The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 23rd March 2010, 01:50 AM
Because of You Initiate

The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!)

This thread is for your thought for the album "Rock'n'Roll Circus", including covers, songs, PV.

Now, as March 22, 2010, one new song, which is Mircophone, is leaked. What do you think ?
Download link : http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99532

I totally love how Rock it is. I want to know if THE introduction flows smoothly to this song, like Introduction to Fly high, and Startin' over to Duty.

Cover:
CD only

CD+DVD

The marketing strategy: Personally, the marketing this time is new because the album is going to be released two day after the tour starts. Which means, it can "push" more ayu fans to go to her first tour in this 2010 for watching and listening her new songs and performance. (I am sure there must have some crazy ayu die-hard fans who go to her first tour...)

The Cover idea: I think it is better than NEXT LEVEL, although I shouldn't compare them because both of them have different concepts (NEXT LEVEL tries to have a GAME-style, whereas RnRC is trying to have a Rock style). Only one thing I don't understand - what is that cute face doing with Rock n Roll?

The tracklist: unique and "ayu-ish", especially Lady Dynamite. Its title sounds like what ayu has done , e.g. my name's WOMEN, Ladies Night. However, Every Little Thing also has a song called Jump!, so I will see if ayu gets implies by elt.

PV: so far from the previews of the PV, I think they will be fun and largely reflects to ayu. I am surprised of the "bloody" sense of Don't Look Back (from Vivi diary).

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 23rd March 2010 at 02:18 AM.
Old 23rd March 2010, 02:09 AM
No way to say Initiate

I personally think this is an amazing album from what we have so far: awesome PVs+photobook from the DejiDeji pics we've gotten... The covers are beautiful, although the CD only version is slightly creepy... Microphone is fabulous and rockish and epic and fierce

Overall an extremely promising album
Old 23rd March 2010, 04:05 AM
ourselves Initiate

Isn't this the point of the threads in the news section? xD
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:27 PM
Dolls Initiate

well, I think the cover try to present the "Circus" concept more than the "Rock 'n' Roll" one IMO...

and that's why she's doing that cute face~ and the tattoo.. o.O

Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another...

Old 24th March 2010, 02:54 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlastingRAINBOW View Post
Isn't this the point of the threads in the news section? xD
I have no idea why that kind of discussion belongs to NEWS section. This section supposedly is talking about what related to ayu PV, Songs, etc.

It seems overlapped to me.

Sexy Little Thing/count down/ Lady Dynamite / LOW QUALITY LEAKED.
DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99587

Since they are LQ, but they sounds very interesting to me.
Sexy Little Things sounds like NEXT LEVEL style that a bit electro but not at all. Interesting. Ayu is trying something new again. Looking forward the PV + HQ song

Not going to comment Lady Dynamite based on LQ.

I thought count down is a intro, after listening it, it seems a full song! Ayu, you surprise me! It seems fit the tracklist which is after Microphone.

Last edited by kotora; 24th March 2010 at 06:40 AM.
Old 24th March 2010, 06:41 AM
Because of You Initiate

Pictures from the PV of Sexy Little Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedwigie View Post
I came across some Sexy little things photos when checking out another forum XD

But I don't see anyone posts the photos here so I decide to post it here.

(If the photos were posted, then please delete this thread)

Enjoy~

Not going to say ayu recycle the outfit from Mircophone because she firmed Microphone and Sexy Little Things in London, but it seems fit Sexy Little Things as well.

Old 25th March 2010, 08:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

Dont look back is out
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99639

Don't look back maybe for some people are weird, but i like it. I love how the Arabic sounds. Exotica <3

Mircophone PV is out
http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99641

Now I understand why ayu has the same dress for SLT and Mircophone. It is because Mircophone is the second part of the series. They have connections.

Love it!!!!!!!!

(1) The finger moving is like selling iPod, iPhone for Apple LoL.
(2) OMG Batman Joker - wanted to recall Heath Ledger?
(3) Love the ending recall back Sexy Little Things PV, which is the ending of Mircophone PV is the beginning of Sexy Little Things PV, The ending of Sexy Little Things is the beginning of Mircophone PV. Awesome idea.

Last edited by kotora; 25th March 2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:53 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I think everything about this album is ridiculously amazing! It's already my favorite album.
Old 25th March 2010, 10:02 PM
too late Initiate

I think this album is turning out to be very interesting. To be honest, I wasn't expecting anything much different but tracks like 'Don't look back' and "Sexy little things' have kinda caught me off guard

I also just saw the Microphone PV and while I don't find it to be anything special, from a creative point of view I absolutely love it Can't wait for the other PV's to show up.

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 25th March 2010, 11:30 PM
from your letter Initiate

Don't look back definitely reminds me of vogue which is really refreshing. I don't think I'll ever love Sexy little things because I think Ayu's been over-doing the chromaticism in her melodies, and I'm still waiting to hear a really clear version of Lady Dynamite to make a decision.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:39 PM
SweetAquarian102

Incomplete REview...

I keep listening to "Microphone" over and over so it MUST be awesome...in fact I'm listening to it for the 6th time today...and I saw the PV, which is something I have to get used to! "Sexy Little things" was leaked, eh? So once I hear a better quality version of the song, I'll be able to give my opinion it...from the PV preview (which makes me happy since Ayumi wears that red outfit from "Microphone" PV in it)...Ayu's voice sounds so darn cute!!
Old 25th March 2010, 11:42 PM
winding road Initiate

I really am surprised by what I've heard so far. I really had no hopes for this album, and she's blowing me away I want April 14th so bad, everything is so goood~~

My ranking of all the songs we've heard so far:
Microphone
Sexy little things
You were...
Don't look back
RED LINE
count down
Sunrise
BALLAD
Lady Dynamite
Sunset

Can't wait <3 hurry April get here alraedy <3

Old 25th March 2010, 11:57 PM
Greatful days Initiate

So far, I've been pleasantly surprised by what this album seems to be offering.

My ranking for the songs thus far would be:
Microphone
BALLAD
Don't look back
count down
Lady Dynamite
You were...
Sexy little things
Sunrise
RED LINE
Sunset

Microphone and Don't look back are just so good! If you ask me, Sunrise should've somehow been on NEXT LEVEL, Sunset should've never existed, and Microphone / Don't look back should've been a single!

The Microphone PV is absolutely awesome too and I know the Sexy little things PV will be great too (even if I don't think I'll like the song!) Don't look back and Lady Dynamite's music videos look like they'll be awesome too.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:10 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
It reminds you of vogue!? Interesting! That's probably my second favourite Ayumi song, while Don't look back seems like it's going to be one of my least favourites, hah... But maybe if I can see the vogue-ness in it, that will save the song a bit for me. XP
Wow really? My gosh, it's probably my favorite Ayu song right now. That song is on FIRE! I kind of like that it's not overdone yet it's sultry, dark and sexy. And the way she says "don't look back" and then sings all low and soft, It's a fantasy come true!

Oh my ranking I suppose....:

Don't Look Back
Microphone
You Were...
Sunrise
BALLAD
RED LINE
Sunset
[Lady Dynamite/Sexy Little Things/count down] I only heard these once as to not spoil them too much >_<; I've really been failing hard at resisting these songs so I'm not going to listen to them again until I get the album.
Old 26th March 2010, 12:20 AM
Liar Initiate

Microphone is great! Don't Look Back sounds great as well!!
The three others... they will need some time to grow on me...
from the previous singles I enjoy Sunrise with Sunset a bit less
You were... it's still just okay to me I like BALLAD a bit more and I like Red Line a lot!

I won't be watching the PVs until I get my album...

so far I think Next Level is a bit better but I can't fully judge yet...
I just find the singles from NL were better and the album tracks have catchier melodies
but I will see in due time with RnRC but so far it's turning out really well!

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 26th March 2010, 01:01 AM
walking proud Initiate

Well even though the full album has yet to be released, I think it has a fun theme/concept. I feel like we're getting the more traditional Ayu back , yet we are also getting some new styles incorporated (ie. Sexy Little Things) - which is not uncommon for Ayu to do. NEXT LEVEL was a lot different, and while it was refreshing...it felt a little...I don't know un-Ayu? Either way, I'm looking forward to it (like I always do), and the album sounds promising from what I've heard. I think the only thing I don't really care for are the covers...which aren't awful, but definitely not as good as some of her other covers we've seen in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
On the other hand, there's a really special feeling to this one.. I can't really explain it...... It's like, no matter if I end up utterly sick of the songs I like right now and hating everything else about the album, I'll still like it as a whole. It kinda like..... This has a truly classic Ayu feel to it, as an album that we'll remember fondly, despite all the negatives there may be. NEXT LEVEL, on the other hand, is just kinda...there. It has some of her greatest songs (for me, at least - Days, identity and LOVE 'n' HATE are definitely three of my all time favourites, and I adore Sparkle), but there's.....something...missing. I guess, it seems that NEXT LEVEL was more of a just for fun, very carefree album, but this one seems to have a deeper part of Ayu that we will respect, regardless.
I agree 100% .

Last edited by CHE.R.RY; 26th March 2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 26th March 2010, 01:10 AM
winding road Initiate

imo, the single she should have released isn't Microphone/Don't look back, it's Microphone/Sexy little things <3

Or a 3A with all three of them I know I'd KILL for an official Don't look back Instrumental, I can't be the only one <3

Old 26th March 2010, 01:20 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

My ranking so far of the songs on the album:

Microphone
BALLAD
You were...
count down
Sexy little things
Don't look back
Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~
RED LINE ~for TA~
Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~
Lady Dynamite

I'm sorry, I really loved the last two albums, but I think Rock 'n' Roll Circus so far is just on a whole other level than both of them.

Last edited by love in music; 26th March 2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 26th March 2010, 01:26 AM
neverending dream Initiate

Well I listened to Don't look back up until the 1 minute mark.
I got to say I love the music but her vocals sounds strained to me.

I love Microphone <3
Old 26th March 2010, 01:59 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

dont look back..
lady dynamite
count down
sexy little thing
No one i like except microphone. I can say RnRC is her worst album so far for me

Tags
don't look back, lady dynamite, microphone, rock'n'roll circus, sexy little things