ARENA TOUR 2009 A ~NEXT LEVEL~ setlist and pictures [II] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2009, 10:45 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
Well I personally have always preferred Ayu's concerts over kuu's, because they seem more put together, and more exciting and better costumes and stuff.

Someone in the last thread said they miss AT05 costumes. Me too. That was my favorite year lol. 06 was okay too...and then 07 came out and I remember thinking "wtf" and then 08 came and I was like "uh..." and now 09's here and I'm just like "no."
I really agree with you on this. AT05 had truly mindblowing costumes every single time she changed outfit. It was amazing. And I really felt the same way like you in AT07, then AT08 and not AT09. I actually think that PCDL costumes owned AT08's. And now PCDL still is better then AT09 too. Actually, CDL07-08 had better costumes then AT08 too.
Com to thikn about it. CDL07-08 and PCDL both had better stages then AT08 and AT09 too. But maybe thats because that stage only is possible in Yoyogi. Wellwell. In the same way I dont wanna complain cuz I know that Ayu works her hardest, I just wish that she will fire her current costum desginer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
The red outfit is suppose to be a cheerleader outfit. If you look closely, the star on her hat is the tour's logo. I really like the cheerleader and the grey military outfit...looks so good on her! If only the rest of the outfits are not the way they are.
Yeah I love them too! And I think that the main reason why I love them the most is because they are brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
And wouldn't the ballads look better if it was like this...

In The Corner
-short intro-
GREEN
-outro (lol wut's that)
-same intro as AT 09-
HOPE or PAIN
Days
-Kaeru-

I mean GREEN is a ballad, but in a totally different style from HOPE or PAIN and Days. It's a non-conventional ballad that requires something more. The PCDL performance of GREEN pwns AT 09, me thinks.
You are TOTALLY right here! Its weird how they put GREEN in between HorP and Days, wellwell... And yes, GREEN will never be better as it was performed during PCDL.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 14th April 2009, 12:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

oooo some of the costumes are really cooool. Some of the best I've seen in a while. and what the hell happened at the concert? sound problems?
Old 14th April 2009, 12:10 PM
Heartplace Initiate

I like the list I'm so glad that all NEXT LEVEL song will be performed!!! Thanx for the info, can't wait for it!! And um.. customes are a little weird/used up? x.x (my opinion)
About to flow out...

I might tell him of this feeling
When the trees come into bud
And the leaves are freshly green..... again...

Old 14th April 2009, 03:59 PM
July 1st Initiate

did she sang well? how's her vocal quality people?
Old 14th April 2009, 07:37 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

there've been reports/comments/postings from fans on how the stage is so simple this year, how boring they think the costumes are, but in my opinion these people are forgetting that we've got a BLOODY RECESSION going on.

every. single. industry is affected. and the music industry's definitely not spared too.

budgets have to be cut, costs have to be be minimized - in fact i'm wouldn't be surprised if she didn't do an asian leg this year because the costs would simply escalate.

also, i think people around this forum should stop complaining and whining that the tour should have been done this way, the songs should have been included this way, or the dresses should have been worn that way.

if you've not been to the concert with ayu dancing live on a stage in front of your very eyes, then i think you should reserve your comments AT LEAST until you've seen it. seeing a concert live is very different from just reading reports on them.
Old 14th April 2009, 07:41 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ But she has more attendees this year, all of them paying the same they payed the last years, why would they cut the budget, even if theres a recession going on?
Old 14th April 2009, 07:45 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Yeah, the recession isn't directly related to Ayu's tour

Lack of props, amazing costumes and sets was due to the little time she had this year to put on the show. And about the music industry, it has been falling for years now
Old 14th April 2009, 07:53 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
^ But she has more attendees this year, all of them paying the same they payed the last years, why would they cut the budget, even if theres a recession going on?

maybe avex wants similar amount (or even more) income by putting less cost
this make shareholders happy and price of stock will rise and rise
Old 14th April 2009, 08:50 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jierarudo View Post
there've been reports/comments/postings from fans on how the stage is so simple this year, how boring they think the costumes are, but in my opinion these people are forgetting that we've got a BLOODY RECESSION going on.

every. single. industry is affected. and the music industry's definitely not spared too.

budgets have to be cut, costs have to be be minimized - in fact i'm wouldn't be surprised if she didn't do an asian leg this year because the costs would simply escalate.

also, i think people around this forum should stop complaining and whining that the tour should have been done this way, the songs should have been included this way, or the dresses should have been worn that way.

if you've not been to the concert with ayu dancing live on a stage in front of your very eyes, then i think you should reserve your comments AT LEAST until you've seen it. seeing a concert live is very different from just reading reports on them.
I don't think so. (about the recession) lol It's sort of like fashion you know...Yeah the industry is going on, yes they acknowledge it, yes they give you advice to buy investment pieces...but...do they lower their prices? No. Do they start using cheaper materials? No. Are any of the runway shows and campaigns less grand? No.

Besides, Ayu has a lot of fans here that have been fans for a long time. Some people have come to know exactly what one of the her tours will be like after reading just the reports. Especially in the recent years where her tours are getting more and more recycled. Most everyone here has a knowledge of Ayu that allows discussion.

Besides, if we didn't discuss these things, these threads would be totally boring and so would the Ayu forum. A lot of people have made very good comments on all sides of the discussion, I wouldn't want to stop that just because people think we should be quiet until the videos come out.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 14th April 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old 14th April 2009, 11:15 PM
Real me Initiate

Don't bring the god damn 'recession' into this. God you people blame everything on the recession >___>
Old 15th April 2009, 06:57 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

i know discussion's always welcomed (just like how we are here hahaha) but there's a fine line between discussing and... well, whining and complaining about everything.

all i'm saying is that ayu, though she yields the most power, isn't the only one involved in the decision-making processes. there are so many factors influencing the planning of a concert and how it'll eventually be presented to the audience.

and emiko san, i love, love, LOVE your analogy of using fashion, but i think we're looking at two very different industries altogether. a louis vuitton bag may cost $5000, but the people who buy such bags are EXPECTED TO and know that they have to pay such a premium amount, even in such tough times. the thing is, people will still gladly fork $$$ for them because c'est la mode!

and i'm not blaming the recession! i think it could be a factor in shaping ayu's tour this year, and i just hope people will bear that in mind and keep it real, that's all.
Old 15th April 2009, 07:13 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I think that sometimes there are so many effort in producing the concert, and the technology used is expensive, but people thinks that everything was simple cause they don't see the expensive aspects of it

Don't know if this is the case, but that's happened on Madonna's "The Girlie Show"... it has one of the most complex stages she ever used, but it appears to be very simple... =)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th April 2009, 07:33 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ Co9uld you post a picture of that stage? I dont know about Madonnas concerts
Old 15th April 2009, 07:39 PM
still alone Initiate

Location: Uruguay (little south american country, have you heard of it??)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I think that sometimes there are so many effort in producing the concert, and the technology used is expensive, but people thinks that everything was simple cause they don't see the expensive aspects of it

Don't know if this is the case, but that's happened on Madonna's "The Girlie Show"... it has one of the most complex stages she ever used, but it appears to be very simple... =)
Yeah, I go along with that. I was just thinking of The Girlie Show as an example too.

And it's ok to share opinions and complain about the NL tour, but it's still early to judge the complexity, innovation or design of the stage when we've seen only one or two pics of it

@noidea:

See, from that pic the stage seemed a plain and typical one, but it actually took days to construct it in each city, and had several props, lights, platforms, elevators, curtains, moving platforms for the band members, and even a pole for pole dancing (don't know how to say it), which had a height of over 10 meters

Last edited by Ayumi27; 15th April 2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:01 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Some videos of the concert...
I would post the Erotica performace if the pole-dancer wasn't topless xD~~

Vogue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MvFgJG9-nU
Rain: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8e2oaNNykM
Bye Bye Baby: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeM4-2JNM6Q
Justify my Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNhqYV6DBA4

See? The stage seens very simple x_x

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th April 2009, 08:27 PM
sending mail Initiate

I really like the costumes for this tour

Old 15th April 2009, 08:31 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUta View Post
I really like the costumes for this tour
That's the first time I've seen somebody say that lol.

I don't mind them I mean they just keep her from being naked after all... Hmm... maybe she should be naked.
Old 15th April 2009, 08:32 PM
sending mail Initiate

^ Really? Hardly anyone likes them? @_@ I think they're nice

Old 15th April 2009, 09:38 PM
ever free Initiate

-Black Latex Rule costume: Itīs cool, nothing new, fits the song and all. I like that it doesnīt has the open sides like on the PV. But Iīm not convinced much by her hair... Iīll have to wait to see it on video.

-Cheerleader outfit: I donīt see why everyone loves this one. Itīs ok, but a bit too cute and ugly imo. If it were simpler I would like it more. Also, red is not the color that best suits her.

-Black outfit with her midriff exposed and hat: I donīt like her with hats xDD but well, itīs ok. I like her tie though.

-Big puffy white dress with sleeves closed: No. I donīt see her love for those dresses. They are horrible, seem like taken out from the 19th century and they make her look extremely old. Same goes for the pink-arms open one, but that is even cheesier. I like the correlation of Days with the pink color but really, it makes her look old. And how many times have we seen the "changing dress" trick before?

-Militar outfit with miniskirt: The best outfit of the whole show, and the only one that doesnīt have faults in my opinion. She looks young, sexy and powerful.

-White glittery tuxedo: Is this Ayu or A.I.? Looks pretty much disgusting. She is like the Bling Bling Bling Mama in this.

-Black latex costume with the corset: This is one of the best too. She looks sexy and fierce, but it looks a bit recycled from past concerts.

-Sparkle one with wig and Scawaii jacket: Oh... my ... god. Along with the one used for Days, this is the worst of the worst. That wig makes her face look like a dish, that jacket is totally inaproppiate for Sparkle (she should have used latex here imo) and the pants seem to be recycled from the Black outfit with midriff exposed. She looks kinda ridiculous. No, no, no ...

-Encore one: one of the best too. She looks very young and happy, and I like her trousers with that part falling over her lap. Looks very cute.

The best outfits imo: Encore one, militar one and black latex with corset one.
The worst outfits imo: Cheerleader one, Puffy white/pink dresses, sparkle one, white tuxedo D:
Old 15th April 2009, 09:41 PM
TO BE Initiate

wwowowow nice costumes and setlists!!!
thks!!!

The short summer is starting now
How many memories can I make with you?
The sun is just shining bright
And the waves are always rolling on the shore~

My Ayupans Collection

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, concert, next level, tour