[Utada Hikaru] 58th Thread: New album BAD Mode, out 19.1.2022 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2018, 12:24 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
Skrillex's dated production is bad, but the melody sounds beautiful. I'm conflicted lmao.
I love it before the "chorus" I specially like the part where it gets a funky beat. But it ain't bad... we'll just have to edit that part out when it comes lol
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 10th December 2018, 12:40 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
I love it before the "chorus" I specially like the part where it gets a funky beat. But it ain't bad... we'll just have to edit that part out when it comes lol
Agreed completely. Hopefully there's enough to play around with so it can be edited well
Old 10th December 2018, 12:59 AM
still alone Initiate

Not feeling the trailer/song. The sound of the production is too ubiquitous, not unique at all. And the editing of the video is so haphazard it was giving me a headache. Couldn't focus on anything.
Old 10th December 2018, 01:10 AM
rainy day Initiate

She really should have worked with Porter Robinson. He created a whole album and artist concept inspired by things like Simple & Clean and that sound (+anime, Final Fantasy, Jpop, Japanese cyberpunk culture, etc.)

What a wasted opportunity.

The track with Skrillex isn't bad, but it's very adapted to his style, which I am not a fan of.

Last edited by Zeke.; 10th December 2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10th December 2018, 03:19 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianghua View Post
I don't believe they have announced broadcast info yet.

Youtube fan footage:
Spoiler:

Anata/ Michi/ traveling/ colors

Prisoner of Love/ Kiss & Cry

Sakura Drops

Hikari

Tomodachi

Chikai/ Manatsu no Toori Ame/ Hanataba wo Kimi Ni/ Forevermore

Too Proud

First Love/ Hatsukoi

Play a Love Song

Ore no Kanojo/ Automatic

Goodbye Happiness

Yes, she sounds very good.
omg this is soooooo good!!!!!! I can't wait for HQ broadcast!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 10th December 2018, 06:30 AM
I am... Initiate

I liked the song until the dubstep kicks in. And yes about it sounding dated, I was under the impression that music was starting to move away from that.

Still looking forward to hearing the full version, though.
Old 10th December 2018, 07:10 AM
too late Initiate

I really don't get this strange disease "if I don't like the artistic outcome, I'll go there, cut and edit it" that afflicts Utada fans. Jeez.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 10th December 2018, 07:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

There are a lot of failed musicians in Utada's fandom. There's a reason why she is one of the best selling artists in Japan history while they just edit people out of her songs because they get annoyed everytime she collabs with someone who doesnt fit their otaku fantasy.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 10th December 2018 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10th December 2018, 08:15 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Hmmm, it lacks the immersive and interesting atmosphere that earlier themes had. That extra layer that gives it more depth.

Like it's almost there, but it's not.

I will enjoy it as a hikki song but I would prefer more as the theme of the game.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 10th December 2018, 08:21 AM
Because of You Initiate

didn't know utada's producer/manager/family memebr or guy who works very hard to lend her money to make music had an account on AHS. Welcome!
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)

Last edited by minkAYuko; 10th December 2018 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10th December 2018, 10:01 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I don't get why people get mad at people who doesn't like the "artistic" outcome of a song. Damn, they will edit and listen themselves, their headphones on, their edit, jeez.

I also hated the Skrilex dated addition. It's the worst type of dated style imho hahaha I will be a really sad person when new artists revive dubstep era of pop music in ten or twenty years from now lol

But I also know I'll be listening to it one thousand times because Utada lmao

Peace, guys. You like it, listen to it. You don't, edit, cut it out, make it bearable to your ears and that's it. The art she wanted to deliver will always be there, available when one misses it. Let's enjoy the joy of living in the XXI century and being able to do these kind of stuff. Chill.

(my dream is to edit KOHH out of Bokyaku, but I'm too lazy got that, so I just skip it sometimes)

I LOVED DON'T THINK TWICE <3
Old 10th December 2018, 10:13 AM
too late Initiate

I liked Don't Think Twice, but didn't like some parts she decided to put addlibs instead of writing a piece of lyrics. Maybe I'm too used to Chikai. Or I can write a lyric himself, record, edit and replace it on my own playlist as a good Utada fan!!

Shades aside (and this one above was a joke haha), I agree you can like or dislike whatever you want and even make your own versions of it, it's your criteria. What bothers me the most is when fans go to social media bash people like Jevon because they didn't like his flow in Too Proud (and months later praising that heinous attemptive of Utada rapping, but this is another issue) or uploading "the real" Take 5 "complete version". These are the kind of actions that I find disrespectful, but that's just me.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 10th December 2018 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10th December 2018, 10:29 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

One thing is disliking a work from an artist.

Another thing is literally editing someone out of the work they had part on. And sharing it all over the internet saying you saved said work. People don't announce those shit as fanmixes or remixes or whatever, what I think would be pretty ok. They announce that as they were fixing the work.

There's no respectful way of doing that. Actually, this is a very assholeish thing to do.

Old 10th December 2018, 10:58 AM
Because of You Initiate

^ click here

anywho... Can't stop listening to both songs, even the short preview...I also feel too used to "chiaki". I'm getting used to the english lyrics.

Last edited by minkAYuko; 10th December 2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10th December 2018, 12:52 PM
still alone Initiate

I didn't see any mention that the remastered albums would be released physically.
I think the Skrillex collab is decent. But I do agree it sounds slightly outdated. Skrillex had his moment quite a few years ago now. His style isn't relevant like it was in the beginning of the decade. I wasn't expected the new themes to be better than the previous ones anyway. I guess overall it's still worth listening to.
Old 10th December 2018, 01:32 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I liked Don't Think Twice, but didn't like some parts she decided to put addlibs instead of writing a piece of lyrics. Maybe I'm too used to Chikai. Or I can write a lyric himself, record, edit and replace it on my own playlist as a good Utada fan!!
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SCREAM

I actually wrote parts fro BoA's kiss my lips chorus cause I felt it was too empty with just "kiss my lips" and instrumental and would sing it whenever I listened to the song LMAO

About the saving the song blablablabla thing, yeah, I agree. That's disrespectful, for sure. I guess I would say the song is "saved", but more of jokingly and say it to jy friends only lol saddens me people can be THIS disrespectful. And I don't see myself saying something like this on Twitter, saying I saved their work, mentioning any artist involved. It's plain disrespectful and that's it...

PS: what is the take 5 complete version? Hahahah

(and damn who doesn't like Jevon's part?! It's so fun and good lol)

Last edited by Baco__; 10th December 2018 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10th December 2018, 01:37 PM
neverending dream Initiate

I'm okay with the sound but I find the drop really empty-sounding... like it needs more bassy pizzazz at the back hahah (clearly not a musician cos I can't describe it)

EDIT: Has this new profile image of hers been shared? Noticed it when the Spotify This is Utada Hikaru playlist changed the thumbnail to this pic. It's on her official website's profile as well.

Last edited by Meat Pao; 10th December 2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10th December 2018, 02:09 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco__ View Post
KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SCREAM

I actually wrote parts fro BoA's kiss my lips chorus cause I felt it was too empty with just "kiss my lips" and instrumental and would sing it whenever I listened to the song LMAO

About the saving the song blablablabla thing, yeah, I agree. That's disrespectful, for sure. I guess I would say the song is "saved", but more of jokingly and say it to jy friends only lol saddens me people can be THIS disrespectful. And I don't see myself saying something like this on Twitter, saying I saved their work, mentioning any artist involved. It's plain disrespectful and that's it...

PS: what is the take 5 complete version? Hahahah

(and damn who doesn't like Jevon's part?! It's so fun and good lol)
It's a fanmix with a "proper ending" for the song.

And of course you can joke around with your friends about the music being shit and needing to be saved, or some parts removed, etc. But removing people from the song and saying now the track is saved all over the internet is just plain rude.

Or when people replaced the original You & Me mix on the LOVE Again album for the orchestral one and shared it online as it was the offical release, this is also really disrespectful to the artist.

As far as I'm concerned people are free to do whatever they want to the tracks and share them if they feel like that, but there's no need to pass on the remixed version for the right one, as the jpop/kpop fandom enjoys doing sometimes.

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 10th December 2018 at 02:17 PM.
Old 10th December 2018, 04:13 PM
appears Initiate

Blenderllex did it again.
The final instrumental part of that trailer is pure nonsense generic garbage.
Old 10th December 2018, 06:48 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkAYuko View Post
didn't know utada's producer/manager/family memebr or guy who works very hard to lend her money to make music had an account on AHS. Welcome!
This lmao. Imagine being so personally affected by what other people choose to do. Couldn’t be me.
Closed Thread

Tags
bad mode, hatsukoi, hikaru utada, hikki, utada hikaru