Ayumi in SLT = oh, another GaGa copy? - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 5th April 2010, 09:03 PM
End roll Initiate

I don't know what's worse, the existance of this thread or the fact that it has over ten pages.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:00 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
No, Lady Gaga's name did not come from Bold&Delicious. Do read up on her history at least.

he he, it was a random thought, i'd be cool if it was though. I'm not a Gaga fan though I'd be interested to know where the name came from

Old 7th April 2010, 08:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
I'm not a Gaga fan though I'd be interested to know where the name came from
Apparently they were listening to Radio GaGa by Queen or something one day in the studio and her manager[?] was typing a message or something out, made a mistake/the computer auto-corrected the phrase and typed out Lady GaGa instead of Lady somethingelse... and GaGa was born then.

"That's it. That's my name." or something.

Last edited by truehappiness; 7th April 2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 7th April 2010, 08:21 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Music producer Rob Fusari, who helped her write some of her earlier songs, compared her vocal style to that of Freddie Mercury. Fusari helped create the moniker Gaga, after the Queen song "Radio Ga Ga". The singer was in the process of trying to come up with a stage name, when she received a text message from Fusari that read "Lady Gaga".

Quote:
Every day, when Stef came to the studio, instead of saying hello, I would start singing 'Radio Ga Ga.' That was her entrance song. [Lady Gaga] was actually a glitch; I typed 'Radio Ga Ga' in a text and it did an autocorrect so somehow 'Radio' got changed to 'Lady'. She texted me back, "That's it." After that day, she was Lady Gaga. She’s like, "Don’t ever call me Stefani again." —Rob Fusari
She was known thereafter as Lady Gaga.
Old 7th April 2010, 09:06 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

hmm, interesting

Old 7th April 2010, 11:02 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

despite of the thought that everything we have now is not original anymore...

but i'm not happy if someone said she copying gaga...that's not true at all...
if people said she copying madonna, i have no problem with that, since we all know that she a HUGE fan of madonna, she even attend her concert at USA. so i have no problem with that she even mentioned that...

but gaga...gaga who? she just started her carier...she not even close to become a legend yet...while ayu..i believe already become a legend in japan...and everyone in japan on our era will remember her...

yes...i agree that there is some part that looks like gaga thing...its fact and i can't run away from that fact...but to say ayu copy gaga...gaga is still nobody now...and like a tons of people has said...ayu already done crazy stuff many times even before gaga start her carier...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 7th April 2010, 05:16 PM
Initiate

It's funny. I was talking to my husband about this conversation the other day..... Long story short, I've been watching a lot of older Ayu PVs and concerts lately. And now every time she comes on stage/set with a crazy or high fashion outfit, he'll see it and be like, 'OMG LADY GAGA?? ' And this happens a lot, lol.... In other words, yeah, she's been using "GaGa-ish" costumes literally for ever now, hah. Even years before a single person knew who GaGa was. And this happens surprisingly often. I didn't even realise she was always this extreme and weird sometimes, hah.
Old 7th April 2010, 07:52 PM
Because of You Initiate

^ So weird yes. According to some (a lot of) lady gaga fans, everyone copies gaga, and ALL crazy fashion statements OLD or NEW = gaga.

Go to this link: http://www.towleroad.com/2009/10/did...as-closet.html
And this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_NL0DwHbV4

And change the name of "kylie minogue" for "ayumi hamasaki" and it's exactly the same pointless conversation people is trying to have here.

Even if we all agree that kylie has been pulling the CRAZY and RANDOM looks since forever too, people now think she's so gaga.
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 8th April 2010, 01:57 AM
YOU Initiate

Haha, I thought this thread was kind of funny. I love Lady Gaga and Ayumi Hamasaki both very much. They are still distinctive and true to themselves. :]

About the video though, the way I see it has some resemblance to the Bad Romance video because of the location and some of the outfit ideas. BUT maybe Ayumi did this on purpose because she might be fond of Lady Gaga's style because she is very avant-garde and a powerful woman. I was thinking that Ayumi wanted to reference Lady Gaga in this music video and looking at the lyrics is supporting other powerful women like Lady Gaga? Haha, just a random thought.

I just think it's pointless to argue because they are both great artists.
Old 8th April 2010, 03:51 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I haven't read this point, but has any stopped the consider if Ayu REALLY has the time to sit down and follow everything Lady Gaga does like a hawk? I mean, if it weren't for American Idol, no one in the US would know WTF the X-Factor was, so why should we expect Ayu or her people to have? Considering how busy she is, I highly doubt Ayu even had a clue that Lady Gaga wore a similar outfit on an obscure show.

Which takes another point, even if, on the day of filming, someone pointed out to Ayu and/or her people that Lady Gaga had worn a strikingly similar outfit, there is NOT WAY they'd stop and decide to change it. That's not how film production works. It was rented, sized, and fitted to the model. That's incredibly expensive, especially to have in a timely manner. So if they knew by the time it got to shooting, there is absolutely no way shooting would be held up so they could get another outfit/costume, potentially a knew model, and return the old one without delaying the shoot AT LEAST a couple days and they would not be able to get a refund on the previous garment. That is not how things work. At shooting, you work with what you have (I know from experience), and make due.

Just some thoughts.
Old 8th April 2010, 04:26 PM
xLitax

Everyone is influenced or copies "GaGa". Duh...

And really ot - but from that Wiki excerpt... putting her name in the same sentence to that of someone like Freddie Mercury is just a complete disgrace.

Well, I still think Ayu is 1000000000000000000000000000x more original than "GaGa", meaning I doubt Ayu even pays much attention to anything she does. Holla.

Tags
ayumi, fashion, hamasaki ayumi, lady gaga, sexy little things