The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!) - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st April 2010, 03:41 AM
Secret Initiate

I LOVE SEXY LITTLE THINGS SO MUCH OMG, LOVE LOVE LOVE.

But the PV was boring.
Old 1st April 2010, 03:46 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
^ I totally missed the "shape"-ness going on, hah--I must find it!!
Amen girl, aaaaaaaaaaaaamen

So now that everything is pretty much out, is everyone MORE EXCITED (yay ) or less excited (boo )?
Old 1st April 2010, 03:55 AM
Connected Initiate

I Love sexy little things so much! the pv..so so so boring...@_@( but love her style in there)

and my favorite still Lady dynamite!!

| PM me for set request |

Old 1st April 2010, 04:02 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Microphone PV is great and the song blows me instantly!!
Sexy little things is addictive, I love it the cute tones and fast paced singing. The PV is ok, back to her weird style like Microphone.
I love both PV and music for Don't look back. Though the PV doesn't really match the song musical style but it's elegant.
Lady Dynamite is somehow lacking, the chorus didn't really catch my attention and the PV is typical Shimoko works, Ayu acting sexy and fierce with men dancing around her...*coughSparklecough*...~_~ I only love the scene when she holds lollipop and on the changing locker.

Last edited by terra; 1st April 2010 at 04:04 AM.
Old 1st April 2010, 04:08 AM
count down Initiate

I've not watched the other PVs, but here's my take on Microphone:

So I think the running themes for Microphone are "Appearance & Reality" and "The controller of your life is you".

So like, I think we have seen a lot of models and situations throughout the video, like the guy dancing out of the box, the sisters, the assassin, mad woman screaming into the megaphone, the janitor, the solider, the family... everything appears normal and stereotyped, but I think many of these situations were shown to have "shocks" or unexpected twists.

Like the janitor who turned out to be a dancer, or the solider who turned out to be a screaming woman... I think it's that message of "what appears to be is not the truth"... especially at the scene of the family where Ayu's "sister" is actually a dude... it highlights the message of "Appearance & Reality" even more.

Now, there are various transactions throughout the video, where a finger sorta swipes the screen in an iPhone manner; it appears there's a controller for many of the things happening, in particular the one scene where the finger controlled the drag brother to knock into Ayu and caused a fit; there's this "Who's this person controlling everything?" question in everyone's mind, which appears to be the Ayu walking down the catwalk, since she managed to crush and thrash all the various scenes, it seems like she's the one who's controlling everything, which explains the twists in the PV; she wants them to be like this.

This also brings up another point; where Ayu sort of tells us that she could be anyone in the scenes - a janitor, part of a happy family, an assassin, a clown, a mad woman, a good sister, a solider... anyone, but she chose to "thrash" all of that away in some way because she has decided who she wants to be - herself; that singer strutting her stuff down the runway... it feels like she's saying "This is who I've decided to be, and who I want to be."

In a way, she's controlling her life by choosing who she wants to be, no?

So, at the end we see everything moving backwards and it turns out the whole PV is like a video played on a player, and the one watching is the Ayu in Slt.

This reminds me of the theme/concept of Slt - girl power. We've seen so many shocks and twists in Microphone, but ultimately who's the one overseeing and watching everything? It's Ayu; a woman. I think this emphasizes the fact that women can control their lives as they want at this era, which explains the whole video player thing.

Another emphasis on the "women control their lives" was the scene with the family; where Ayu decided to stand up for herself and out of the table - we can see the rest of the family had that "omg wtf is she doing!?" face... I think it's a stereotype that girls can't do what they want; that girls can't control anything; it's like the Ayu in the table is saying "screw all of the stereotypes, I'm doing things my way, as I want it."

So yeah... I think the Microphone PV shows the concept of "Appearance & Reality" and "Controller of life is you" pretty well, and I understand the connection to Slt... I think it's like women control their lives, much like how Slt Ayu controls and watches everything that goes in Microphone.

One peeve I had was... the finger that swiped everything was odd. it wasn't the finger of Ayu in the runway, neither was it the finger of Ayu in Slt. it looks random, which doesn't provide any solid connection, which bothered me. lol I wished the finger would be like the one of Ayu in Slt so it would be cooler.

Just my 2 cents, and sorry if it's too long. it's been ages since I've watched an Ayu PV and had so much thoughts running through my mind

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 1st April 2010, 04:09 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I HOPE they would not dress like that in ARENA TOUR 2010 ! D:
are you serious? did they really show their penises? wouldn't that be x rated or something? lol I'm perfectly fine with them dressing like that at the next tour. If they do i kind of want to go to the tour. >>;
Old 1st April 2010, 04:52 AM
And Then Initiate

I agree, SLT sounds like a video game song...perfect for NEXT LEVEL. It might've been cool if the pv had a video game theme. lol
Old 1st April 2010, 07:04 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

OMG!, so far I really like this album..

don't look back has this "sound effect" (about 0:28) that seem so cheap and obsolete to me, everything else is ok, this could have been such a great and alternative song, but that "little" detail... mhh

sexy little things is cute, electronic and kinda unique, i really enjoyed the PV no matter the "gaga-or-not-gaga" thing, is a great song

microphone is good but for me it is not the best part of the album...

and finally lady dynamite, when I listened to the preview It didn't seem to have anything special, but the song grew on me, the PV is so darn GA-Y XD there's even a scene in men's bathroom where two boys are watching at each others pee-wees hahaha, that is so... not expected for an ayu PV

this is album is very different... but it has some old-ayu-style in it <3

Old 1st April 2010, 07:27 AM
End roll Initiate

I have really mixed feelings about this album so far. Like no other album.

The "Sunrise/Sunset" songs are basically non-existant to me so that shows how much I look forward to hearing them on the album.

"You were..." is as generic as I expected it to be but it's not terrible so I look forward to listening to it on the album's tracklist. I really like "BALLAD" though and can't wait to hear more of it.

After the singles I heard "Microphone" and I immediately lost hope in the album. I was afraid it would all turn out this generic and weakly produced. I couldn't even finish the video, it looked like an ad for the iPhone.

BUT then everything changed once "Don't look back" had leaked and I listened to it for the first time. From that moment I knew I would be buying this album A.S.A.P.

I recently watched the video for "Lady Dynamite" and I started getting mixed feelings again. The video is lack-luster and the song is just OK.

BUT then I watched the video for "Sexy Little Things" and I fell in love again. Wicked song and video.

But in the end I'm gonna buy the album because it's Ayumi and I love her. Also, I'm looking forward to being surprised like I was after I bought and listened to NEXT LEVEL. I can't wait
Old 1st April 2010, 07:56 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i decided to not download the PV...i will wait until i got my own copy...so the only PV that i download is Microphone, hopefully i'm strong enough to resist the tempation..amen...hahaha...

but i still download the song...
SLT - my fav song...usually i'm not really like cutesy song..but i don't know...i just like it...
LD - i don't know about this song...but maybe it will grow on me...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 1st April 2010, 08:06 AM
Initiate

new PVs:

Microphone: LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
SLT: i LOVE the beginning<3 evrythin else was weird.
dlb: slightly disturbing and emo. its like ourselves take2. the first few parts of her smiling was pretty. but after the A Best 2 -black- poster, her smiling was hella creepy >_<
LD: LOLLIPOP!! super wild & crazy. looks like it could be part of a gaga mv x] Ayu is a crazy clubber!!!!

conclusion: i have been disturbed by ayumi hamasaki

~YouTube&twitter&Blog&Funny ScreencapsI+II+III~
::tumblr::

Old 1st April 2010, 08:42 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

the PVs of this album is really interesting. I like sexy little thing, the song is fun and the PV is a huge leap from what ayu has done before. Very interesting.

Microphone is so-so, I need more ayu's scene rather than 2 girls jumping randomly and slow motioned. Lady dynamite is cool, with all the dancers, and i agree it's not a good start for a new ayu fans, but the weirdness is cool

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 1st April 2010, 10:00 AM
independent Initiate

New PV's are awesome except Lady Dynamite...

Like somebody said on other forum Lady Dynamite is like GREEN in gay club. I liked only the vere beginning (at the club entrance) and the very ending (when she leaves it). lol
Basically all Kazuyoshi PV's are the same. GREEN is his best PV so far. At least it has meaning in it.

Don't look back is simply fantastic. Everything about it. Everything.

Sexy little things is damn Great. It's funny, weird and cute.

Microphone PV is Awesome. Some moments in it are simply brilliant.

Koda Kumi Fan since 2003 * ~ * ~ * ~ * Instagram

Old 1st April 2010, 10:42 AM
Two of us Initiate

looks like this album has a lot of ballad
not ballad hater thought,it's just too much (ballad,you were...,sunset,& all the new music without PV looks like ballad from the preview)

but i'm glad that there's 4 new song with awesome PV

my opinion about the new song & PV:

microphone:
- i love this song, really dark & freaky,especially love the organ
- i love the randomness of this PV,& the way using to cut/dump/crash/burn paper as effect really cool,my favorite scene is when ayu got bumped,it's really funny

don't look back:
- the arrangement really awesome with arabian/indian style ones,the wek part of this song is the repetition of chorus & very short verse
- the PV really unexpected one,i thought it just a common ,but when ayu show the other side of her face really shocked me (finally i understand why there's scene with ayu smiling on this PV,it's fit with the condition)

sexy little thing:
- another my favorite song of this album(beside microphone),i don't really like ayu's cute song actually,but this one hit my attention.it has uncommon that show mixed of fierce,mysterious,& cuteness.
- same like microphone,i love randomness of this song's PV

lady dynamite:
- pretty catching song,however still better sparkle imo
- it's true that this song really gay-ish(i'm so glad that i born as someone like this),honestly i morely watch the guys than ayu on this song.ayu looks like bad girl on this PV,love it

well,actually i almost lost interest on ayu after the release of next level.but looks like this album makes me hyped up more to ayu.hopefully the full album didn't dissappoint me
Old 1st April 2010, 11:19 AM
monochrome Initiate

I really really really hate lady dynamite...

it just seems so banal, and thoughtless.... i mean, what is the point? and why the trannies and gays?

i need the lyrics, but i'm not optimistic.

my personal opinion of course, but as a massive ayu fan, who likes nearly EVERYTHING she does, i can honestly say i'm very unimpressed with LD.

Old 1st April 2010, 01:01 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

-

Last edited by nick; 2nd January 2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 1st April 2010, 01:19 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ I do agree with some of your points but perhaps you are overreacting a little at least. SLT and Microphone could have been better, but I still think they are at least improvements from many of her PVs the last couple of years. Don't Look Back I think is amazing actually - both the song and the PV. It's similar to Ourselves, but not the same. In Ourselves, it was other people destroying the images of her, in Don't Look Back she is destroying herself - quite a different meaning actually.

Lady Dynamite is pretty much rubbish though. I don't mind if she openly supports gays (imo that had been extremely apparent for years anyways) but its just a poorly done PV that goes way beyond stereotypical to the point that its annoying.
Old 1st April 2010, 04:20 PM
Trauma Initiate

everythings is OK except LD... just when you think you'll get a perfect album.. theres one that destroy it all.. LD.. is a no no.. abig NO.. although shes look preety..

sorry AYU
Old 1st April 2010, 04:55 PM
Because of You Initiate

Change my mind a bit, only one thing in LD is correct, gay guys sometimes go to washroom in clubs for more.

IMO, this director has to stop making PV and think whats wrong with his ideas.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 1st April 2010, 05:00 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Change my mind a bit, only one thing in LD is correct, gay guys sometimes go to washroom in clubs for more.

IMO, this director has to stop making PV and think whats wrong with his ideas.
Agree, totally

Tags
don't look back, lady dynamite, microphone, rock'n'roll circus, sexy little things