[Utada Hikaru] ☆ Goodbye Happiness in Utada Hikaru's 45th Thread ☆ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th July 2011, 03:39 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

Yeah, Utada didn't win anything.
Boo!

Man, I wish I could afford to buy the concert. Being broke is such a pain!!

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 5th July 2011, 05:57 AM
And Then Initiate

^Agreed :-/

I am forever a proud BlackJack.

Old 6th July 2011, 03:58 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Is it bad that I'm starting to get mad at Utada for taking this "hiatus."

I mean, yeah so far it feels like her normal cycle, but the fact that she made a huge event and announcement out of this break has just put me in this down mindset with expectations of nothing in the near/far future.

At least I'd normally be able to look forward to her next Single announcement and that would hold me through, but I can't even do that because she's got me thinking we won't even get one for years.

It's just. It's too much.

And will this break count as active years in her career as far as anniversaries go or does this not count and won't start back up until she gets active again.

Messing everything up.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 6th July 2011, 07:39 PM
Daybreak Initiate

She can do whatever she wants, it's her life and she's worked hard to deserve a break. Perhaps she has felt constant pressure to perform, maybe it's a huge relief for her to know her fans aren't expecting something from her anytime soon.
Old 6th July 2011, 11:30 PM
Greatful days Initiate

None of that appeases my ensuing anger sir.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 7th July 2011, 02:09 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

calm down calm down . Probly a few years wait may give us some nice surprises (music wise) .
Old 7th July 2011, 09:39 PM
And Then Initiate

I don't know why people get so defensive if someone else is angry over it.

I've been a long time Utada-supporter and I even have my days where I'm upset about it and then other days where I'm okay and don't mind it.

I certainly understand why she took the break but at the same time I don't haha. That goes along with the one day being mad and the next day not caring thing.

I especially understand why people are upset if they are huge fans of Utada and Utada alone. What I mean by this is that even though all of us are huge Utada fans, some of us don't like other J-pop artists enough to be able to distract themselves with another artist.

I don't know if this is the case for you CoriKaru (because it looks like you are a fan of Perfume as well lol) but once upon a time it was the case for me. When I was an early fan of just Utada, I would get so angry that she took so freaking long to release anything. Now that I'm a Namie Amuro and Ayu fan though, those two artists hold me over for the most part.

But this time it's different so I completely understand it. We don't know when she'll come back or if she'll ever come back. I don't even know if everyone really understands that fact. She didn't promise her return in a year, she said it could be anywhere from a year to five years or more.

I think because I've burned out her music for myself, it hasn't really hit me yet (and Namie has so much going on right now that I am solely focused on that) , but when it does I'll probably get upset again.

For a while there her tweets were enough for me but she has slowed up on that as well so I've kind of lost base with her (as weird as that sounds).

Okay now I'm just rambling, butttttttt everyone is going to have their own opinions on the matter and there's nothing that can be done about that lol.

Old 8th July 2011, 05:51 AM
Two of us Initiate

Very wise post Not_Fade_Away ^___^
And CoriKaru, I feel for you and this may seems easier spoken than done, but it's easier as you don't mind anymore. Because you're on this forum and people talk about it in this topic, you're concernated about Utada and her music and being actively thiking about her, and it makes it all harder ^^;
What NFA said is easier, I have my SNSD girls ans Namie and BoA and Shinee boys and telling my friends to get me to know great new artists, that's enough to keep my mind off Utada and her hiatus. I also still should listen to her Distance Album o_O; (I'm even more lazy than Utada when it comes down to doing things at times ._. )
Old 8th July 2011, 06:18 AM
End of the World Initiate

Today is one of those days where I can't be distracted.
Come back, Utada.

[Facebook!]~[Blogspot!]

Old 8th July 2011, 10:18 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

I miss her too~ I've been listening to her music a lot lately. But I feel she'll make the best music when she's in the mindset to. I don't want to hear Utada do half-assed music because she's bored of making music. I hope that her hiatus will give her new inspiration

Also she mentioned she hadn't even seen her father out of work since like, fifteen or something. That's ridiculous.
Old 9th July 2011, 11:19 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
I don't know why people get so defensive if someone else is angry over it.
I hope I'm not included.. lol. I said calm down only because anger is not good for health .

The only time I felt so bad about hikki not releasing stuff was.. 2000 . The time when she went to univsersity after releasing For You/Time Limit. It was a "long pain break", waiting for her to announce new materials. (Well, back in the old days Japanese artists released stuff pretty fast, e.g., ayu.. So being away for more than a few months was already a long break for me ).

After so many long breaks from her.. I guess I'm used to it. Of course sometimes I feel an urge to have new hikki materials, but oh well can't do anything. You're better than me since you are so into namie and ayu as well. My beloved hikki and ayu didn't release anything for the past few months... My soul is getting dry da da da... Luckily ayu is releasing new stuff soon. Or else I had to keep on listening old songs from them..
Old 9th July 2011, 06:45 PM
And Then Initiate

^lol no you weren't included in that.

And I completely understand. Back in those days Utada always released really slowwwwwwwwwwly, haha.

@ Koumori: I feel the same about her making music. It's usually really good when she is inspired by something, not when she feels obligated. That's probably why First Love was so successful. There was no pressure on her yet so she could really just go with anything she wanted to do.

Also the thing about her father IS ridiculous. I felt really bad for her when I heard that lol.

Old 9th July 2011, 10:55 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Listening to Utada's Simple and Clean again during the KH:BBS ending made me realize how much I'm actually going to miss her .__.

She was basically the first Japanese artist I EVER listened to (because of KH)...

Thanks to pepper for the amazing award!

Old 10th July 2011, 02:11 AM
Secret Initiate

^ Lol Utada brought me into J-Pop too. Simple and Clean came out like what...10 years ago? Damn, I'm old :/
Old 10th July 2011, 04:15 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

The game was released in 2002, so yeah... almost 10 years!!!

DAMN! I feel old!

Thanks to pepper for the amazing award!

Old 10th July 2011, 04:29 PM
CAROLS Initiate

I hope we won't have to wait until... 2015?
Old 10th July 2011, 05:36 PM
Who... Initiate

Does anybody know which CD or whatever Utada's version of SUKIYAKI's from?

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 10th July 2011, 06:16 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Fade Away View Post
@ Koumori: I feel the same about her making music. It's usually really good when she is inspired by something, not when she feels obligated. That's probably why First Love was so successful. There was no pressure on her yet so she could really just go with anything she wanted to do.

Also the thing about her father IS ridiculous. I felt really bad for her when I heard that lol.
I really felt that Utada sang what she wanted to sing about in the five songs she recorded before her hiatus; and the PV for Goodbye Happiness which she produced was so simple, so meaningful. Like with all singers, Utada is most captivating when she genuinely wants to do something. She's made it clear she's not that bothered about sales really by boycotting Utada the Best, so it makes me feel happy she records when she really wants to, not because she's obsessed with sales or under obligation.

Since Utada is still under contract I have no doubt she'll return, and although I miss her so much already () I'll have faith the songs she will return with are going to be from the heart instead of for the money
Old 11th July 2011, 03:30 AM
And Then Initiate

^ I agree completely. I actually think it will be amazing if she explores different cultures/areas of the world on her hiatus because we might get a totally new sound from her when she returns. Also everyone is always like "Oh Ayu is the Queen of lyrics, blah blah" which -- she does write amazing lyrics - but most of Utada's lyrics also move me in the same way.

Like Teiku 5 has one of my favorite set of lyrics by Utada. And even though that song cuts off abruptly it makes sense concerning the theme of the song.

The five songs she wrote before her hiatus also held a lot of meaning. I think you're right in saying that it was what she wanted to do and it 'was' captivating because of that. She wrote about everything from the strength of her mother to her actual hiatus. The lyrics and compositions of all five songs are just really beautiful. They also encompassed different genres in their own way.

I honestly think she will return sooner rather than later as well. I wouldn't even mind if she returned and just did a series of live concerts and didn't release new material for like 2-3 years haha. I know that sounds crazy but I loveeeeee her lives. Her vocals are better than CD quality and she always adds something to her songs when she sings them live that I'm like "OMG WIN" haha.

For example, the "la da da da daaaaaaaaaaaa" in Hikari was soooo moving. Speaking of, I've also been a fan of hers since Hikari -- it's crazy that it's almost been 10 years lol.

*Sighhh* she really is just amazing.

Old 11th July 2011, 03:39 AM
Secret Initiate

^ FINAL DISTANCE always gets me harder than any Ayu song ever could. </3

Tags
hikki, singles collection 2, utada hikaru