'sixxxxxx' covers - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 9th July 2015, 05:28 PM
End of the World Initiate

Covers are so much better in HQ. The lips do detract though, her hair/pose/eyes are so emotive and raw and her lips are all... photoshooty? They break the intensity a bit.
Old 9th July 2015, 05:40 PM
winding road H-Initiate

I really don't get all the sexual complains and Kuu comparisons... The woman can't even leave her lips apart without people accusing her of trying to be too sexual or that she looks like she's trying to look sexy like Kuu just because Kuu happens to leave her lips apart on a good part of her covers (including many non-sexy ones, btw)?

Spoiler:
BTW, it kinda bothers me how some people seem to think Kuu is trying to be sexy in every single thing she does just because she's Koda Kumi, like the open mouth thing that she doesn't just do to look hot, but that's off-topic.

Old 9th July 2015, 05:46 PM
YOU Initiate

Very old school ayu! Love it...

浜崎あゆみ - appears(1999年11月10日リリース)
Old 9th July 2015, 05:52 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

CD+DVD is everything.

Old 9th July 2015, 06:57 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Everything is perfect but her duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccck liiiiiiiiiiiiiippps >o<
Old 9th July 2015, 07:09 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
It's the "I blow you whenever you want" mouth. If she would have closed her mouth everything would be fine.
Jesus Christ, it's just a half-opened mouth. You are the one who's sexualizing her. She's a grown-up woman and can do whatever, stop telling other women what they should do to look "fine".
Old 9th July 2015, 07:15 PM
Because of You Initiate

eeeeeeeerrrrrr..... what is this, Ayu?????!! I don't like this....not even a little bit....the angles are bad and she has shadows on her face that are too strong and distracting compared to the rest of the face, the hair is bothering me and
and don't even get me started about the lips, i really thought she got over that period of time. It all looks very awkward and uncomfortable. The only thing that looks natural here to me is her eyelashes lol The text..i don't even wanna start on that...all in all, some of the worst covers for past few years. The CD+DVD would be bearable if not for the lips.... This kind of confirms to me that A ONE was a lovely accident.

It's been a while i didn't like the covers even a little. Well, darling, i hope the music is good.

oh and it seems it was in a collaboration with NUMERO Tokyo? I can bet you that the mag will have much much better stuff than this BS....

Last edited by BlackSilence; 9th July 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:17 PM
End of the World Initiate

Back to the fishlips again and the problem is they do not look natural when she does them. The expressions look forced, and ultimately I don't know what expression she is trying to make. I get the sexy part, but is she sexy angry ala CD only or sexy pensive ala Cd+DVD? Since we don't know the sort of songs that are on the album I don't know if these pictures are representative of the album, but I think many of us are in agreement that she probably no longer cares to have the album cover represent the album as much as it's more like 'here is a nice picture, lets slap it on the album to look edgy'.

If the picture had the sort of expression that is in @henrique's post, I'd believe this old school fierce Ayu throwback. But this just looks awkward and try hard.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:21 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Wow... These are hands down some of the worst covers I've ever seen from anyone.

The CD+BD is TRAGIC. Someone actually approved that? She looks HORRIBLE. She looks like she just got punched in the face. What was she even going for?

They wouldn't be so awful if she didn't look like an overly plastic preteen squirrel getting into Mom's hair products and pretending to model with her point-and-shoot but jfc.

I'm just shocked nobody stopped her from publishing these lmao
Old 9th July 2015, 07:26 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

For real. Some of yall need to calm the fuck down.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 9th July 2015, 07:26 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'm a bit shocked about the people thinking about sexualization just because of half open lips (which Ayu does quite often as well). Really.
The lip make up accentuates her lips, but that's the only thing I see.

The CD only is bad, the other two are alright.
But that's it. Again just boring close ups. It really is her thing it seems.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 9th July 2015, 07:31 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I'm sure that if you don't take the covers too seriously then all will be ok. It looks like ayu's just trying to have fun. She do what she want, she do what she like.

Like to me the covers aren't... Artistic or anything. These face shots are nothing. I mean yeah it's kinda disappointing to see yet another face cover that happens to include some fucking fish lips but if you try to see it from ayu's perspective then it's not so bad. She's obvioisly doing what she wants, she's at a comfortable stage in her life. We should be happy that she can do whatever she wants even if we don't agree with it fully. We love her even though she makes choices that we don't really... Like. I'm not saying that they shouldn't be trashed or critiqued or criticized. By all means drag these covers to the fiery pits of hell but at the end of the day I kinda think that maybe we should respect her decisions (except love again) and be happy in a way that we acknowledge her freedom and strengths and even weaknesses. At least this is what I think.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 9th July 2015 at 07:40 PM.
Old 9th July 2015, 07:40 PM
Paper Doll Protector

I can deal with these covers if the music is good enough.

BUT, I really think these covers are pretty damn lame. I don't even mind when she has full-lips, it's when she does that thing when with her teeth... She does it so much, and with one of her hands right near her chin. I agree, Delicious n Bold, that she does whatever she wants, so it's totally cool for her to have whatever covers... BUT STILL. This expression and pose that she's been using only tells me she's either run out of ideas or she is feeling insecure. XD

OH WELL
Old 9th July 2015, 07:59 PM
Who... Initiate

I don't mind the "lip thing". Ayu and Kuu or even others can do it and like, pull it off. It looks good. In my eyes at least. I know everyone thinks different.

I can understand why people don't like it though, I know rarely anyone is a fan of her pulling that sort of face.
Maybe more than a shot of her face would have had a better effect? I feel like we notice the lip thing so much because it's just a shot of her face.

I do enjoy the covers though
Old 9th July 2015, 08:12 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrique View Post
Very old school ayu! Love it...

浜崎あゆみ - appears(1999年11月10日リリース)

Yeah, but I just wished she had those lips in the covers...

Anyways, covers are just superficial, the important thing is the music which I am really looking forward to.

Old 9th July 2015, 08:16 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
Japanese haters are slut-shaming her? Wtf is wrong with people. Bitches should try to be more ~open-minded~ with women and not be so judgmental, maybe that'd help boosting their low fertility rate.
True
Old 9th July 2015, 08:17 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Overall I like the covers. The BD one isn't great, but I really like the CD+DVD one.

I don't really understand the comparison to Kuu though. They remind me more of something from Namie than anything.

Complete Ayu Concert DVD Thread

Old 9th July 2015, 08:19 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
I'm sure that if you don't take the covers too seriously then all will be ok. It looks like ayu's just trying to have fun. She do what she want, she do what she like.
This argument doesn't really hold up though when you remember she's a professional. She isn't just doing this for fun or as a hobby. This is her career and her profession. Her job is to put out a quality product and sell it.

It's perfectly find to have a fun, meaningless cover as long as it looks good. But these are ridiculously unprofessional. I'm sure she must think they actually look good, which is really weird to me. Because she looks like she just grabbed a brush, combed the back of her head over to the front, and then stuck a point-and-shoot camera two inches from her face and thought she was modeling.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:37 PM
rainy day Initiate

It's not completely out of left field that these covers are sexualized.
Look up "the male gaze," it is used in advertising and the industry a lot.
Old 9th July 2015, 08:43 PM
starting over Initiate

How is anyone getting kumi from this. When ayu's covers look a lot like namie's feel covers. Though covers look alright except for the oversized lips.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, sixxxxxx