You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 13th November 2009, 09:54 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
I just don't see the point if she's going to play it safe and avoid competition... I mean, it's fine to take advantage of a weak market, but when you're moving the initial release date around just because competition comes along.. That's ridiculous imo.
It's not our point, it's the Japanese point. If they dun really care about the no. 1 streak, B'z or Mr. Children or KinKi Kids or ayu will not try to avoid each other and other strong competitors to maintain their own streaks. Have you ever seen B'z releases a single to battle, let's say, Arashi? No way they will do it. Does Mr. Children (or their company) decides to battle KinKi Kids? Not that we've seen so far.

So I can tell you that it's definitely not ridiculous at all. If avex didn't really care about ayu's no. 1 streak, it would not use so much power to keep MW being no. 1 from SCS. I have no idea why Universal would put Fukuyama Masaharu there but I think avex will really move the release date up or further. If not, I think avex is going crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody! View Post
the last time she was up against fukuyama, she won... But... this time it may be too difficult :/

Last time she won Fukuyama because the single he released (虹 〜もうひとつの夏〜) was kinda like a remix of the prevous single 虹, which was released a year ago. Of course that time people thought he would win the battle because 虹 was very popular in 2003. But ayu's INSPIRE won in the end, and at that point no one really thought about no. 1 streak from ayu, so it's ok to see her losing no. 1 anywayz.

Last edited by bluegie; 13th November 2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
But ayu's INSPIRE won in the end, and at that point no one really thought about no. 1 streak from ayu, so it's ok to see her losing no. 1 anywayz.
The amount of #1 singles she'd racked up then was pretty big [though of course, it's much bigger now, hahaha] but I think most people just didn't spaz on the forums then. I remember being around during that era and no one really talked much about the releases' ranking. In fact, a lot more talking in general goes on around here than in years past.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:59 AM
Lelio Protector

Yep, it's definitely a blanket and I want it! T_T

Instead of moving the date it might look like the avex marketing is going to be gifting again (and maybe mass outdoors promotion as well?) ala MW just not a surprise in the middle of week sort of thing.

(Aiming for huge first day sales or something? =P)

Unless if they will move it eventually.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 13th November 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:01 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Fukuyama has a tie-up with Toshiba's LCD TV brand, Regza. Apparently it wasn't supposed to be a single and was to remain a CM/chaku-uta download track... but then after fans wanted a single, they made one.

I have a feeling that avex is most definitely going to do some switching around of the dates. I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T.
oh I see I didn't know about Hatsukoi having a tie in since I just know about his new single a while back ago LOL

anyway if avex decides to push the single a week in front or a week later , it's OK since there's not much competition going on in Dec until Fukuyama Masaharu-san came in D:

if they're not going to do that , then they better promote this single like there's no tomorrow

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 13th November 2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
The amount of #1 singles she'd racked up then was pretty big [though of course, it's much bigger now, hahaha] but I think most people just didn't spaz on the forums then. I remember being around during that era and no one really talked much about the releases' ranking. In fact, a lot more talking in general goes on around here than in years past.
Oh yes we didn't talk about ranking back then rite? I think back then... I was like, "oh well she's losing popularity so eventually she will not getting no. 1 anywayz." And I dun think the Japanese media emphasized on her no. 1 streak that much until probly after (m)u era.

But anywayz.. I would rather see avex moving You were.../BALLAD to another release date. Fukuyama's avg first week sales should be over 100K. I dun think ayu will have any chance to get no. 1 if avex doesn't do anything at all.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

The week before has the SOUTHERN ALL STARS male vocalist or whatever, Keisuke Kuwata. He's the guy who released a DVD on the same date as AT07 to sell 100k+ that week, leaving Ayu in #2 for the DVD charts that week.

If they were to move it, they'd move it to the 2nd or 23rd, with the 23rd being the most likely choice.

Quote:
Oh yes we didn't talk about ranking back then rite? I think back then... I was like, "oh well she's losing popularity so eventually she will not getting no. 1 anywayz." And I dun think the Japanese media emphasized on her no. 1 streak that much until probly after (m)u era.
I think we did talk about it, but it just wasn't something that people focused on intently. Also, perhaps many at the time just took for granted that she'd smash the competition. Which she usually did for the most part. And now that things aren't so favorable towards Ayu, more people talk about it.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th November 2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:05 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

that's a blanket?i thought it was a wallet to put member card

Old 13th November 2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Yep, it's definitely a blanket and I want it! T_T

Instead of moving the date it might look like the avex marketing is going to be gifting again (and maybe mass outdoors promotion as well?) ala MW just not a surprise in the middle of week sort of thing.

(Aiming for huge first day sales or something? =P)

Unless if they will move it eventually.
Giving gift can't do the magic this time. First of all I dun think gift will boost up the sales that much. Secondly, last time MW got an unbelievable ridiculous boost because they sold the singles during concert dates.

桑田 佳祐 is on the week before.?? Then avex can't move the release date ahead. They can only move it back.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:13 AM

avex definitely should decide to push the single back to 23rd Dec if possible

doesn't seem to have much strong artistes's singles being released on that day - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/newrelease/...ate=2009-12-23

2nd Dec NO GO at all because of the temporary unit Snow Prince Gassho Dan who's under Johnny's

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 13th November 2009, 10:13 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

this blanket won't help much as this is ONLY for TA =.="

Old 13th November 2009, 10:15 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
桑田 佳祐 is on the week before.?? Then avex can't move the release date ahead. They can only move it back.
I don't think they'll move it back, as I've never seen them to that before I kinda think the release date is going to stay the same. The fight could be amusing after all as the charts have been boring lately

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 13th November 2009, 10:15 AM

yeah that's why I said avex has 2 options

1) push the single back to 23rd Dec

2) if not , promote it like MAD as compared to what they did for Sunrise/Sunset (or the lack of promo)

Old 13th November 2009, 10:16 AM

One concern tho... Is that week (23rd) the last weekly chart for oricon, or will it be that the famous "two weeks into one" weekly chart? (I think it should be the former one rite...?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I don't think they'll move it back, as I've never seen them to that before I kinda think the release date is going to stay the same. The fight could be amusing after all as the charts have been boring lately
Avex does, but not on ayu (not that I can remember). They did that to kuu, ai, and ami before I think. I remember kuu vs. ai-chan one time, and later on they moved ai-chan a week after. It's not unusual to see companies shifting release dates back and forth anywayz.

Last edited by bluegie; 13th November 2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:17 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

1 question :
has she ever postpone the date of her single/album release before?

Old 13th November 2009, 10:26 AM
glitter Initiate

ugh I dunno but I'm sure she's gonna be alright.... if the single rocks, why would we have to worry that much??

if the single sucks, then we all know that it doesn't deserve good sales.

if the single rocks but it sells really bad in the first day/week... then I dunno lol (But I don't think so )
Old 13th November 2009, 10:27 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Time to everyone pre-order all three versions

I don't know for ayumi's case but I have seen her other label mates's releases being shifted around , like for Koda Kumi's stay with me , It's all Love ! with misono

glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
Time to everyone pre-order all three versions
done that
Old 13th November 2009, 10:28 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
One concern tho... Is that week (23rd) the last weekly chart for oricon, or will it be that the famous "two weeks into one" weekly chart? (I think it should be the former one rite...?)
A week prior to the one starting on 16th December is the last Oricon week of 2009.

Quote:
Avex does, but not on ayu (not that I can remember). They did that to kuu, ai, and ami before I think. I remember kuu vs. ai-chan one time, and later on they moved ai-chan a week after. It's not unusual to see companies shifting release dates back and forth anywayz.
I meant in Ayu's case, I've noticed that they do it at times with other artists in question. And I know it's generally being done.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 13th November 2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
A week prior to the one starting on 16th December is the last Oricon week of 2009.

I meant in Ayu's case, I've noticed that they do it at times with other artists in question. And I know it's generally being done.
Hmmn, I checked oricon, and I think 23rd should be a single weekly chart. The next week tho will be a double weekly chart (I see Gackt's release date as 2010.01.01 on the week of Dec 27th --> Jan 02nd).

So let's hope avex moving You were.../BALLAD to the 23rd then .
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, tinker bell, you were.../ballad