CDL10-11 talk - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 9th January 2011, 11:31 AM
until that Day… Initiate

I love this year's CDL!
from the stage design n setlist..
the only thing that lack is ayu's vocal ability , she was quite strained in some songs..and she "shouted"~ T__T
but in some songs she did great job though
so niceee!!

my most favorite performances are marionette (this is EPIC WIN!!!), free & easy, endless sorrow (the flying chair made ayu looked like a butterfly queen or something haha) and the medley of Dearest-HEAVEN-Carols-Together When... (i think if i were there, i'm gonna cry out louddd~~lol)

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 9th January 2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 9th January 2011, 11:57 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

So...like I was kinds writing while I was watching so...this is long and rambly but whatever.
Spoiler:
omg I love it.

Okay, well I just finished the Love medley ballad thing~

And it's great.

Honestly, her vocals for everything kinda suck lol so...I'm just not paying attention to that at all.

The cool thing about this CDL, is that she's performing songs I never ever thought I'd get to see her perform again, and as someone who loves those old songs without question, it's just great. Totally crying during like all the songs lol

The stage design, honestly, I dont really like it, but it's something different, and that's cool. It's not that bad.

Oh...I do not like this "transition" to humming 7/4 lol

woah holy ****, bold and delicious? In that awful outfit? lol This one has the worst vocals so far in the concert...and I think she should have done more for it. Yeah, definitely...the bridge part could have been epic...and it's just...boring.

And yey Mirrorcle World! um...this ending does not go lol You can't sing all the way to the end of a song like that...and then just start up the fast parts again! lol

I really hate the "revolution" for SEVEN DAYS WAR. The composition of this song is awful...omg. The only good part is the chorus.

So much about this concert reminds me of the old Ayu...the props, vocals, etc...it's like a mixture of her old and new concerts.

evo! omg someone tell peco and princess to stfu with their "hey"s or "yeah"s or whatever they're saying when she's throwing out balls.

...O_O Ayu what the **** are you doing

oh yey, I'm really really happy that Naoto is there! Ayu's needed to branch out like this for ages. Holy crap, he's got some vocals on him doesnt he lol Her vocals are really bad in this song...lol Cool performance though.

...5 hours later...

She has some nice vocals during all the love songs stuff.

omg Trauma! YES! AND AUDIENCE!

holy **** she sang Fly High! ouch ow her vocals are awful lol but I dont even care!

All she needs to do is get rid of that awful wig and this performance would be cute lol

lol thank u...hate the song...but it goes so well! And I the balloons.

Ew that ending was awful

So okay. Like, the first half of the concert totally owned the second half...and the encore was nice...

Her vocals were really bad, throughout, really. Like every song...but I noticed that her voice was okay during the Love Song songs...But I said in the long part, I dont really mind that her vocals are bad...but...damn lol

I really really really love the first segment, and then the ballad medley. I was totally crying like the whole time...and then she started crying during HEAVEN to CAROLS and I just died.

I really like this CDL because, she performed a lot of songs I thought she would just, never perform again, and I figured she had just moved on from...so it was really nice.

Although, the set list was really random in some cases, I tried to let it go because I love all the songs she sang.

And Marionette performance WAS ****ING AMAZING. It's my favorite. I think I even teared up during it, seriously...

I don't like how she ended the concert...but whatever.

I give this CDL 7.8/10~

oh, and it was weird but...this was the first time I ever noticed how short Ayu is on stage! I think it was just that the dancers were always by her or something...but she looked so tiny...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 9th January 2011, 01:42 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

am i the only one that like the way she ended the concert?

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 9th January 2011, 02:22 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
a bit of a stupid question right here, but i'm curious:

is the countdown on the 31st of december really happening at midnight?

i read in a previous thread that the concert on the 30th was held in the evening, but they still had a countdown (which is a bit strange to me). so as i see it, the performance on the day before newyears is more of a final rehearsal for the next day.
There was no countdown in the show on the 30th.
Old 9th January 2011, 02:48 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
am i the only one that like the way she ended the concert?
no, I loved it! I have a feeling AT11 will open with the full version of do it again.
Old 11th January 2011, 03:05 PM
SCAR Initiate

The way she ended the concert was fantastic, finally something different. A bit of a unsetting ending too.. not as positive and happy as usual. I wonder what it means?

I loved this CDL. Her vocals weren't actually that bad compared to previous year's live recordings. The setlist was fantastic, the ballad medley was a highlight for me.

Was anyone else surprised how good Bold & Delicious was live here? She really nailed it.

Very plain and stripped back CDL. Worked in some areas, didn't work in other areas. Mirrorcle World seemed empty without the giant ship prop...

Didn't like the stage much. She just kept going up and down, there didn't seem to be a point to it half the time. I prefer the steps with the runway. Although the curtain falling was a nice touch.

Last edited by Tony G; 11th January 2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11th January 2011, 04:44 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
Very plain and stripped back CDL. Worked in some areas, didn't work in other areas. Mirrorcle World seemed empty without the giant ship prop...
Erm...seriously? I thought that this was the CDL that by far looked most expensive, and she had just as many props as usual - or more. Just look at the stage, if that's stripped and plain then I don't know what's huge anymore. And well...only one of 3 previous Mirrorcle World concert performances had a prop, I actually thought this was the most epic one right after AT08.
Old 11th January 2011, 05:52 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I prefer Ayu with few props, that's when she really shines in my opinion.
Old 12th January 2011, 12:15 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Erm...seriously? I thought that this was the CDL that by far looked most expensive, and she had just as many props as usual - or more. Just look at the stage, if that's stripped and plain then I don't know what's huge anymore. And well...only one of 3 previous Mirrorcle World concert performances had a prop, I actually thought this was the most epic one right after AT08.
This didn't look expensive at all, at least it doesn't look like more money was put into this than the other CDLs. What props were used, besides that candle seat thing for endless sorrow? It was very much ayumi and the stage most of the time.

The premium CDL was easily her most "expensive".

Last edited by Tony G; 12th January 2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 12th January 2011, 02:57 PM
I am... Initiate

OK, you either have not looked at the stage or you got no idea how expensive it is to build such a stage. A stage by far is the most expensive part of a concert unless you shoot lots of videos, got HUGE props(several AT08 ships huge) or got a wellknown designer doing your costumes(not the case for Ayu), PCDL was most definitely much cheaper than CDL0708 as it reused it's stage and there was just about nothing that was expensive on it's own in the concert. CDL1011 had a ****ing 5-ring-design, 4 spinning, 3 going up and down with no back. It might as well be her most expensive main stage setup. Unless you watched another PCDL it was damn cheap actually. Even her costumes looked cheap in it.(Might be better to use 6 than 13...)

CDL0708 or CDL1011 is most expensive, simply as she had new, big stages build for them(CDL0708 heavily reminds of A Museum, but to me it looks like it was only inspired by it, not the same general setup), CDL0809 and CDL0910 were fairly cheap as they just changed the 0708 stage up a bit and had nothing big on their own, CDL0607 stage was made for AT07 and just used for that concert cause it was more convenient and the stages before were quite small and plain.

Oh, and the CDL got the witches stake, don't tell me that's "too cheap" as most props Ayu uses at CDLs are very simple and cheap. And it's just about always one or two props, so what she did was perfectly normal.
Old 12th January 2011, 07:28 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I'm pretty sure the budget for this CDL was standard. The concept of it all was different and since the stage was in the middle and there was no catwalk or even room for her to go from one end to the other, there's probably not any need for a MW battle ship or whatever else. Even though some of my favorite CDL's of hers has been the exquisite kind, I like small-scaled lives like these as well. It's more personable.
Old 12th January 2011, 07:50 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Maybe the stage was expensive...but the fact that for like 98% of the songs, the only other things on the stage besides her, were the dancers...

It was extraordinarily plain imo...That doesn't make it bad...just different.

Seems like they just spent the munny they usually use for big stage props, all on the one stage lol

I would like the smaller scale stage like this...if the arenas were actually small scale lol

Since they aren't imo, it's sort of, not that great. It's cool...but...not that great...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 12th January 2011, 09:14 PM
Rule Protector

I don't think they necessarily have the same show budget everytime, but I was just happy they finally tried something new with the stage. It's seriously been the same modified stage since 2004. Finally something that looked different, that alone was refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
so is this the review thread? idk which one to use lol but ok.

WOW
so ok I'm finally watching it now in the HD file and holy **** ok. the clowns are annoying and IMO Last Angel sounded really bad, but I absolutely love the way it was performed with all the lights, dramatic movements, etc. amazing. but ok woah woah woah.. I'm just sitting here still gasping in amazement at "is this LOVE?". that performance is like.. wow. most impressive performance I've seen from her since probably that a-nation 08 performance of ASFXX with the rain. so amazing. Duty was really good too. still need to watch the rest but I just needed to express how I felt about "is this LOVE?". I am so amazed.
Seriously? Weird, because I thought that was the absolute low point of the entire show. I cringed badly at just how off-key she managed to be. It really stood out, because she sang most of the other songs extremely well.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:17 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Gonna go download the HQ now...lol

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 12th January 2011, 09:59 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
I don't think they necessarily have the same show budget everytime, but I was just happy they finally tried something new with the stage. It's seriously been the same modified stage since 2004. Finally something that looked different, that alone was refreshing.

Seriously? Weird, because I thought that was the absolute low point of the entire show. I cringed badly at just how off-key she managed to be. It really stood out, because she sang most of the other songs extremely well.
really? are you thinking of is this LOVE? or another performance? I thought it was one of her best performances of it.. most of the other times she performed it weren't good to me, they lacked power.

Last edited by love in music; 12th January 2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 18th January 2011, 10:15 AM
Who... Initiate

^ I thought is this LOVE? was easily one of the worst vocals of the night too, actually

This CDL was okay... after CDL 09-10's vocals, I wasn't at all shocked to find that her vocals here were just as strained and shouty. So on one hand, it didn't ruin the show for me, but on the other hand, maybe it isn't such a great thing that I'm "getting used" to Ayu's vocals being poor It's just really sad that this is probably the first concert of hers that I've watched and not wanted a single audio rip from

My favorite performances though, were Duty, Marionette, Free & Easy, and Endless Sorrow Also, I loved the stage - it was definitely different, and I'm so glad she tried it out. Really brought a new dynamic to the concert. Also, I'm super happy she's started doing more medleys I've been hoping for a long time that she'd just stick all her staples into one medley, and she finally did!

The costumes were... okay. I liked the Last angel/Endless sorrow costumes.

Overall, the first half of the concert was definitely better. I commend Ayu for trying something new with the stage though, I was getting pretty bored of the same CDL stage for the past three years And finally, the ending was epic <3 I was wondering when do it again would come in, and the way she included it was so... cryptic. I love when Ayu does stuff like this <3
Old 18th January 2011, 11:11 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody! View Post
Ayu only sang Dance dance dance do it again and Sing sing sing do it again. She didnt sing the verses nor the chorus~!
so she sang only the "best" part of it

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 21st January 2011, 05:43 AM
poker face Initiate

I don't think that there were enough costume changes and the clowns were out of place. Nowhere near as spectacular as 09/10. I hop that 11/12 is much better ~ I prefer the stage that she usually uses.

'The Freedom we Have
The Choices we Make
The Sacrifices we Pay
Makes Life so Complicated'
- Ayumi Hamasaki Everywhere Nowhere

Tags
cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2010, do it again