[Charts & Rankings] Official Oricon Thread ~Rock'n'Roll Circus & ARENA TOUR 2009 NEXT LEVEL~ - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th April 2010, 08:33 PM
End of the World Initiate

Well we can atleast hope that the album will have longevity due to the tour.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:44 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Somehow, I don't know if some people are thinking realistically or even within the realms of possibility when they're thinking of sales for Ayu.

She is not going to sell 100,000+ on the first day with an original album anymore. Even Namie Amuro was barely able to do that with 110k or so. (Ayu's GUILTY which was released on a surprise date of 12/25 sold 60,000 on its first day)

Ayu fans really are quite the drama queens and know how to try and convince other people that Ayu is "doing badly" when she's really already in the top 40 YEARLY ALBUMS with just her FIRST DAY.

Point is: These sales are great! Don't let anyone who thinks Ayu should've sold 100,000 / 200,000 / 400,000 first day tell you otherwise. They're living in la-la land. (To note: Ayu's first day is higher than two best-of albums that were released earlier this year.)

Random - I've seen Ayu fans do some crazy things. When HEAVEN wasn't #1 in its first day and dipped to #3, people were saying it was like the end of the world. She got #1 in the end. Ayu sold 60k on her first day [12/25] with GUILTY and people thought she was done for with sales! (The #1 first week and #2 overall for GUILTY didn't help things either. Curse you, 5296!) This also happened when forgiveness sold "only" 220k or so, or when Startin' sold 190k... and especially when Shuchishin came from nowhere and pissed everyone off by getting the #1 spot for most of the week that Ayu sold MW.

In fact, during A BALLADS (2003), she sold about 400k first week with a "remix"/"remixed ballad" album and there were people who said "These sales are terrible! What happened to Ayu?" So I suppose that this isn't a new thing with Ayu fans, and anything that isn't absurdly high is both disappointing and too real for most fans for some reason. Maybe it's something that Ayu fans just do because she's been #1 for so long.

Last edited by truehappiness; 14th April 2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:11 PM
BEST Initiate

^I love you for that.

Just be realistic people. Never forget to put things in PERSPECTIVE.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:13 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Somehow, I don't know if some people are thinking realistically or even within the realms of possibility when they're thinking of sales for Ayu.

She is not going to sell 100,000+ on the first day with an original album anymore. Even Namie Amuro was barely able to do that with 110k or so. (Ayu's GUILTY which was released on a surprise date of 12/25 sold 60,000 on its first day)

Ayu fans really are quite the drama queens and know how to try and convince other people that Ayu is "doing badly" when she's really already in the top 40 YEARLY ALBUMS with just her FIRST DAY.

Point is: These sales are great! Don't let anyone who thinks Ayu should've sold 100,000 / 200,000 / 400,000 first day tell you otherwise. They're living in la-la land. (To note: Ayu's first day is higher than two best-of albums that were released earlier this year.)

Random - I've seen Ayu fans do some crazy things. When HEAVEN wasn't #1 in its first day and dipped to #3, people were saying it was like the end of the world. She got #1 in the end. Ayu sold 60k on her first day [12/25] with GUILTY and people thought she was done for with sales! (The #1 first week and #2 overall for GUILTY didn't help things either. Curse you, 5296!) This also happened when forgiveness sold "only" 220k or so, or when Startin' sold 190k... and especially when Shuchishin came from nowhere and pissed everyone off by getting the #1 spot for most of the week that Ayu sold MW.

In fact, during A BALLADS (2003), she sold about 400k first week with a "remix"/"remixed ballad" album and there were people who said "These sales are terrible! What happened to Ayu?" So I suppose that this isn't a new thing with Ayu fans, and anything that isn't absurdly high is both disappointing and too real for most fans for some reason. Maybe it's something that Ayu fans just do because she's been #1 for so long.
There's nothing wrong with those wanting the sales to be higher. We love Ayu and want her to continue her success. I doubt any of us have any dissociation with reality for wanting the sales to be similar to NL's. Thanks for the sales lesson and the comparisons, but really you can try to be less condescending; after all with your 'curse you 5296!' you show that you're not too different from the rest of us who are less than satisfied with the sales.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:13 PM
WE WISH Initiate

^^^ thank you. these are things i think about sometimes too

and @Yumsushi - i dont think hes being condescending at all. but if u so feel that way, then oh well. really hes just mentioning fans who think her sales are just soo terrible although in reality its quite good when considering all the factors

anywayz i think some people just wants to put ayu on a whole different level for everything. like i look at people speaking of how horrible certain songs are but then i look at otehr "popular" songs like, and ay sounds bad. and some people seem to only have certain standards for ayu i guess

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 14th April 2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:16 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with those wanting the sales to be higher. We love Ayu and want her to continue her success. I doubt any of us have any dissociation with reality for wanting the sales to be similar to NL's. Thanks for the sales lesson and the comparisons, but really you can try to be less condescending; after all with your 'curse you 5296!' you show that you're not too different from the rest of us who are less than satisfied with the sales.
That was a joke. I don't really care about 5296's #1 that much.

There are people who are saying that this 85,000+ first day isn't that good, when really it is. It's just weird that people are so fixed on Ayu being the ~highest selling~ that they're forgetting that she isn't exactly huge (GReeeeN/ARASHI huge) in Japan now. And even if she was, I think she's still struggle with sales. Just look at Namie's Past<Future. It was forecasted to sell 500-600k first week, and instead it's just barely reaching 600,000 now. I thought it was for sure a million seller. It's weird, haha.

Sorry if it sounded condescending, but I'm a little irked that no matter what era it is, anything that isn't a ~million seller~ by the first day is "bad" for people. (A BALLADS got close! 940k or something? Pretty good for a remix/ballad/whatever best, huh? People at the time thought it was terrible and that Ayu's time was up for good. Here we are pretty much saying the same thing 7 years later, haha.)
Old 14th April 2010, 09:19 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

Your post makes me feel WAY~ better now... thanks.
I think you're right.

What worries me is exactly that...AYU has been #1 for so many years...that it is like..."any moment now...she'll do bad Dx"
I don't want her to think she is doing bad just because of sells... I love her music... and always will.
I want her to be the best forever (though I know nothing's forever)

Anyways... I think I know better now... She did great
And despite what some people think... I'll keep the faith
She WILL sell more

"Reality is just a shared illusion"

♫♪ = AYU♥Cascada♥SUJU♥BSB♥Ariel Lin♥Taio Cruz♥B'z♥Kangta

Old 14th April 2010, 09:54 PM
monochrome Initiate

she needs to stay steady for the week !

Old 14th April 2010, 10:11 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

omg drama mamas, get over it, 80k for first day sales is good.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:24 PM
Heartplace Initiate

drama, drama, drama... and more drama -____-

I see 2 problems... people who blame the sales and don't see that these are nowadays standarts, she'w not gonna sell +600K again with an original album! and teh second, people who let the negative opinions affect them...

the result is a negative mood for the album.

In fact I think that what makes her albums since (m)u less loved are sometimes the frustrated sales expectations from fans.

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 14th April 2010, 10:31 PM
immature Initiate

85K! surprised it wasnnt higher than NL first day, but she still got #1 so fine by me!

hope her sales are really steady for the first 2 weeks

Im guessing 180k+ fors first week sales at the least (hoping for 200k +)
Old 14th April 2010, 11:23 PM
SAKURA Initiate

85k is pretty good. i hope it'll get higher first week sales than NEXT LEVEL, though.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 15th April 2010, 12:02 AM
walking proud Initiate

Yikes this is intense!!! I'm crossing my fingers for Ayu! The numbers look alright so far.
Old 15th April 2010, 01:34 AM
SCAR Initiate

The sales are great on any album-selling standard. But on Ayu's past sales, these are going to look weak. Especially compared to NEXT LEVEL, which is apparently "weak" to many members here, yet sold more. GUILTY is more hated, but sold less.

Like I said before, every album is going to sell less or only a little bit more than its predecessor. because fans here love an album doesn't mean the Japanese public will. NEXT LEVEL might have been hated here, but the Japanese might have liked it more. Especially when the promotion was on a smaller scale, still sold more on the first day. it has to say something about the quality of the next level album.
Old 15th April 2010, 01:53 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

the most important is how stable this album sales can be...i just hope the sales will be more steady than NEXT LEVEL, and ended up to sold 200k in the end of the weak...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 15th April 2010, 01:56 AM
from your letter Initiate

every yaer the album n single sales are declining....it's a sure thing,,,,

but for me 85k is a nice thing...n it's a great number for an album nowdays,,,,
take a look at the monthly chart...even many artists who cant pull 80k in full month sales,,,
but it's HAMASAKI AYUMI,,,
n we expected a fantastic sales,,,tough we know that it'll be imposible,,,

we arent make a negative thing by saying this is a bad number,,,but dont be a hypocrite....if ayu sells high u will proud of it right,,,

i only wish all the best for ayu,,,,

if u only look u'll never get it.....

if u only look it'll never be urs.......

Old 15th April 2010, 02:15 AM
ever free Initiate

Thanks so much for the info ♥__♥!!

I hope she will sell tons of copies!!!!!!
Old 15th April 2010, 02:47 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

by the way...i'm suprised that ayu can get number one position on daily DVD chart...i thought it will be hard for her to get it, because of Arashi...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 15th April 2010, 02:48 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's Arashi's second week. Haha.

It's ALSO highly possible for them to overtake her during the week.
Old 15th April 2010, 02:55 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Sales are pretty good. I love the album, that is really all I care about, though.

"Put your hands up together! Keep your hands up together! Let me sing forever!"

Closed Thread

Tags
arena tour 2009, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi, oricon, rock'n'roll circus