COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ information thread - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd January 2011, 10:33 PM
I am... Initiate

I'm pretty sure that, if she lowered her songs an octave, many would be too deep, resulting in her not even producing a sound when trying to sing them. Her songs tend to have a quite big range, sometimes close to her full range(look at Duty, 2,75 of her 3 octaves used!) if she goes down from there its far too low.
Old 2nd January 2011, 10:37 PM
Because of You Initiate

i noticed ayu has done really good job in this CDL. Probably Mannie was there and she wanted her husband to see the best performance.

I am not saying that her past CDLs were bad.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 2nd January 2011, 11:26 PM
Initiate

I hope avex makes some "magic" for the DVD with the vocals xD
Old 2nd January 2011, 11:30 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Her energy was amazing! She never stopped moving And omg, the ballad medley was perfect. She's never done a full-band version of Heaven live before, nice to hear.. and Dearest.. oh god I cried when she sang it the way she did!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:13 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
I hope avex makes some "magic" for the DVD with the vocals xD
Yeah, because I'd rather wait for the DVD...
Old 3rd January 2011, 12:35 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayudancer View Post
Also I was happy with the fact that she kept her dancers involvement to a minimum. I'm so sick of her setting a theme of love with Shuya in all her ballads. Glad she kept it to one song.
I agree, and I actually liked how Shuya was used in Free & Easy. Usually I'm like "oh look, more Shuya" when she uses him, but, both in last year's CDL and this year's, she hasn't used him as much and it's worked so much better!

This is actually the first time I've watched the TV version the whole way through; I usually just wait for the DVD version to watch it, so it will be interesting comparing the two (particularly as far as vocals are concerned).
Old 3rd January 2011, 02:43 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I'm releieved I'm not the only one who think her vocals were bad. At first I read only positive comments, I was like "Am I deaf?!". She was screaming the most part to me. Fortunately some parts were rather good (duty verses, some parts of Free & Easy...).
Even the unplugged part wasn't that great : /.

It's nice she decided to completely change the stage this year though.
Old 3rd January 2011, 05:50 AM
July 1st Initiate

Honestly.

I've only heard Last angel so far, and I'm not sure what people are expecting from her. I know music, and she sounds in tune to me, which is a large improvement from some lives she used to do. She hit her high notes well. Singing at the top of your voice is not screaming if you do it well, which she did, so it irritates me how some people use that word so freely to insult her vocals.

The only problem I had was that she left out singing the low-key parts, which ruined the mood for me. The song didn't feel complete without it.

If you are expecting all her lives to sound like the original studio tracks, and dismiss it as bad singing if it doesn't sound exactly the same, then you're just being extremely silly.

Then again, I have never seen any satisfied comments from some people here, which makes me wonder why they're even fans in the first place.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Last edited by Misa-chan; 3rd January 2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 3rd January 2011, 07:53 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I personally don't expect her to sing like she does in studio.
To me her vocals on this cdl were bad. I will try to explain but it's kind of difficult, even in French!
She had that "type of voice" she has got sometimes this year. When she's singing with that voice, it seems really difficult for her to hit every notes, she is basically failing to do so and she just keeps on singing loud.
She had good lives recently, this cdl is not part of it imo.
Old 3rd January 2011, 08:13 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
If you are expecting all her lives to sound like the original studio tracks, and dismiss it as bad singing if it doesn't sound exactly the same, then you're just being extremely silly.

Then again, I have never seen any satisfied comments from some people here, which makes me wonder why they're even fans in the first place.
I know that you prolly weren't referring to me, as I am usually happy with her lives, still even though I don't expect her to sing exactly the same way as in the studio version, I know she can do better, if she would just sometimes stand still and concentrate on singing. Now I know that she can't stand still for 2+ hrs, but nevertheless Last angel was simply bad in my opinion.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd January 2011, 09:16 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Even the unplugged part wasn't that great : /.
omg are you kidding? it was perfect, absolutely FLAWLESS.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:18 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
omg are you kidding? it was perfect, absolutely FLAWLESS.
Yup, for me, those 3 songs + Free & Easy and Endless sorrow saved the concert

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 3rd January 2011, 09:29 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Yup, for me, those 3 songs + Free & Easy and Endless sorrow saved the concert
seriously, idk man. if people can't be satisfied with the vocals in the MOON + Virgin Road performances then idk what to tell them. I really don't see how she could have even done any better than she did in those performances. she was so good.
Old 3rd January 2011, 09:30 AM
Over Initiate

I liked her Last angel performance. She missed the opening note (which is something I absolutely forgive her for, it's an easy thing to do) and left out the low-pass notes (which was a little unlike her, but I also understand), but I thought the performance was very high-energy and impressive nonetheless.
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:35 AM
Two of us Initiate

I find this CDL pretty good. Her vocals generally weren't that bad. I liked the show. The only thing that dissapointed me much is that she just screamed the entire Endless Sorrow. This was the only song I was waiting for.For me that performance was epic fail. I absolutely IN LOVE with Free&Easy perfomance! It was just WOW! The whole scene, abundance of light, emotions, choreography, her vocals - everything was just perfect to me!
And the medley section was soo good! I was pretty nervious about Heaven and TW, but she perfectly did it!! And the only thing I disliked in this section is
WHY DIDN'T SHE SING ENTIRE SONGS??!!!!!!
Old 3rd January 2011, 10:39 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
- A lot of the posters commented that the concert felt too short and when it was finished they were all "Eh? That's it?" But they generally all liked it.
I was there and I've thought exactly the SAME.
I was like "eh?? It's finished......????"

Btw from the videos that we have, her voice isn't good as it was in the truth during the live!
She sang veeeery good, I was quite impressed!!
Well, this is on the 30th, for the 31 I dunno XDD

{ Twitter }

Old 3rd January 2011, 11:05 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome-chan View Post
Btw from the videos that we have, her voice isn't good as it was in the truth during the live!
I think usually vocals sound better from real than when they're recorded for tv. It was the same for Arena tour 2009 ^^

♡ Ayu fan since 2003 ♡

Old 3rd January 2011, 11:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

A lot of people say that it's because of some weird difference that being at the actual live performance has compared to seeing it (possibly afterward) as a recording. But I think all that really matters is that she sounds good when you see her live, right? It's a bit weird though that should could sound perfect when you're there then when you see the live recording, it just doesn't sound right.

I wonder when this concert will come out on DVD... perhaps June?

We're on the edge of a new thread, so please continue the discussion in that thread.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:24 AM
still alone Initiate

I thought her vocals were pretty spotty in songs. They were good for a few though. I liked Duty, Mirrorcle World, the acoustic section.
Old 3rd January 2011, 11:28 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
A lot of people say that it's because of some weird difference that being at the actual live performance has compared to seeing it (possibly afterward) as a recording. But I think all that really matters is that she sounds good when you see her live, right? It's a bit weird though that should could sound perfect when you're there then when you see the live recording, it just doesn't sound right.

I wonder when this concert will come out on DVD... perhaps June?

We're on the edge of a new thread, so please continue the discussion in that thread.
That's true, as long as she sounds live it doesn't really matter how she sounds on TV and such, but it's true, when you're attending the actual concert you're usually to excited to only pay attention to the vocals with so many things happening around you.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2011, do it again