New single 'Feel the love / Merry-go-round' out 12/25 [II] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th November 2013, 03:08 PM
rainy day Initiate

Yeah the marketing for this single is so bizarre. You'd think they'd want to use the weight of it being her first single after how many years, and the first after 50, ushering in a new era.
Old 16th November 2013, 03:11 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Actually, this is her 51st single, they might not have announced like "the 51st single", but they did say "The first single since "L" was released in September 2010" on the announcement, which pretty much settles it, this is the single after the 50th, which means it's the 51st...

Old 16th November 2013, 03:18 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
Actually, this is her 51st single, they might not have announced like "the 51st single", but they did say "The first single since "L" was released in September 2010" on the announcement, which pretty much settles it, this is the single after the 50th, which means it's the 51st...
Ah I didn't realize they mentioned it.
Old 16th November 2013, 03:19 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Labelling as 51st or not, it will be counted as her 51st single, cause it actually is.
How come people think it won't?

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 16th November 2013, 04:54 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
Make it a collaboration single so it doesn't count as 51st single
hmm yeah, they can call it Ayumi Hamasaki feat. DJ HELLO KITTY or something

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 16th November 2013, 06:16 PM
monochrome Initiate

HBYA was also a single, with its own cover… I guess they mean the first physical single since L
The meaning and the significance of my existence

Old 16th November 2013, 06:45 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

This isn't like DREAM ON (Urata Naoya feat. Ayumi Hamasaki), this is an Ayu's single, the title of Feel the love doesn't even include "feat.DJ HELLO KITTY".

Ayu will lose the damn record finally, please accept it, lol!

TWICE

Old 16th November 2013, 07:07 PM
No way to say Initiate

^ now she'll still hold the record until AKB beats her

oh well.

I only hope she'll release another single next year

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 16th November 2013, 07:09 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki_beland View Post
HBYA was also a single, with its own cover… I guess they mean the first physical single since L
Yes, this count is for physical singles only, so hbya and Together When...are not included (nor a song is born, but that's another reason)

Old 16th November 2013, 07:45 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUKARI View Post
oh well.

I only hope she'll release another single next year
me too. for PRAY
Old 16th November 2013, 11:45 PM
Lelio Protector

The streak doesn't need to be sustained anymore, for now she will remain the solo female with most consecutive #1 singles, even if AKB48 can manage, they are still not female solo.
Only if a new solo female artist will rise to fame and will stay for many years, she would be able to reach that.

At least if ayu will keep releasing singles all the avex release date choices discussions will stop and ayu will also be able to release a single whenever and how much she wants. Let's just hope she will use that option and keep releasing singles.

ayu is beyond the proving to be legendary phase already.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 16th November 2013 at 11:47 PM.
Old 17th November 2013, 01:18 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

you said everything ^^

i just hope ayu wont end up being some sort of DJ like ami suzuki did '-'
Old 17th November 2013, 01:35 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I lost count...how many consecutive #1 singles have AKB48 made (and about to be later in December)?
Old 17th November 2013, 02:44 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
Ayu will lose the damn record finally, please accept it, lol!
No, because it isn't a regular single release, it's a christmas single therefore it doesn't count as 51st single

Spoiler:
just kidding........
Old 17th November 2013, 01:21 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I lost count...how many consecutive #1 singles have AKB48 made (and about to be later in December)?
Their streak started with RIVER, their 14th single. They're releasing their 34th single this December, it's gonna be their 21st consecutive #1 single!
Old 17th November 2013, 03:39 PM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

^But they are a completely different group now so that doesn't count as a strike, right?
Old 17th November 2013, 03:53 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
^But they are a completely different group now so that doesn't count as a strike, right?
It counts, but they are not a solo female act. That's why they aren't really relevant to Ayu loosing her streak. Currently there is no solo female artist who can pull something like that on Oricon.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th November 2013, 04:12 PM
Two of us Initiate

I love Ayumi. I like AKB48. I wonder why people talk about them. I mean, they are not in the same group (Ayumi for me is a solo female artist while AKB is a female idol group). EVEN when someone or some group (not just AKB) pass Ayu's record, I already satisfied. When she is at the top, she did very well. With her popularity and good sales. She is in her own league. And people remember who is Ayumi Hamasaki. When I asked my friends, do they know who is Ayumi Hamasaki, their answers are 'para para sakura'. When I asked them about other solo artists, they just know Ayu, Utada, some of them remember Namie and Koda Kumi. Isn't it great? Yes, I know her sales drop years by years but it also happen to other solo female artists too. For me, as long she write a new song, it's enough. The song is the 'bridge' that connect us to Ayu, not her records.

About the comparison, why we compare Ayumi and AKB48? Ayumi is a SOLO. AKB48 is a GROUP. It is unfair to compare. It's like we want to compare between meat and water. AKB48 or other idol group can sale well because of the marketing and each members' fans want to buy the single. So of course the sales become like that. If 'Ayumi' also consist of 48 members, with good marketing strategy, it can be like that too. But Ayumi is Ayu. So if we still want to compare, make it between Ayu and any members of AKB48 that do solo single project. Acchan, Tomochin, Yukirin, Mayuyu, and Takamina. Did they sale well too like when they are in the group?

Come back to the single, I can't wait for the cover!!!
Old 17th November 2013, 05:19 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Actually, for me Avex finally started to act like a dam normal company. I wouldn't want this super-pumped as her glorious, amazing, legendary 51 single since forever. It'd be pretty pathetic at this point, wouldn't it?
Tbh, she's doing what I wanted all along: stay low, single, some experiment.
I could really cry (from joy).

Hello new me...

Old 17th November 2013, 05:51 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
The streak doesn't need to be sustained anymore, for now she will remain the solo female with most consecutive #1 singles, even if AKB48 can manage, they are still not female solo.
Only if a new solo female artist will rise to fame and will stay for many years, she would be able to reach that.

At least if ayu will keep releasing singles all the avex release date choices discussions will stop and ayu will also be able to release a single whenever and how much she wants. Let's just hope she will use that option and keep releasing singles.

ayu is beyond the proving to be legendary phase already.
well said^^

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, feel the love, hamasaki ayumi, merry-go-round