COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ information thread - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th December 2010, 01:07 PM
Banned

Ayu only sang Dance dance dance do it again and Sing sing sing do it again. She didnt sing the verses nor the chorus~!
Old 30th December 2010, 01:10 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ heh? she didn't sing the full song u mean?
so weirdd.. so she sang those repetitive parts then just finished?
T______________T
Old 30th December 2010, 01:10 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody! View Post
Ayu only sang Dance dance dance do it again and Sing sing sing do it again. She didnt sing the verses nor the chorus~!
That would explain why it's at the end, thank U is more suited as the end song, and that's why people didn't here it during rehersals, maybe they'll change it tomorrow.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:11 PM
appears Initiate

thats awesome...i am going tmrw...and just want some pics of her or some audio snippets..

and the thing with do it again...seems to be like...."i will do it again, so just wait"...perhaos it will be the opening of AT 11

Old 30th December 2010, 01:13 PM
Banned

any more questions? Im tired to write a whole review.. one sidenote.. she spinning around flying during Endless Sorrow~~ niiiice
Old 30th December 2010, 01:15 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ that's ok..u can go to rest..write for us tomorrow

great.. AT2011 gonna be great i think~~
Old 30th December 2010, 01:15 PM
Banned

http://ahsforum.com/forum/showthread...18#post2596718 go here Ill answer all quests ^__^ now~~

.. yes tomorrow Ill write a full review if it's not written yet
Old 30th December 2010, 01:16 PM
walking proud Initiate

Just got home, thought I would post my thoughts. Sorry if I sound a bit scatter brained cause I'm typing in a hurry.

Random notes:

- She forgot basically all the lyrics to Thank U except La la la. haha.

-The medley sections were pretty short, especially the last one - only about 1/4 of trauma, audience, and fly high were performed, if that. The ballad section was longer with close to half of each song being performed except for Carols. Carols seemed extremely short.

-I liked the Moon accoustic version much better than the studio version.

-The MC was unusually short. She introduced the new dancers and drummer and that was it. I like it that way though.

- I felt like the audience was relatively dead tonight.

-Her voice was pretty good. It had its ups and downs though; Last Angel and Evolution for example still don't sound that great, but the rest of the songs were all pretty good and she handled Endless Sorrow pretty well.

Ok, PROS!

-The stage was AWESOME! Really well done and so nice to see her finally using something completely new. I'm sure this will be used for the next arena tour. There is a cat walk as well although I'm not sure why because I think she only used it once.

-The set list. I loved everything except I could have done without Marionette and either Evolution or Boys and Girls; they are fun but even I am getting to the point where I don't think that both of them need to be done at every single concert. In retrospect though, the setlist was maybe a little short especially since the medley sections weren't really that long. But overall, I really enjoyed the set list.

Cons:

-Ok, I usually don't make a fuss about Ayu's hair...but OMG. Hairwise I thought this was her worst concert ever. It seemed like she kept going from one bad wig to the next. She starts the concert off in the ultra short wig from the Love Songs video only styled a bit differently. I just really don't like that wig on her. The ballad section wig was not bad. But then the wig in Humming 7/4 was.....seriously from a distance she looked like she had a huge wad of white cotton candy on her head. It looked like it was taken off the head of a groupie from the 1980s.......sorry Ayu. Then she actually came out with her natural hair! I thought, "Yay!" But for some reason they decided to dump a bucket of water on her before she came on stage! I guess they wanted her hair to look "street" or something for Dream On; It did not look very good. And then for the encore, she returned to the Love Songs wig again.....so yeah, from start to finish this concert was a complete miss for me hair wise.

That's the only major con I have!

Outfit wise, there really wasn't anything that stood out at super good or super bad. Although her first outfit had a cape attached; it was like Super Ayu. I could have done without that; but honestly I think its the wig that threw the whole off for me mainly.

One final note, the concert ended very strangely. She did Thank U and everyone is happy and lalalaing and the balloons and streamers fell; everyone thought the concert was over, but then Do it Again started and all of a sudden the atmosphere became somber. She didn't perform the whole song, she just repeated the chorus twice as the curtain lowered. It was very....strange. She didn't run around thanking the audience a billion times, or throw out her wristbands, or yell "domo arigatou" micless. The concert just....ended. Really really strange which is why people were like "eh? That's it?" at the end. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 30th December 2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:20 PM
No way to say Initiate

Hopefully she can remember the lyrics for tomorrow.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:21 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ wowww..
this year's CDL seems totally different and interesting!
something might be different tomorrow?
exciting!
Old 30th December 2010, 01:23 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Just got home, thought I would post my thoughts. Sorry if I sound a bit scatter brained cause I'm typing in a hurry.

Random notes:

- She forgot basically all the lyrics to Thank U except La la la. haha.

-The medley sections were pretty short, especially the last one - only about 1/4 of trauma, audience, and fly high were performed, if that. The ballad section was longer with close to half of each song being performed except for Carols. Carols seemed extremely short.

-I liked the Moon accoustic version much better than the studio version.

-The MC was unusually short. She introduced the new dancers and drummer and that was it. I like it that way though.

- I felt like the audience was relatively dead tonight.

-Her voice was pretty good. It had its ups and downs though; Last Angel and Evolution for example still don't sound that great, but the rest of the songs were all pretty good and she handled Endless Sorrow pretty well.

Ok, PROS!

-The stage was AWESOME! Really well done and so nice to see her finally using something completely new. I'm sure this will be used for the next arena tour. There is a cat walk as well although I'm not sure why because I think she only used it once.

-The set list. I loved everything except I could have done without Marionette and either Evolution or Boys and Girls; they are fun but even I am getting to the point where I don't think that both of them need to be done at every single concert. In retrospect though, the setlist was maybe a little short especially since the medley sections weren't really that long. But overall, I really enjoyed the set list.

Cons:

-Ok, I usually don't make a fuss about Ayu's hair...but OMG. Hairwise I thought this was her worst concert ever. It seemed like she kept going from one bad wig to the next. She starts the concert off in the ultra short wig from the Love Songs video only styled a bit differently. I just really don't like that wig on her. The ballad section wig was not bad. But then the wig in Humming 7/4 was.....seriously from a distance she looked like she had a huge wad of white cotton candy on her head. It looked like it was taken off the head of a groupie from the 1980s.......sorry Ayu. Then she actually came out with her natural hair! I thought, "Yay!" But for some reason they decided to dump a bucket of water on her before she came on stage! I guess they wanted her hair to look "street" or something for Dream On; It did not look very good. And then for the encore, she returned to the Love Songs wig again.....so yeah, from start to finish this concert was a complete miss for me hair wise.

That's the only major con I have!

Outfit wise, there really wasn't anything that stood out at super good or super bad. Although her first outfit had a cape attached; it was like Super Ayu. I could have done without that; but honestly I think its the wig that threw the whole off for me mainly.

One final note, the concert ended very strangely. She did Thank U and everyone is happy and lalalaing and the balloons and streamers fell; everyone thought the concert was over, but then Do it Again started and all of a sudden the atmosphere became somber. She didn't perform the whole song, she just repeated the chorus twice as the curtain lowered. It was very....strange. She didn't run around thanking the audience a billion times, or throw out her wristbands, or yell "domo arigatou" micless. The concert just....ended. Really really strange which is why people were like "eh? That's it?" at the end. I'm not quite sure what to make of it.
maybe this ending is the introduction of the coming tour!!!

Music all my Life - Faye Wong, Ayumi Hamasaki, Endy Chow
Old 30th December 2010, 01:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Oh no, was Erorin replaced?!
Old 30th December 2010, 01:26 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Oh no, was Erorin replaced?!
She has a new drummer who's last name is also Hamasaki. I forgot his first name. And two new female dancers; something like Ekko and Ayaka but I can't clearly remember.

As for the ending I seriously don't know what she meant by it. Everyone seemed baffled.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:27 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Location: Currently @ Ann Arbor, MI || originally from Hong Kong
Wow, it sure is weird to end with Do it again! Maybe she'll do something different tomorrow night.

I was saved by the love that I tried to keep away
Set by truehappiness

Twitter || Niall is pretty (tumblr)

Old 30th December 2010, 01:28 PM
Virgin Road Initiate

^^maybe it's a trend now to ending the concert with a weird atmosphere...
Perfume tokyo dome concert ended very weird too...they turn off the light and then white curtain fall down, and they show play symbol...that's it...they turn on the light...it's like HUH?!

i believe her AT2011 will start with do it again...that's why she ended her CDL with that song...but i don't know...

OH NO!!! MY CAROLS!!! she sang it really short?

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Last edited by AyuGAME; 30th December 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:32 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ But Ayu's trademark with her fans has always been throwing out her wrist bands and saying thank you to the audience micless; so I was really surprised when she didn't do that. I heard several people commenting about it as I was leaving.

And yes, Carols was quite short.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 30th December 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:35 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ they commented in a disappointment or interested ?
Old 30th December 2010, 01:37 PM
Dolls Initiate

even if she tried to make a transition to the next tour I don;t think that's waht fans approve, just think of Kumi, she always does this but still singing walk and I loved how she always does it in a different way but about Ayu I always love the way she used to do it. R'n'R Circus 7days SP ending was a huge 'WTF', I hoped it's just something she'll do once, now it's a bit worrying. She changes the habit fans loved for 12 years.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:38 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
^ they commented in a disappointment or interested ?

I don't know if it was in disappointment or not, but just general bafflement.
Old 30th December 2010, 01:41 PM
Initiate

I need to see some costumes to imagine the concert, but it looks quite good...
The ballad section: PERFECT

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2011, do it again