arama should remove it's April Fool's article of Ayu. It was in poor taste to begin with and was almost a bit hateful. Now with the news of Ayu facing more hearing challenges, I feel that it would be respectful to remove it. I know if I was the person who wrote that piece, I would feel so guilty right about now.
Old 28th May 2017, 11:03 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
A Musician’s Sacrifice: Ayumi Hamasaki and 9 other Japanese artists with hearing damage
I had no idea that other artists like Mika Nakashima had hearing problems at any point in time. Interesting.
MIKA hasn't just had hearing problems. She also almost permanently lost her voice around the end of 2010. She went on indefinite hiatus just before the release of her album STAR.

-> <-
Old 3rd June 2017, 04:05 PM
ayu trance Initiate

How are there not more comments in here, and how is it than anyone here is saying anything other than this is a tragedy and I feel so bad for her, she has sacrificed so much. Can you imagine how much she's going to die spiritually if she goes completely deaf? She won't be able to hear or make music ever again! Ayu, you've done enough, I hope you take what you still have and retire. I'd rather her be happy with some hearing for the rest of her life than have us suck her dry. She's done enough for us.

Last edited by gogirlanime; 3rd June 2017 at 04:09 PM.
Old 5th June 2017, 02:08 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

More comments are in the other thread where we first got the news.
Old 6th June 2017, 09:48 AM
still alone Initiate

Yeah I just created this thread to kind of document the event for Ayu history.
The official Ayu statement is another post that came before this.

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, hearing loss